"Blow the Zone" Horvat Strikes Back

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I mean ya fans are pretty quiet when the captain can’t lead the team to the playoffs

Had to captain through the worst management team in history but lets place the blame on bo.

If i was bo and had read fan comments after the trade id tell the fanbase to go f*** themselves. Greasy keyboard swine acting hurt after spending the last 6 weeks taking shots.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Bo.jpg

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
What do you expect from a guy who played his entire career on a mismanaged team that did nothing but loose?

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He who laughs last, laughs best, as they say. Horvat has seven goals in 29 games with the Islanders. And I predict that will the 'pace' he adjusts to on the Island. His season with the Canucks this year was a total aberration.

For $8.5m a season, the Islanders are going to get a 50-60 point player. Far too much money for too little production. And that won't be 'a lot better than Vancouver'.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Islanders have perhaps the worst prospect pool in the league, an aging core, and may lose Sorokin as a UFA next season and he's the only reason they are even in a playoff race. It says a lot about him when he plays his best hockey in a contract year and then once he gets paid he goes back to being his old 20 goal 50 point self. Never thought he was about the money but he clearly is and isn't about winning either. The team improved without him. Enjoy the bottom of the standings Bo, because after next season you'll be back there for a long long time.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Yeah... he's been lackluster since being traded. Not surprised, although I would have expected him to go back to reality for next season, not right after being traded, lol.

Maybe salty Canucks didn't over evaluate him. But then again, maybe just fortunate circumstances that Vancouver didn't have the cap, otherwise maybe they would have actually thought he's a 8.5mil player.

Reactions: Indiana

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
That's more a shot at the inept management he had to captain through and the state of the team than the fans.

Maybe so, but the question was also included about the excitement of the arena and fans. So probably not the best time to give the salty answer at this place and time. Vancouver was not brought up into the question, they're not divisional rivals or even in the same conference. Literally no reason to bring up Vancouver other than being salty. This definitely could have been interpreted as a shot at the fans themselves (or everything about Vancouver Canucks).

I'm sure in a couple days, he'll come back and "clarify" it wasn't meant at the fans, he's just excited about being on team having a legit shot at playoff hockey where that wasn't the case in Vancouver, blah blah blah.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Reflects pretty poorly on Horvat to be honest.

I was never high on his captaincy as I got sick of the platitudes and/or say nothings of his interviews which was often followed be inaction on the ice (same went for Miller). Mentioned it before and my opinion hasn’t changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad