Not open for further replies.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sad to give up Lindberg but...

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Wow!!!

Murray did exactly what was needed to stabilize the top 4. Ceci needed that veteran puck mover to help him out and take a load off his shoulders and this does exactly that.

And Phaneuf-Karlsson on the powerplay gives EK a legit one timer option. I can see his scoring rate go up even more now

Cameron forced Murray to make this trade so he wouldn't have to play Hoffman on PP1:sarcasm:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
HFSens posters yesterday: "Why is everyone complaining that the budget is the problem when we've sunk so much money into plugs like Cowen, Greening and Michalek, and we could be using that money on a legit #2 defenceman who plays the left side?!? :rant:"

HFSens posters today: "I... uh... Hm. Ok then."

:laugh::handclap:
A+ post would read again.

Please subscribe me to your newsletter

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
HFSens posters yesterday: "Why is everyone complaining that the budget is the problem when we've sunk so much money into plugs like Cowen, Greening and Michalek, and we could be using that money on a legit #2 defenceman who plays the left side?!? :rant:"

HFSens posters today: "I... uh... Hm. Ok then."

Not sure what you expect? Its an internet forum where for the most part people can express themselves freely with no identity.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
I've been so annoyed by the way that this team has had a glaring problem on the blue line with no internal solution that I've really paid limited attention this season. Nice to see something done about it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Holy dicks, this trade is all kinds of crazy and I love everything about it.

Not even mad that Michalek is gone. We finally have a legit top-2 defenceman on the left side. This fixes SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW, and basically does so at the cost of a #3 winger, a 2nd rounder (whatever), a B-prospect, and two contracts so bad they have cinderblocks tied around their ankles.

Yeah, Phaneuf's contract isn't ideal, but we're sending away Cowen's $4.5mil and Greening's $3.2mil... I mean, right there, saving all that money makes Phaneuf's contract so much easier to swallow.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
AssetImage

I've had a massive crush on her since grade 5 with popular mechanics for kids.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Has anyone looked at the money involved in the deal?
I actually don't know what all the contracts look like involved.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Karlsson is pretty sad at Michalek leaving. Quite emotional actually it seems on the radio. But excited to get Phaneuf.

"It will shake things up and hopefully make things better."

They were really tight. I think Milo was Karlsson's closest friend on the roster.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Spezza's kid in my nephews montessori school. Trades. Michalek's kid in my nephews montessori school. Traded.

I hope Phaneuf has an under 4 year old. Maybe I will meet Elisha Cuthbert.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
They were really tight. I think Milo was Karlsson's closest friend on the roster.

Oh. So basically if you want to stay on the Sens... don't make friends with EK.

How many friends is that we have traded away now?
The Great Dane. Silfver Surfer. 9MM.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
First trade silfverberg
Then trade lehner
Then trade lindberg

Its like bm follows me on social media just to stab my heart

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Why am I so excited about this deal, it's only Phaneuf....

So what do the Murray haters have to say now?

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
In the last two major trades the Leafs made, they jettisoned the two most overrated players in the NHL: Kessel and Phaneuf.

What in the world was Ottawa thinking? Phaneuf will not help the Senators. Good luck Sens. You're going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad