Player Discussion: Blake Coleman

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the trade was more about next year -- having Coleman to replace Killorn. But he looks like he's struggling with the system. He doesn't look nearly as fast, to me, as NJ fans had him. Decent speed, but that's it: decent. And only in straight lines.

I thought he had a good game vs. Boston. But overall I get less and less optimistic that he's going to fit here.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It feels like he is shy on the ice,like he thinks "ok,this team have big guys,im not so good as them" and he doesnt feel like its up to him to mAke result.also it seems like hes been told that he was brought to the team cuz he is good checker,he need to hit other guys,and this is his primal role here,to hit,run and make opponents tired. Thats why hes scared or confused and cant play his game. But this is the onlu thing i am dissapointed with, he is playing great,i havent seen game vs Philly,but against Boston he was really good. He needs to feel like he can be gamechanger,like team results depends on him and his scoring and he needs to relax and just play offensive game like he did in NJ,cuz gis defensive game and phase game is good :)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Coleman earned his keep, he was a force on the forecheck. BB went out and brought some much needed sandpaper and toughness as Babcock would say. Old school hockey players approve of this message.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Everything away from the puck was great but man did this guy blow so many plays yesterday.

Reactions: Hoek

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Coleman earned his keep, he was a force on the forecheck. BB went out and brought some much needed sandpaper and toughness as Babcock would say. Old school hockey players approve of this message.
Reading through some of those "how to fix the leafs" threads and there were so many responses about how they would need to overpay or lose a trade on paper to add some top-9 forwards with grit to their lineup. Results TBD, but couldn't help but feel like it sounded awfully familiar, haha.

Reactions: Hoek

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Reading through some of those "how to fix the leafs" threads and there were so many responses about how they would need to overpay or lose a trade on paper to add some top-9 forwards with grit to their lineup. Results TBD, but couldn't help but feel like it sounded awfully familiar, haha.
When is the last team that won a cup without a guy to dish out the thunder and crash the net? I will wait. WE added Maroon,Goodrow, Coleman, and BOGO specifically to address this.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

He's terrific in a lot of ways. Good penalty killer, good speed, 2nd or 3rd on the team in hits this postseason, him and Stephens are the only 2 guys on the team to not have a give away in the playoffs, great forechecker and defender without the puck. He's got a lot going for him. Just can't find a way to make offense work for him. And boy could we use some offense right now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He's terrific in a lot of ways. Good penalty killer, good speed, 2nd or 3rd on the team in hits this postseason, him and Stephens are the only 2 guys on the team to not have a give away in the playoffs, great forechecker and defender without the puck. He's got a lot going for him. Just can't find a way to make offense work for him. And boy could we use some offense right now.
We need depth scoring in general right now

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Love this guy... I hope at the end of next season he resigns with us. Love goody too. Great pick ups JBB!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Coleman is good for what his price is right now, when this guy gets his raise he will not be worth it. Coleman has not made big money yet in the league and will definitely cash in once his time is over in Tampa. I would rather give up another 2 firsts, find another cheap Coleman type player on a bargain than to re-sign him at more than double the price at age 30.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Coleman is good for what his price is right now, when this guy gets his raise he will not be worth it. Coleman has not made big money yet in the league and will definitely cash in once his time is over in Tampa. I would rather give up another 2 firsts, find another cheap Coleman type player on a bargain than to re-sign him at more than double the price at age 30.
Rolling window, baby. Blake, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->