Rumor: Blow it up or nah? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Great news if true. Rewarding the most deserving player. I like it.

I agree. With it being a Duchene injury, I'm happy they didn't just bump up the lines with a Sislo (etc.) call up.

Give Greer a real shot on the 2nd/3rd line and see what he can contribute.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Happy for Greer, but that's an awfully depressing second line for a NHL team. Hope he makes the best of the opportunity. One of the most impressive development curves I've seen in all my years watching hockey.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So since it's becoming more and more clear that the players are part of the issue around here, I think it might be time to pull the trigger on some core move trades. I'd propose these.

To EDM:
Barrie

To COL:
RNH

To WPG:
Landeskog

To COL:
Trouba

To ARI:
Pickard

To COL:
Crouse

That leaves us 2 combos to work around this season and Crouse to put somewhere and Jost coming next season:

RNH-MacK
Duchene-Rantanen

Plus it gives us a top 3 on defense of EJ, Trouba and Zadorov to build around for the future.

Plus it eliminates the goalie issue with the upcoming expansion draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think trading Landeskog would be a horrible decision. I'd trade Barrie but I'd like to get some type of right handed D talent come back. Everyone knows I absolutely love these two guys but I'd like to see a trade like Barrie for Crouse and DeAngelo.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
This Soderberg signing is looking ugly one year in... Guy hasn't show anything all year, and he's supposed to be anchoring the 2nd line???

Think you're looking at a decent 3rd line scoring centre, nothing more. Really disappointed in his performance so far.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This Soderberg signing is looking ugly one year in... Guy hasn't show anything all year, and he's supposed to be anchoring the 2nd line???

Think you're looking at a decent 3rd line scoring centre, nothing more. Really disappointed in his performance so far.

That's because, that is what Soderberg is, a 3C who in a emergency situation could move up for a short time. Unfortunately we have him playing as a 2C because our depth is absolute ****. I mean we'd be fine if we actually had some quality top 6 wingers, so that Duchene and MacK could play 1C and 2C, but since we have no quality wingers one of those guys is constantly playing wing and forcing Soderberg into the 2C roll.

He overachieved last season and now everyone's expectations are all out of whack. Soderberg is a 3C on a playoff caliber team, no if's and's or but's.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So since it's becoming more and more clear that the players are part of the issue around here, I think it might be time to pull the trigger on some core move trades. I'd propose these.

To EDM:
Barrie

To COL:
RNH

To WPG:
Landeskog

To COL:
Trouba

To ARI:
Pickard

To COL:
Crouse

That leaves us 2 combos to work around this season and Crouse to put somewhere and Jost coming next season:

RNH-MacK
Duchene-Rantanen

Plus it gives us a top 3 on defense of EJ, Trouba and Zadorov to build around for the future.

Plus it eliminates the goalie issue with the upcoming expansion draft.

If we're going to start dealing the core, I am 1,000% against lateral moves and 1-for-1 deals. If we blow up the core, we had better not be thinking we'll be a good team for the next few years. No more band aids. I want lucrative futures in bulk for these guys. Somebody will pay something similar to what we got for ROR to acquire Barrie and Landeskog on their team-friendly contracts. If we go that route, we build for the future, not lateral moves to try and compete next year or the year after that. Never burning it all down is what got us a decade of stagnation.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Who are we trading for?

Just as likely that half those teams are scouting the Bruins and not us. I think too much weight gets put on these lists. It sounds like an inside scoop, but most of those guys are scouting the other team or preparing for potential deals that we never hear about because they never get past the initial talks phase.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If we're going to start dealing the core, I am 1,000% against lateral moves and 1-for-1 deals. If we blow up the core, we had better not be thinking we'll be a good team for the next few years. No more band aids. I want lucrative futures in bulk for these guys. Somebody will pay something similar to what we got for ROR to acquire Barrie and Landeskog on their team-friendly contracts. If we go that route, we build for the future, not lateral moves to try and compete next year or the year after that. Never burning it all down is what got us a decade of stagnation.

Those moves aren't lateral moves, they make us better now and in the future. Defense improves, offense becomes slightly more well rounded and goaltending stays the same.

I absolutely do not make any more ROR type deals. You can't continually sell off star caliber NHLers for futures and hope it pans out. Sometimes you need those Jones for Johansen type deals that help both teams.

In my deals, we need a reliable smart 2C so Soderberg isn't in that roll any more, so we acquire RNH who has paired well with MacK in the past. Edmonton needs a PMD they get Barrie. We need a solid top pairing caliber dman so we go after Trouba. Winnipeg gets a solid 2nd line winger in Landeskog to give them secondary scoring behind the big guys. The Pickard for Crouse move was more a we have too many goalies, lets get a decent prospect out of one of them and slot him in for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad