Player Discussion: Blake Coleman

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
At this point he reminds me a bit of Point his rookie season from the simple fact of he can't buy a goal. I recall Point had a good number of chances and couldn't get one to go in. Eventually it happened.

I'm not comparing his game to Point's but based on the chances he's had he should have a goal for us now. I am hoping it's bad luck---but he sure does seem to shoot it right at the GK's chest alot.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i like coleman unfortunately we are not running same lines and is NO great chemistry and that is bothersome right now

also fact that no one can seem to put the puck in net we got issues... we need a lot more then a power play to work this out....we getting chances someone a few of them would be nice to see go on little streaks:)

again want palat with johnson desperately as usual.... id like coleman on top line a bit myself see if kuch's passes can get him going

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Considering we gave up a 1st for him at some point you have to expect a bit more out of him than 'hard play'.
We may have overpaid, but we didn't bring him in for scoring.

We brought him in for tenacity and to be hard to play against. Hopefully he finds some timely goals.

Reactions: Danythegod

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
We may have overpaid, but we didn't bring him in for scoring.

We brought him in for tenacity and to be hard to play against. Hopefully he finds some timely goals.
Exactly this. He was a scorer in NJD because they had nobody. He can focus on his real game Like shutting down the opponent and being a pest. Scoring will eventually come

Reactions: PJ817

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's been great so far today. First time I can really say that about him. Tenacious and tough as **** to play against. I don't even mind the penalty. Got his money's worth, at least.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's been great so far today. First time I can really say that about him. Tenacious and tough as **** to play against. I don't even mind the penalty. Got his money's worth, at least.
He was like “yeeee-haw!”

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He was brought in for tenacity, yes. He was also brought in because Coleman had scored 20+ goals. Scoring depth in the playoffs is needed.

He needs to produce or it’s a bad trade. Period

Reactions: Hoek

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He is crap. Someone has to score on a bad team and he was just the beneficiary.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He's been really meh so far. Goodrow has looked better of the two but it's not saying much. I'm really glad we gave up two firsts for these plugs.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We really need some depth players to step up with STammer and Hedman being hurt again for another playoff run. It sucks for them as individuals and the team.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've about given up on Coleman. His play away from the puck is great don't get me wrong. But Jesus Christ even Ryan Callahan managed to be more productive even by accident.

Absolutely not worth what we paid for him

Reactions: Shoresy Snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad