Proposal: Blue Jackets - Habs (Blockbuster)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blue Jackets interested in getting younger with more futures? Or is this trade idea not something you are interested in?

- Kotkaniemi
- Romanov
- 2021 1st
- 2021 3rd
- Armia (with contract extension)
- One Prospect like... Ylonen, Struble, Tuch, Mysak.

for
- Laine (50% retention for the rest of the year... cap reasons for the Habs)
- Werenski

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If we're giving up both those guys, I would insist on Suzuki or some other guaranteed #1C, not a "probably" like Kotka.

Reactions: Fro

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we're giving up both those guys, I would insist on Suzuki or some other guaranteed #1C, not a "probably" like Kotka.

Not sure what other Habs fans say about Suzuki vs KK but I'd consider it. I have them close but they bring different things to the table as centers.

Not trying to sell you on KK but I bet you KK leap frogs Suzuki in the next two years. He's got the toolbox to be a puck possession center and his development is on par to what we thought we were getting when we drafted him. Right now, Suzuki is ahead of him cause his hockey IQ is off the carts. Many people pick Suzuki over KK but I have them close once they both reach their prime

Thank you for not trashing the idea.... like some others will try. I wish these people would go away! There are ways to decline with respect

Reactions: BarracudaMtl

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not sure what other Habs fans say about Suzuki vs KK but I'd consider it. I have them close but they bring different things to the table as centers.

Not trying to sell you on KK but I bet you KK leap frogs Suzuki in the next two years. He's got the toolbox to be a puck possession center and his development is on par to what we thought we were getting when we drafted him. Right now, Suzuki is ahead of him cause his hockey IQ is off the carts. Many people pick Suzuki over KK but I have them close once they both reach their prime
I was kind of picking that more for visceral reaction. Suzuki right now doesn't look like the quality of #1C we actually would demand in exchange for Werenski alone. He'd work as part of a Laine trade, but you're asking for both of those guys.

* * *​
Exaggeration provides no value to this discussion
He's frankly not that far off.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That’s 2/3 Columbus best assets for lots of unproven

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, 16th overall pick from last year big 2 way LH dman played in OHL/Team Canada at world juniors forget his name and 1st 2021 for laine 50% retained, Nick Foligno 50% retained, David Savard 50% retained and Werenski ( if the jackets have already retained on someone this wouldn’t work. )

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, 16th overall pick from last year big 2 way LH dman played in OHL/Team Canada at world juniors forget his name and 1st 2021 for laine 50% retained and Werenski
Do you want Kotkaniemi and our next 3 1st round picks too while we’re at it?

It’s obvious that would never happen lol. As a Hab fan, I’d love to see a guy like Laine on my team. Werenski would be great too, but CBJ should not let go of him...

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
you are not getting Laine AND Werenski while only giving up 1 current top 9 F and no top 4 D.
Kotkaniemi is projected to be a 1C and Romanov a #1 D :sarcasm: I bet my “money” on it:

tenor.gif

There’s no way Columbus trades the two most proven, young, and far better talents. As much as I want to dream lol.

Reactions: bukwas and Tripod

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kotkaniemi is projected to be a 1C and Romanov a #1 D :sarcasm: I bet my “money” on it:

tenor.gif

There’s no way Columbus trades the two most proven, young, and far better talents. As much as I want to dream lol.

Depends on what the Blue Jackets GM is thinking. Do they want to commit to a long term deal with Laine? Not a good start and they might have concerns. I think there is a chance they consider a movement to more youth moving forward. Hard to know for sure.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Depends on what the Blue Jackets GM is thinking. Do they want to commit to a long term deal with Laine? Not a good start and they might have concerns. I think there is a chance they consider a movement to more youth moving forward. Hard to know for sure.
I just think Laine is a bad fit for Torts. I’d offer a lot for him to be honest.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
the most interesting things for Laine...is going to be his next contract.

Agreed. That's why I proposed the idea. Laine's next contract and how he is trending with the Blue Jackets so far is the wild card. What happens if Laine wants a monster AAV and term and if he don't get it, he then turns to a 4 year deal then fast track to UFA?

Regardless of this trade idea happening or not, I agree... Laine's next contract is a factor

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just think Laine is a bad fit for Torts. I’d offer a lot for him to be honest.

Timing is everything. If Werenski was having a season like last year and Laine was on a hot streak, this trade idea gets trashed even more.

I think Laine is strugeling cause he's not with the stacked forward group with the Jets anymore. Laine's next contract is scary. I'd take the risk but it's a packaged deal... Laine and Werenski and Habs try our best to address what they want in return. This trade idea is just a starting point to discuss. KK, Romanov, 1st, Armia, and other pieces is not a trash offer by the Habs. I stand firm on that.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad