"Blow the Zone" Horvat Strikes Back

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
Reflects pretty poorly on Horvat to be honest.

I was never high on his captaincy as I got sick of the platitudes and/or say nothings of his interviews which was often followed be inaction on the ice (same went for Miller). Mentioned it before and my opinion hasn’t changed.
He finally said something :)

I have always stayed away from a person talking behind others' back. If I were Islanders' fan, I'd be concerned with Horvat's character.

Reactions: Indiana

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Ironically, Horvat often said that he would rather move on than continue to lose, as if he, as the captain of the team, didn't help contribute to the losing himself.

His lack of self-awareness, present and past, is comical.

Last edited:

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Had to captain through the worst management team in history but lets place the blame on bo.

If i was bo and had read fan comments after the trade id tell the fanbase to go f*** themselves. Greasy keyboard swine acting hurt after spending the last 6 weeks taking shots.
Bo put the blame on the fans, mate

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Horvat's comments are worse than when Linden basically was asked about ticket prices at Canucks games being too expensive for families to attend when he said something like, "Well, they will just have to attend other sporting event they can afford."

Some athletes don't realize how fortunate they are that their form of entertainment is disproportionally valued in society above teacher, and doctors and nurses and other essential workers and that their Fans, that they sometimes disrespect, are paying for their lifestyles.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We got significantly better as soon as he left. Not soon after, not just with the new coach, but when he was traded. If he wants to be salty about not making the playoffs often enough in his time here, yeah, fair enough, management and coaching was awful most of his time here. But he's still the former captain of this sinking ship, whose production was driven off a cliff after he signed a big money contract, so really, who cares what he has to say anymore?

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Bo has Hank & Danny’s cell #;
he should talk to them about how loud Rogers Arena is when you can actually lead your team into the playoffs…

Take your shots at management, ownership all day long but to put down Canuck fans while propping up Isles fans is lame.

But hey, anything to make fans forget you just went an entire month without scoring a Goal. Right?

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
A prominent local media personality often referred to as the "Boat Captain" recently referred to Horvat on air as an "Old Soul", now I understand him to have meant 'Old Sole" and it makes more sense.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Horvat's comments are worse than when Linden basically was asked about ticket prices at Canucks games being too expensive for families to attend when he said something like, "Well, they will just have to attend other sporting event they can afford."

Some athletes don't realize how fortunate they are that their form of entertainment is disproportionally valued in society above teacher, and doctors and nurses and other essential workers and that their Fans, that they sometimes disrespect, are paying for their lifestyles.

No, Linden's comments were way worse for many reasons.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I said this before during the dark days of 2015 and I’ll say it again today in 2023.

This organization devalues its assets by f***ing around with their lives and careers and destroying any semblance of employee/employer trust.

When your lying douche bag of a boss keeps jerking your chain over and over again, you tune out.

Everyone does.

And everyone also stops trying because they know that working hard doesn’t mean anything in this org because Frankie has never worked a hard day in his life.

Bo is a 8.5m player but will never be one for us because of the Aquilinis and NOT because Bo has some kind of character issue. Lol.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Had to captain through the worst management team in history but lets place the blame on bo.

If i was bo and had read fan comments after the trade id tell the fanbase to go f*** themselves. Greasy keyboard swine acting hurt after spending the last 6 weeks taking shots.
Yeah.

I can't believe how low the IQ is on these boards.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Ironically, Horvat often said that he would rather move on than continue to lose, as if he, as the captain of the team, didn't help contribute to the losing himself.

His lack of self-awareness, present and past, is comical.
Yeah I mean all he did was score almost a goal a game for us. What a lazy bum. And Canuck fans wonder why almost nobody wants to play here...

Reactions: rypper

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fans calling into the 650 post game show sounded like jilted ex lovers. 3/4 of people calling in, texting whatever wanted to talk Horvat.

Who cares.

It's less a shot at Vancouver and more an effort to win over fans in New York.
When you are not playing meaningful games in the final few games of the season or preparing for the PO, can’t be enjoyable. Isles are not in yet but at least every game will matter til the end.

Canuck over the past 3 seasons buried themselves by the quarter mark of the season.

Over 8.5 seasons in Vancouver and 1 legit playoff appearance plus the 2020 play-in that they won.

Probably don’t make the PO without Covid.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
On the one hand, Bo did play for some bad teams with bad coaches. On the other hand, he was on the ice - sometimes for more than one shift - in those games where we went 10+ minutes without a shot. He never seemed to give the team a boost and he could go through stretches where he wasn't always leaving it on the ice.

I liked him while he was here but I don't miss him now that he's gone.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Rehash what I posted in another forum

I like it
This league spends too much time coaching personality out and giving the safe canned generic answers in interviews. League lacks rivalries and this kinda starts a mini one. The next Islanders visit here will have some Van vs Bo heat to it

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
When you are not playing meaningful games in the final few games of the season or preparing for the PO, can’t be enjoyable. Isles are not in yet but at least every game will matter til the end.

Canuck over the past 3 seasons buried themselves by the quarter mark of the season.

Over 8.5 seasons in Vancouver and 1 legit playoff appearance plus the 2020 play-in that they won.

Probably don’t make the PO without Covid.
The leadership core of the team has a lot to do with how well prepared a team is to compete. This year the team came out so flat and Horvat often had a deer in headlights look after losses.

Hard to blame the fans for that one. Oh well. Hopefully Sid and the penguins snatch that last wild card spot and this whole discussion is moot.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The leadership core of the team has a lot to do with how well prepared a team is to compete. This year the team came out so flat and Horvat often had a deer in headlights look after losses.

Hard to blame the fans for that one. Oh well. Hopefully Sid and the penguins snatch that last wild card spot and this whole discussion is moot.
Poor leadership group. Either Bo and co didnt pick up what the twins were teaching or the twins were not as good as passing that down.

He probably clarifies his statement about it being directed to Vancouver front office vs the fans later. I took it as a shot vs the ownership and front office. Fans can’t be excited when the team is that bad early. In the end, what do wins means when you clearly won’t make the POs? Meaningless to them at that point.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
After the incompetence that guy put up with under Benning, then the out right disrespect from this management group…. People are going to get upset about that comment. I have no doubt it’s better when your name isn’t swirling in the media about a trade, or your out of the playoff race by Xmas each year, or the overbearing media in Vancouver asking you the same questions for years.

The comment was not only reasonable it was correct.

Some of you are soft and fragile, just because he played for the team you like, doesn’t mean he is forced to pander to your feelings after he is gone. He ain’t your b*%ch and you shouldn’t think he is.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I know I'm supposed to take this as the greatest personal insult ever or something, but honestly it sounds like he just answered the question at the "what is this playoff push like for you" part.

Also, dang, OP is really hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad