Friedman: Blue Jackets a fit for Quick?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I hope he goes to the Panthers instead. I’d prefer the packages from Florida. Quick and Martinez for 1st 2020, 2nd 2019, Pysyk, and Heponiemi

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He goes from a sunken ship to a sinking ship. Whoopee

Columbus sits in the wildcard spot...is the outlook really that bleak for the team right now? I get losing Panarin and Bob is brutal, but you guys might be able to recoup some good assets for them. Dubois and Jones are great players to build around.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Quick being signed for another 4 years after this is... something. Yeah his real $$ drops off soon, but I mean.. why would we bother? He's not playing at an elite level, so I don't see the reasoning behind taking him on with that contract when we have a gaggle of young goalies (Korpisalo, Vehvilainen, Merzlikins, Tarasov) who could prove themselves to be legitimate NHL starters before Quick's contract ends.

Reactions: Adityase

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Columbus sits in the wildcard spot...is the outlook really that bleak for the team right now? I get losing Panarin and Bob is brutal, but you guys might be able to recoup some good assets for them. Dubois and Jones are great players to build around.

Yes, the outlook is that bleak. They are going to miss the playoffs if they continue to carry the burden of the Panarin/Bob situations forward. Too much internal drama (I've been using the Pittsburgh Steelers as a comparison this year for a while now). Then, if they trade both of them, they drastically weaken their roster, which will again result in no playoffs.

The only chance they have is to trade Bob/Panarin for what they can get, and then flip those assets for other top deadline targets (like Duchene, Stone, etc). But that only happens if the new players are willing to sign extensions and the CBJ meet the asking price. Lots of moving parts, thus unlikely to happen.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Cool, another thread where we couldn’t get past the first page without bashing the city of Columbus. Fun forum here.
I dont blame them though, its pretty important for people how the weather is where you live.

Most people absolutely hates cold weather, snow, snow/rain at the same time etc. I know how it is, lived with that my whole life. And i can tell you, its not very fun going for long walks with the dog every day in those conditions lol...

I live in a country thats cold as hell and its snow/ice on the road from December to March and cold, windy and rains a lot from September to December. Not exactly my first choice, but i would have to move to another country to get away from that, away from family and friends so that makes it kind of difficult to move. If it wasnt for family/friends i would move to Florida or California asap.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I dont blame them though, its pretty important for people how the weather is where you live.

Most people absolutely hates cold weather, snow, snow/rain at the same time etc. I know how it is, lived with that my whole life. And i can tell you, its not very fun going for long walks with the dog every day in those conditions lol...

I live in a country thats cold as hell and its snow/ice on the road from December to March and cold, windy and rains a lot from September to December. Not exactly my first choice, but i would have to move to another country to get away from that, away from family and friends so that makes it kind of difficult to move. If it wasnt for family/friends i would move to Florida or California asap.

Most hockey players come from cold areas of the US, Canada, Sweden, Finland, or Russia. Some love the cold. Some don't. Is it a factor into all players decisions? Obviously. Is it the de-facto #1 thing people consider? No. It's also only snowed in Columbus like 3 times this winter. I've worn my coat more this past week than I have the whole winter.

In theory everyone wants to live near a beach or whatever, and some have that option (or are good enough to have the option regardless). Quick is from Connecticut, which has way worse winters than Columbus. If traded here, he'll manage.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Most hockey players come from cold areas of the US, Canada, Sweden, Finland, or Russia. Some love the cold. Some don't. Is it a factor into all players decisions? Obviously. Is it the de-facto #1 thing people consider? No. It's also only snowed in Columbus like 3 times this winter. I've worn my coat more this past week than I have the whole winter.

In theory everyone wants to live near a beach or whatever, and some have that option (or are good enough to have the option regardless). Quick is from Connecticut, which has way worse winters than Columbus. If traded here, he'll manage.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Quick would spontaneously combust if he was traded to Columbus. I can say that my wife is from Connecticut and there is no way in hell she would move back there voluntarily. I don't think it's that crazy to say that people would prefer warmer weather, but to each their own.

Anyway I think Quick could help CBJ for a playoff push but I still believe the amount of time he has left on his deal is going to scare off anyone from making a serious offer. I don't think the Kings will trade him for a 4th just to get rid of him.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Quick to STL, LA retains for value. Binnington + Quick, in the playoffs Quick can be the difference now that the Blues have firepower and ROR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad