Blue Jackets talking to Ehrhoff (update---Ehrhoff signs 1 yr-$1.5 with the Kings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
With the front office seeing Murray as their"free agent signing" I don't really think anything is gonna get done. If Murray establishes himself this season then there's no point to add another dman when we have 2 or 3 defenseman looking to take a spot. With 2 or 3 more looking to push for spot in the following season.

Murray's been there the entire time. What do you think changed from the this rumor came out and now?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With the front office seeing Murray as their"free agent signing" I don't really think anything is gonna get done. If Murray establishes himself this season then there's no point to add another dman when we have 2 or 3 defenseman looking to take a spot. With 2 or 3 more looking to push for spot in the following season.

I don't think anybody anticipates the Jackets increasing their offer.

But the offer is there nonetheless. It's up to Ehrhoff if he wants to take it.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Portzline is so full of crap. If we had an offer on the table, why would we sign him to a PTO? Seriously, does he even read what he types?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Portzline is so full of crap. If we had an offer on the table, why would we sign him to a PTO? Seriously, does he even read what he types?

Who is to say the offer hasn't been pulled? If he wanted to be here, he would have been here by now. The last thing this team needs is some guy coming in here with a chip on his shoulder that he is playing for a team that he feels low balled him. An ego can be a hell of a thing.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Who is to say the offer hasn't been pulled? If he wanted to be here, he would have been here by now. The last thing this team needs is some guy coming in here with a chip on his shoulder that he is playing for a team that he feels low balled him. An ego can be a hell of a thing.

He would feel "offended" by a low ball offer, yet would accept a PTO? How does that makes sense?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

A PTO is like a test drive. It gives Ehrhoff the benefit of showing that he's worth more, and it can give Columbus either the benefit of knowing Ehrhoff is worth more or knowing that they were justified in their original offer.

If given a chance to sign a player to a PTO while an offer is on the table, I (acting as GM) would take it in a lot of cases. It's added security.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Someone asked him this and he responded by saying sometimes vets will sign a PTO and will wait(hope?) for someone to get injured, then try to get a better deal.

If you're Erhoff and sign a PTO and no one gets hurt and you have a decent camp, you can alway sign the original deal. But if you get hurt or have a poor camp, then the Jackets can withdraw their offer and you could be screwed. If you were Ehhoff, take the contract or take the chance with a PTO or pray everything goes your way?

*I guess he can go in with a PTO. Play excellent and hope another team notice and offer him more money. How would fans react if this happened?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
*I guess he can go in with a PTO. Play excellent and hope another team notice and offer him more money. How would fans react if this happened?

Other than giving him ice time in camp it wouldn't be that different from where it's at now. Plus that's kind of how PTOs work. I'd guess some fans who haven't been payig attention would be upset, but HFers would know what's what.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Heard from a fairly unimpeachable source that this offer is no longer on the table and was not even close to $2 million to begin with.

So, let's roll with what we've got, I guess.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He would feel "offended" by a low ball offer, yet would accept a PTO? How does that makes sense?

if someone thinks they are worth more than they really are, they can certainly be upset that they are not getting what they want. If a PTO is all that he's worth, he can certainly have a chip on his shoulder. It's up to him if that chip turns into a negative or positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad