Friedman: Blue Jackets a fit for Quick?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm sure quick will love moving to Ohio from LA to play for Tortorella

He could probably get some great recommendations from Carter

I think he'd love it, and Torts would love him. Quick has more fire than 90% of the nhl. Dude is all heart. He doesn't even have appendages anymore.

Oh man, of all the guys who will probably get traded from the Kings this one is gonna hurt the most. Best Kings goalie of all time, it will be very sad to see him go...

Yep :(

Guy cares so damn much.

I could see him excelling being thrown right back into a playoff race instead of having to channel all that rage into breaking sticks over losses repeatedly.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Blue jackets may not be in desperate need of a goalie (I was not aware of the amount of goalies they have in the system), but here's some things about Quick. He may not like getting traded if it does happen, but I'll tell you that Quick will never stop fighting for the guys in front of him. He'll never place any blame anywhere except himself and gives all the credit to his teammates. Any team would be lucky to have him as their goalie and I think he would be a great mentor for all the young goalies in the Blue Jackets system and in case they aren't ready for prime time.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Sounds familiar? :sarcasm:
Tweet this to your GM right now!
Save us from the Bob contract!

Oh you know you want to hear the sound of 8X10! At least it sounds close to what Bob thinks he is worth. His playoff stats alone, make him a goalie I don't even necessarily want, even if the contract was decent. Quick has the better playoff success, even if he is struggling this season, the Kings have likely been brutal in front of him, which certainly can't help things.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blue jackets may not be in desperate need of a goalie (I was not aware of the amount of goalies they have in the system), but here's some things about Quick. He may not like getting traded if it does happen, but I'll tell you that Quick will never stop fighting for the guys in front of him. He'll never place any blame anywhere except himself and gives all the credit to his teammates. Any team would be lucky to have him as their goalie and I think he would be a great mentor for all the young goalies in the Blue Jackets system and in case they aren't ready for prime time.

He'd be a phenomenal leader there and the opposite of a distraction, hell I think Torts would have a man crush on his attitude. Infectious.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I feel like Quick helping an underdog team like Columbus to win a Cup is about the only way I’d be okay with him ever not wearing a Kings sweater. Plus, they did give us Carter and Gaborik.

If he’s traded, I hope he at least signs a one-day contract with us the summer he retires so he can still say he retired as a King. It’s already no question that his number is heading to the rafters.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I feel like Quick helping an underdog team like Columbus to win a Cup is about the only way I’d be okay with him ever not wearing a Kings sweater. Plus, they did give us Carter and Gaborik.

If he’s traded, I hope he at least signs a one-day contract with us the summer he retires so he can still say he retired as a King. It’s already no question that his number is heading to the rafters.

QuickSmile.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad