Player Discussion: Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Wheeler demanded to play last season with cracked ribs which was a detriment to the team's performance. He continually uses his leverage as a personal friend of the managing owner for the benefit of himself and his clique. A great example of that is Morrissey playing on power-play one last season and now on power-play two. There is no justification in his play for that. Maurice is a very weak coach which allows Wheeler and his boys to usually get their way.
You have a link to this f***ing bullshit or are you just running your mouth?

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
you have to admit, and wheeler himself has admitted, his presence as captain and player has had a profound affect in the dressing room and some players and not exactly in a positive manner. His comments about younger players and atitude directed towards them hasn't been one of a leader but more of a bully.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

I heard Cole Perfetti knew someone with Covid and paid them to follow Wheeler around the city and stand extremely close to him whenever possible - at the grocery store, hardware store, restaurant - in the hopes he would contract COVID. Mission accomplished! Cole will now get his top - 6 minutes!:sarcasm:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
You have a link to this f***ing bullshit or are you just running your mouth?

if the medical staff and pomo knew this and still let him play who is at fault then.....is this about wheeler being a martyr or doing what is best for the team

Reactions: TEH FIRST NOEL

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
if the medical staff and pomo knew this and still let him play who is at fault then.....is this about wheeler being a martyr or doing what is best for the team

Who is saying that anyone "knew" about Wheeler/Covid and played anyways? This looks like more rumor mongering to throw shade at Wheeler. Why would you even insinuate this unless you have proof to back it up?

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Who is saying that anyone "knew" about Wheeler/Covid and let him play? This looks like more rumor mongering to throw hate at Wheeler. Why would you even insinuate this unless you have proof to back it up?

if he didnt say anything as you are trying to insinuate, to anyone .....doesnt that seems to be a pretty selfish attitude, who is he really thinking of...does think that if he isnt playing no one else is a s good as he is to be able to replace him while he is recuperating.

what prove do u have that he did not.....didn 't pomo allude to that he was aware of an issue when he stated something to the effect "if people knew what he was going thru, they would be ashamed of their comments"(paraphrasing) in a presser

I aint referencing covid!!!!............!remember last season!!!!!

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Yes, you're missing that breakthrough cases happen, and that we should mitigate the risk of it spreading through the team. It's not a big deal. :dunno:
I still think he is hurt in some way shape or form. Eye ball test. If he is 100% and playing like that we have a bigger problem.

To say he was playing poor because he was tired from covid is ridiculous. Blue coloured glasses with that statement.

watch the Jets kick ass without old man now, lol

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I still think he is hurt in some way shape or form. Eye ball test. If he is 100% and playing like that we have a bigger problem.

To say he was playing poor because he was tired from covid is ridiculous. Blue coloured glasses with that statement.

who is exactly saying that

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yes, you're missing that breakthrough cases happen, and that we should mitigate the risk of it spreading through the team. It's not a big deal. :dunno:

Breakthrough cases are rare I have read and even then most dangerous for 60+ age groups with significant comorbidity issues.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Aavco summed things up on Twitter (Wheeler is either symptomatic and tested positive or waiting for results, asymptomatic and tested positive, or has a close contact who's positive and he's awaiting his own test results):

It could be nothing at all. Hopefully that's the case...

(Edit: slotting in Nash on PP1 seems to suggest that management thinks this is probably nothing)

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Aavco summed things up on Twitter (Wheeler is either symptomatic and tested positive or waiting for results, asymptomatic and tested positive, or has a close contact who's positive and he's awaiting his own test results):

It could be nothing at all. Hopefully that's the case...

(Edit: slotting in Nash on PP1 seems to suggest that management thinks this is probably nothing)

Or it might mean that management are idiots. :naughty:

Reactions: JetsFan815

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
if he didnt say anything as you are trying to insinuate, to anyone .....doesnt that seems to be a pretty selfish attitude, who is he really thinking of...does think that if he isnt playing no one else is a s good as he is to be able to replace him while he is recuperating.

what prove do u have that he did not.....didn 't pomo allude to that he was aware of an issue when he stated something to the effect "if people knew what he was going thru, they would be ashamed of their comments"(paraphrasing) in a presser

I aint referencing covid!!!!............!remember last season!!!!!

You can't make a wild accusation and then ask people to prove you wrong. Life doesn't work that way. We have an entire justice system that's been around for centuries that goes against that type of thinking.

A player doesn't have ultimate control over whether they are or not. Doctors are involved, coaches, GMs. You can't just say he decided himself that he was going to play and tell everyone to prove you wrong. I could just as easily say Connor Hellebuyck would not have won the Vezina without Wheeler's strong leadership. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I started my post with "IF" he has Covid that would definitely explain why he looked tired out there, "IF". I know people that have gotten Covid and playing NHL hockey would be kind of tough.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I started my post with "IF" he has Covid that would definitely explain why he looked tired out there, "IF". I know people that have gotten Covid and playing NHL hockey would be kind of tough.

wait, Wheeler’s had Covid for the past three seasons, no wonder he has looked tired, slow and anemic on the ice all that time!

No one else mention that he’s already 35 and his best before date passed a few years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad