GDT: Blue Jackets vs. Red Wings, 11/11/23 @1:00

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
You knew that Boqvist - Peeke pairing would be a disaster from the start. Made zero sense

1699735431770.png

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
There's something to be said about playing someone in important minutes so that they can regain their confidence. Johnny Hockey is well beyond that point. Playing him in the final minutes today was insane.
And never playing kids in those minutes literally just because they are kids is also insane. Fantilli is the single biggest part of our future and hes never allowed to see the ice in those big moments.

When Jiricek was up he'd be sat most of the 3rd even if he was looking good, its ridiculous.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Hey Vincent! You were so focus on making sure they work hard you didn't make sure they knew what the hell what they were doing, and be competent at doing it!

At least give the fans what they want in a season where playoffs are not expected. Play the damn Fantilli line more. Play them until they hit a literal wall!!!

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I know I'm repeating myself, but again, the Voronkov -- Fantilli -- Marchenko line was unreal. They complemented each other very well. And when they gain experience....

Btw, Texier played in Voronkov's place at the end because Dima was supposed to play in the final minutes.

I understand that Laine wasn't ideal for some part of the game, he had turnovers, as that's a perfectly normal state after a concussion. The head right away is not right. But how could he have played better than Johnny? And anyway, I'm not against #13 being a healthy scratch, let Chinakhov play instead of him.

I haven't even seen that many unforced errors in junior games.

Martin is hard to criticize. He may have prevented one goal, but how many did he save us from.

Weren't Werenski a talisman when playing the power play?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We’re playing Rangers tomorrow, so I guess they prepared Elvis for the “tougher” matchup
It kind of makes sense. The 2 thoughts are probably play your starter in game 1 for your best chance to win or play your starter for the 2nd game when the team may not have their legs to give them a better chance. Not that it matters for us and our playoff chances (lol) but it is a divisional game

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bringing up Chinakov only to sit him doesn’t seem the best move. . I know someone has to sit but why not Ros (yes he had a good game today) or even Kuraly. These guys aren’t - or shouldn’t be - so play the young guys to let them gain experience and see if they are core parts of this team.

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Hey Vincent! You were so focus on making sure they work hard you didn't make sure they knew what the hell what they were doing, and be competent at doing it!
Now...............don't get me wrong...........................but..............I like to think that becoming competent is like baking a cake.............you have to give it time and be patient...................until you start smelling smoke and the fire alarm goes off...............and then start over again................it takes a lot of hard work.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
To be honest most of these guys on this team arent playing "bad" it's just their ceiling isnt very high so their good games still arent making a real difference against quality teams.

I do, he's been good and doesnt play like a rookie.
Bottom 2 lines feel like a glorified AHL team.

Bringing up Chinakov only to sit him doesn’t seem the best move. . I know someone has to sit but why not Ros (yes he had a good game today) or even Kuraly. These guys aren’t - or shouldn’t be - so play the young guys to let them gain experience and see if they are core parts of this team.
Kuraly had a nice goal today. Then he reverted to his usual self.

Reactions: We Want Ten

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Terrible line combinations except one
Terrible game management
Terrible PP lineups
Terrible bottom pair
Terrible breakouts

Expected result.
Vincent is in a stalemate. Take PP as an example. My ideas

Voronkov
Laine Marchenko Fantilli
Boqvist

Jenner
Gaudreau Sillinger Chinakhov
Provorov

Now explain to me how to tell Werenski that he won't play PP or Gaudreau that he will be in 2Unit. Not even Torts would dare do that.

Regarding the lines, it's the same thing. There are some players who are untouchable even though they play poorly. The fact that Vincent doesn't change the Fantilli line I consider a miracle. But if Johnny doesn't start playing, he will be forced to change it. Etc, etc.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad