Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
:blues:
Who cares

:leafs:
Good players

Pro tip:
This is the easiest “over” in gambling history with it being set at 6 goals. The Leafs will probably hit that themselves.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Edmundson says it's a must win. I think that means the coaching seats are officially warm. The last athletic chat suggested the Blues man on man experiment is probably over with. I'm hoping for some tight defense this game. That's all I hope for. Make them work for the good chances.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Not even sure what to say at this point.
I have a hard time even watching this team which is weird because I follow them year round.

I'm just flat out disgusted that Yeo and his staff are still here, frustrated that DA can have such a great off season yet his poor coaching hire sabotages both his work and the Amateur Scouting Staffs work.

This team could be damn good but I can't escape the feeling that we are going absolutely no where with Yeo and his staff. I feel like I have to cheer for humiliating losses because that's what will get Yeo fired quickest and that's the 1st and most important step towards turning things around.

Go Leafs, destroy us tonight and put us one step closer to a new coach.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
tenor.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’m close to being at the stage of hoping for a loss. This isn’t a good team. Why prolong the misery with false hope?

Reactions: Bendak

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
So the #1 team in the NHL is playing the #2 team from the cellar. I don't think it takes Nostradamus to predict this one.

With that said, Blues 5 Leafs 2 :naughty: Jake Allen #1 star after stopping 51 of 53 shots.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Scratching JayBo on HNIC and Thomas on first game in his hometown don't seem like moves that will go over well in the room. This could be ugly. I would be shocked if Yeo survives the month at this point.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Scratching JBo on hockey night in Canada?!?!

Who cares?

I'm sure the room is damn happy that he's out tonight...if that's true. I haven't seen it.

The boys know who the weak links are and if Bouwmeester was traded tomorrow they'd say all the right things on camera right before heading to celebrate with the rest of the squad.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
JBo scratch is encouraging. I still think he could settle in as the best option on the 3rd pair, but was wondering and worrying about how much longer we were going to do this Petro-JBo fiasco.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm pretty sure we're going to win this one, just to give Yeo a longer lifespan.
Lol this is where I’m at as well.

Just have a feeling we have a convincing win tonight.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Bouw being scratched is the right move at this point. Thomas out in favor of Sanford or Blais makes no sense to me. Blais got to play in his home town. Give Thomas his shot to play. The fact Yeo didn’t have Sanford in the list of players he’d have to consider taking out in favor if Thomas is pretty telling of how Yeo thought Sanford performed. However, it leads more into the double standard for players. Thomas didn’t struggle bad enough to warrant taking him out. Blais hasn’t show enough to warrant keeping him in. Sanford didn’t light the world on fire either against Montreal, but him and Blais are older and more experienced so Thomas stays out in his hometown. Kyrou also didn’t play bad enough in 1 game to get demoted, and Sanford certainly didn’t play well enough after 1 game to get moved up. So, again, Yeo has a double standard. For anyone defending Sanford, I challenge you to show where he has more upside and talent than Thomas or Kyrou. He could be an effective bottom 6 player but the talent to be middle to top 6 just isn’t there.

This also screams desperation time for Yeo and I bet the lines change before the end of the 1st period. #Bouw and Yeo need to go.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t agree with everything Yeo does but there are certainly some overreactions here about him. Yeah of course Yeo is desperate. That’s not shocking. Most coaches in his position would be. The team has won 1 game as we head into the 7th game of the season. They need to turn it around. So let’s mix up the lines and see what works. It’s worth a shot.

He’s gotta do anything he can to jump start this team. Some of you are far too concerned with Thomas and Kyrou than the team actually winning a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad