Rumor: Blow it up or nah? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Disagree there. He's a very good top-9 forward, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him playing consistent top-6 minutes. Really like him as a 3rd line player, but we need to get away from the $4 million "okay" players.

He got hurt last year but was on pace for a 55 pts season which is on par with most 2nd liners. I think he's a 3rd liner on a very good team but we aren't a very good team are we? The way I see it is we have a spot for him on the top 6 and we'd have to pay at least as much next summer to get someone as good as him on the UFA market, but we'd have to sign him for a longer term.

So yeah, I do think he's a good fit here and 2 more years under contract isn't all that much for a 30 year old.

IMO he's a decent option.

Last edited:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
The Avs need middle six scoring but paying $4m and trading a young, inexpensive player is too much for that.

Avs need to start developing that type of player. Who is the last middle six player the Avs developed? It seems like the either hit a homerun or strike out.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Pouliot is a dumb player but fast and hard working. I don't know if we need more dumb.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pouliot is a dumb player but fast and hard working. I don't know if we need more dumb.

Don't people say that about Matthias? It really makes a difference if the player can play within their strengths. We have a lot of dumb that is too dumb to realize they're dumb lol.

I'm not for it really, but we all know we could have used Boedker at 4M.

Right now I think we have too much with Joe and Blake anyways, and giving up Grigorenko isn't worth it. Especially if he is going to contribute to stabilizing the third line, or even the second line center position if Soderberg continues to suck.

It's easy to wish we had one more competent middle six/second line player though. So I get why people are looking for it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Boedker has 2 points, I know he's streaky but if we were paying 4x4 for that we'd be tearing our hair out. I don't think he finishes that contract in San Jose

It's too bad we couldn't get him to sign that 3x3.5 deal or whatever it was that we offered that he almost signed.

He's good for 45-50pts, and with absolute trash top 6 we have he'd look a hell of a lot better than Iginla or Bourque.

Rantanen-MacK-Duchene
Landeskog-Soderberg-Boedker

looks a lot better than what we've got.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Boedker has 2 points, I know he's streaky but if we were paying 4x4 for that we'd be tearing our hair out. I don't think he finishes that contract in San Jose

Yeah I agree, that is where developing guys like Compher, and Greer come in. Hopefully we can get some middle six production out of them when they come up.

On that note, there hasn't been any call-up yet despite Duchy's injury?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I agree, that is where developing guys like Compher, and Greer come in. Hopefully we can get some middle six production out of them when they comes up.

On that note, there hasn't been any call-up yet despite Duchy's injury?

Just posted in the other thread, St Amant called up to the Rampage this morning. We should know later.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At 3.5m, I'd put up with Boedker quite easily. He isn't a top end player, but at that price you are not paying for one either.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Because we need more non NHL players with zero future on the roster? lol

I wouldn't exactly describe hm as that. Depends what they want, what Henley does he does very well. I see this as a reward type callup and would rather it go to someone who has been a good solider or performed well than just a vet. Greer is not ready long term but short term I think its a decent consideration. Maybe Grimaldi is the happy medium.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How does Greer's ELC work? Is it the same as Mikko last year where if he doesn't play 10 NHL games it doesn't count as a year or does this count as year 1 regardless of NHL time?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Thanks to Rampage Nate, I did some snooping on FB and it does look like Greer's been called up to play tomorrow according to some family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad