Player Discussion: Blake Coleman

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Hasn't played a single game with us yet, but I already really like him.
I love skilled, heart and soul players.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Not only he has Cirelli's heart and compete. He also got Cirelli's defensive abilities.

I can't believe we're about to see the Lightning play with Cirelli and his clone. That's a f*cking cheat code
He’s also faster then Cirelli.

I guess the knock would be less playmaking ability?

anyways here we go!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A Cirelli clone type should be a great addition!

Looking forward to seeing how he does tonight. Even though I'll have to watch it on replay tomorrow because 5:30 am comes too damn early when you have to try and teach teenagers for an entire school day. :(

P.S. Will hopefully get to use the seldom seen :pickle: emoji when he scores. :DD

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
so anyway his wife 9 months pregnant came to tampa today and was with stamkos wife

to me this a huge deal cause know their plan a few days ago was to have child in new jersey

to me this shows total class by tampa as the organization in making them feel as comfortable as possible...

classy move imho

other thing cooper dont show emotion much he already loves this guy imho

Reactions: PJ817 and DaBolts

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
He looked good but in my opinion I still think we way overpaid. That price is something I’d be comfortable giving up for a top 2 line player on a short deal.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea I liked the spark he gave us. There were a few times where he just jumped a play so fast and was like who the hell was that and then Coleman came flying down with an opportunity. Nice to have him!

Reactions: NatoGhost

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
For all the doubters out there about Coleman trade, my question is who in the Bolts prospect pool is capable of providing the impact of Coleman in the next few years? Im sorry but other than Stephens, I really dont see many prospects with Coleman's overall skill set. Coleman for the next 1+ year will give this team a huge boost in energy, skill and tenacity! These players are more valuable than just a generic scoring forward who can get you 25 to 30 goals but contribute little else. Combine these facts with Coleman being on a contract that pays him under $2mil and giving up 2 low first round picks is a no brainer to me. Only quibble is not giving up our own first instead of the Vancouver first but the moment Coleman makes a great play in the playoffs, that will be long forgotten!

Reactions: DaBolts

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Chances of us retaining this guy in the future?
Still quite too early to say, a lot depends on this summers re-signings and trades.
But normally the Yzerman procedure was to extend players he traded for.
We'll see how this plays out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad