Confirmed with Link: BLOCKBUSTER: Phaneuf to Ottawa in 9 Player Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Top 4 D being payed like top 1/2 D.

As much as Phaneuf makes too much I'd much rather pay him too much and get a guy to play top 4 than have Cowen sitting in the box at 3.7mil and greening in the ahl at 2.75 mil.

I'm happy with this. Sad to see Michalek go but he's been injured a lot the last two years.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Can't believe this happened. He is a serviceable defenseman and we moved a few contracts we never thought we would so gentlemen's clap for Murray on that. Lindberg and a 2nd are a little tough to swallow because our drafting is so strong but Toronto wouldn't have given him up for absolutely nothing.

Honestly just happy we got rid of some anchor contracts for just 1 big contract.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
What a killer trade. Give up very little and get a legit top 4 defenceman.

Amazing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seems like a win-win boys!

We love it!

Can you give us the low-down on the other names?

Any Leaf fan for that matter?

Losing Lindberg hurts. He was the guy I had big hopes for even though his AHL start has been a bit rough.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't want to see Milo playing in the blue and white... hope they flip him to a playoff team

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Murray was looking for a Top 4 to complement Karlsson-Methot-Ceci.

Phaneuf is a big upgrade from any of the other 3 guys.

Sucks we had to give up Michalek. Unsurprisingly we had to give up a prospect and a pick. The Leafs can just give Greening/Cowen a shot and drop them if it doesn't work out - something we can't quite afford to do.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Losing Lindberg hurts. He was the guy I had big hopes for even though his AHL start has been a bit rough.

Seems to help Bingo as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Honestly just happy we got rid of some anchor contracts for just 1 big contract.

Yeah, Murray vanquished all three contracts in one swift stroke to get a top 4 guy.

162395-10895-grand-moff-tarkin.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Honestly, none of the other guys you are getting will have an NHL future.

Bailey could turn into a decent 4th liner.

Matt Frattin could play in your bottom 6, but he really shouldn't. He's not good.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, none of the other guys you are getting will have an NHL future.

Bailey could turn into a decent 4th liner.

Matt Frattin could play in your bottom 6, but he really shouldn't. He's not good.

That's what I figured, just curious.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
not overly happy about Michalek going but he hasn't been healthy. Other then that it's a bunch of meh

Kind of how I feel too. I've always liked Michalek and what he brings, i think he's more valuable then a lot of people seem to have thought lately, but he's injured half the time.

Besides, the Senators biggest hole was clearly on defense, and for all his Warts, Phaneuf is a legit, big name top 4 defenseman.

This trade makes Ottawa look a whole lot better. They get a legit tp 4 defenseman, didn't have to give up a 1st round pick or any of their top prospects.

Great trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad