Blue Jays/MLB 2020 SZN

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well as some of you are well aware the 2020 MLB season is about to get underway with some *coughs* interesting rule changes. Didn’t see a baseball thread in the first 4 pages on the board so I decided to create one.

Blue Jays played their first pre-season game last night, defeating the Red Sox 8-6. Also it has been decided that they’ll be playing all their home games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm pretty excited, there's something very calm about baseball with no fans. The crack of the bat has been very satisfying in particular (though I guess they're piping in sound now) I probably won't watch too many games just because of time, but I hope they're able to make it to the playoffs without too many health concerns.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't see their seasons lasting. They have the worst return to play plan that I've seen in North American sports.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
WTH they won that one? They were down 4-0 to start lol

Yeah it was wild.

After 3 it was 4-2 and from there on the Jays stayed within 1-2 runs the rest of the game. It was 6-5 Bo Sox in the top of the 9th. Brazier proceeded to crap the bed by giving up a double off the monster to Tellez, then a single to Hernandez. With Fisher at the plate, Brazier tried to pick off Hernandez at 1st and instead threw the ball into the 3rd row scoring Tellez and tying the game. Fisher hit a no-doubt-2-run bomb on the next pitch.

Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

47F54909-D30E-4B67-8DE6-F9C2DEC6C849.gif

Well that is certainly unexpected.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll be surprised if they finish the season. Having these guys traveling throughout the US for the next few months? This won't end well.

Reactions: Declassified

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
First game in and they've already given up on Covid containment.

Juan Soto tested positive and everyone on the Nationals had contact with him, but they're still letting them play.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Altuve, Bregman and Springer beaned in yesterday's Astros game.

Good start. Hopefully it lasts all season.
Want to see a lot more of that. Those assholes stole away a couple potential championships from my Yankees and also the Dodgers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
First game in and they've already given up on Covid containment.

Juan Soto tested positive and everyone on the Nationals had contact with him, but they're still letting them play.

Yeah, this won't end well.

I guess they could get lucky, but odds are against it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's not up to MLB standards. And it's a crappy ballpark that the players seemingly don't want to spend half their time in.

Lol...I've never seen where they play.
If it's not a shitty hockey team or football team, it's a shitty field.

Well the Big O in Montreal still hosts MLB games, put them there then. Quebec's premier wouldn't even read the print, let alone fine print anyways. He'd just sign off on it if it means revenue for the province.

Reactions: Cloned

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's not up to MLB standards. And it's a crappy ballpark that the players seemingly don't want to spend half their time in.
I thought I read it would take a week to get it up to standards, which seem to be a lighting issue. Which begs to ask why not just play during the day? These are different time.

That and honestly f*** the players. It's 30 games and we are in like I said different times. People need to be flexible in this situation.

I mean they don't really give a f*** about covid, but they are so concerned about the stadium? Seems like they have their priorities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad