Friedman: Blue Jackets a fit for Quick?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Kings bloggers [who has been wrong 80 pct of the time ] don't count. He projects/speculates more than anyone out there. He had it as a lock Thornton was signing with the Kings a few years back.
To be fair He has been right about a lot of things that no one called not even tsn. (called Mitchell weeks before he signed , Sutter firing and most recent Muzzin return) Yes he was wrong a lot as well but for kings news the only one i ve seen call things better is LeBrun. So out of the slim pickings we have for news He is one of the best.

Reactions: deaderhead28

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kings bloggers [who has been wrong 80 pct of the time ] don't count. He projects/speculates more than anyone out there. He had it as a lock Thornton was signing with the Kings a few years back.
John Hoven hasnt been wrong recently 80% of the time.He has been good the last couple years.I get it you dont like the stuff he repeats,but to make a accusation that he is 80% wrong is just ridiculous.Blaming the insider for posting information he was told and getting mad when those decisions by players change lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
To be fair He has been right about a lot of things that no one called not even tsn. (called Mitchell weeks before he signed , Sutter firing and most recent Muzzin return) Yes he was wrong a lot as well but for kings news the only one i ve seen call things better is LeBrun. So out of the slim pickings we have for news He is one of the best.
Yes John Hoven was pretty bad in years past.But I'm going to give him credit when he gets it right.The last couple of years he have been pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So question: let's suppose Quick is traded to Columbus (or anywhere for that matter) and no salary is retained, how does the cap hit work? Quick's contract was 10 years @ $58 Million with a $5.8 Million AAV. If someone traded for him now they would be getting 4 years @ $16 Million which should be a $4 Million AAV.

Do the CBJ take the $5.8 Million cap hit or do the CBJ take a $4 Million cap hit and the Kings $1.8 Million? Or is there some other formula at work?

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
So question: let's suppose Quick is traded to Columbus (or anywhere for that matter) and no salary is retained, how does the cap hit work? Quick's contract was 10 years @ $58 Million with a $5.8 Million AAV. If someone traded for him now they would be getting 4 years @ $16 Million which should be a $4 Million AAV.

Do the CBJ take the $5.8 Million cap hit or do the CBJ take a $4 Million cap hit and the Kings $1.8 Million? Or is there some other formula at work?
Cap hit doesn’t change, no matter where a player is traded or how much salary is still owed. Still a 5.8 hit for whatever team he is on.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Starting to ignore the Friedman posts on this board, my god this guy just throws a bunch of names out their hoping that they stick, of course they would look at Quick, a lot of team will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad