Half-Assed GDT: blu@leef

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Did Tavares play tonight?

He was completely invisible. Seems like Babcock had so much focus on getting Kadri back to matchup role that it through off the rhythm of Taveras and Matthews. Not that I am complaining.

I remember him completely undressing Eddy at one point.

If you look back, skating was the major aspect of his game that was questioned at draft day.

Reactions: Bendak

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Allen had a good game by the looks of it. The Rielly goal had a ton of traffic, so the fact that he was even able to get a piece of it is admirable.

The first goal was funny because the collective reaction of the team was like, "holy shit, we scored!?" Like this is new to them. That could just be me though. :laugh:

Good game, hopefully the mood lightens a bit around here. Still October after all.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Winning is quite a tonic for what ails club. We put together another few games like that and I'll feel better about our direction. Not letting Yeo off hot seat because his quite talented team finally played a good game.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
He's still feeling things out from the sound of it.

He also said, "we learned from it (with regard to the Montreal game). That's encouraging.
That's cliche. What coach wouldn't say "we learned from it" after a rather embarrassing loss?

Feeling things out? That's what preseason is for. This is ridiculous.
Yeah I mean that’s certainly something to think about
It boggles my mind. He actually said "I don't know."

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
That's cliche. What coach wouldn't say "we learned from it" after a rather embarrassing loss?

Feeling things out? That's what preseason is for. This is ridiculous.

You need your feelings to play, or do anything, really. It's that simple.

Also, learning is a cliche now? What.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
In all se
Buddy of mine delivered pizza to him one night. I'll happily get you his address if this happens.
In all seriousness, boo to this. No coach or player, no matter how disappointing, should have to have his family’s home affected by upset fans. Boo at games, write in to the paper, call the arena. But give the guy’s family a little privacy.

I took the original message as a joke,

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
In all se

In all seriousness, boo to this. No coach or player, no matter how disappointing, should have to have his family’s home affected by upset fans. Boo at games, write in to the paper, call the arena. But give the guy’s family a little privacy.

I took the original message as a joke,

In all seriousness, I feel the same way. I wouldn't even actually approach my friend for the address, especially for someone else. If I were willing to do it, you would have already heard of something similar happening on the news.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
In all seriousness, I feel the same way. I wouldn't even actually approach my friend for the address, especially for someone else. If I were willing to do it, you would have already heard of something similar happening on the news.
I used to live a couple blocks from Manny Legace. I never actually saw him, but I thought about how it would be to stop by and say something positive to him. I couldn’t think of a way that wasn’t creepy.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I used to live a couple blocks from Manny Legace. I never actually saw him, but I thought about how it would be to stop by and say something positive to him. I couldn’t think of a way that wasn’t creepy.
<door opens>

SY: "Hello neighbor!" <blinks, then looks down> "Hello neighbor! I had a little free time, so I wanted to drop by with a small gift to welcome you to the neighborhood. Would you prefer a pint-sized serving of chunky ice cream or a box of Runts? I can have either here for you shortly."

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Game thoughts:

Tarasenko- you finally played the game in a way that I knew you could. It was fun to watch you do your thing again.
ROR- the engine that never quits and you finally got the reward.
Schenn- your starting to hit that groove.
Schwartz- I love your work ethic, but things aren’t clicking yet.
Perron-the points just keep flowing and your dogged quest for the puck seems to be one of the main fuel cells.
Barbashev-your defensive play hasn’t gone unnoticed.
Sanford-nice rip tonight. You also have been playing pretty well since getting back to the NHL
Steen-that hustle seems to be back. Sip from the fountain of youth?
Bozak- you looked pretty shifty out there
Maroon- even you looked pretty good
Blais- good effort all night and some smart reads and passes.
Kyrou- keep making things happen and you will move back up the lineup.

Petro- you looked Norris worthy tonight. That PKing was some fine work
Bortuzzo- you had one of those solid games tonight and engage offensively. Nice
Dunn-that swagger is back and people are noticing
Schmaltz- you are a fine NHLer. You deserve to stay in the lineup
Parayko- using your two gifts suits you. Taking shots and shielding with your frame. Stick with it!
Edmundson-your a rock dude!

Allen-staying square and calm. Remember to keep playing this way. It works!

Yeo- thanks for benching JBo. Keep this in mind all season
Backhanded compliment for Maroon. He has been outstanding for what he's getting paid. Dare i say, most bang for the buck on the entire team.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Backhanded compliment for Maroon. He has been outstanding for what he's getting paid. Dare i say, most bang for the buck on the entire team.

Agree, Maroon contact will look like a bargain by the end of the year. Sure he's limited but he's one of the few forwards we have that can push guys around. That's at least two goals this year where he just muscled a guy off the puck and made a pass which led to a goal.

I seem to remember Sanford having a good shot before, so would be nice if he can do that a little more often. We need more guys to shoot the puck like that.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is Barbashev better player for our team currenlty compare to Thomas and is it good thing to sit Thomas and developed him that way?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Is Barbashev better player for our team currenlty compare to Thomas and is it good thing to sit Thomas and developed him that way?

Barbashev should be in the lineup pretty much every game. He's turning into a very effective penalty killer.

The name I question benching Thomas for is Sammy Blais. I'm just not overly impressed, although he does seem to draw a lot of penalties.

Reactions: phxblue and Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad