Player Discussion: Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
wait, Wheeler’s had Covid for the past three seasons, no wonder he has looked tired, slow and anemic on the ice all that time!

No one else mention that he’s already 35 and his best before date passed a few years ago!
I think Wheeler can still help the team but not on the 1st line and not the 1st PP.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
so wheeler plays top-line/pp1 with broken ribs, now with covid (top PK guy additionally), guy is an animal.

COVID protocol does not mean he has COVID. He could've come in close contact with a confirmed case, or he could've woken up with a runny nose and had to get tested. It covers a wide variety of topics.

Though, I won't let facts get in the way of a dig on Wheeler.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So he's out at minimum 10 days so that means he isn't available until the game against San Josw on the 30th.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
This is ugly news, and I’m sorry to hear it. Wheeler is fully vaccinated, a top-level athlete and a fitness freak, so hopefully he weathers it well and avoids serious or long-C complications, and his family also.

Expecting him back in fighting form in 10 days.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
This is ugly news, and I’m sorry to hear it. Wheeler is fully vaccinated, a top-level athlete and a fitness freak, so hopefully he weathers it well and avoids serious or long-C complications, and his family also.

Expecting him back in fighting form in 10 days.
Goes to show you how careful we all still gotta be.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
In terms of the other players they aren't out of the woods yet, might take a few days for their symptoms to show up or they might not.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Goes to show you how careful we all still gotta be.

Yep. We’re tested regularly and all fully-vaxed (or out) and PPE’d, and we still have clinical and non-frontline staff getting infected, and the next variant coming looks as bad or worse. None of those cases have been serious as yet though, so the protection afforded is crucial.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think Wheeler can still help the team but not on the 1st line and not the 1st PP.
You might be able to say he's not a first liner on this team but we were 7th on the pp last year and Wheeler had a big hand in that.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You might be able to say he's not a first liner on this team but we were 7th on the pp last year and Wheeler had a big hand in that.
Jets powerplay with Wheeler on the ice last season:
149:01 minutes, GF/60: 7.25, xGF/60: 6.17

Jets powerplay without Wheeler last season:
130:34 minutes, GF/60: 8.73, xGF/60: 7.44

The Jets powerplay was more effective without Wheeler than with him last season.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Breakthrough cases are rare I have read and even then most dangerous for 60+ age groups with significant comorbidity issues.

active-covid-19-cases-by-vaccination-status-in-manitoba-oct-19-2021.jpg

Not exactly rare, but much less common per capita than among the unvaccinated. Importantly, cases among the fully vaccinated are are less severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad