Confirmed with Link: Blackwood to SJ for 2023 6th Rd Pick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I am surprised anyone wants to trade for him knowing they'll have to pay anything close to his qualifying offer, but I don't think San Jose cares at all about being good next year.

And the fact that if he went UFA, there probably would have been at least one or two teams better than San Jose that would have signed him for $1.5 million for one year and he may not have wanted to go to San Jose if a couple of better teams wanted to sign him on the market.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
At the rate the Devils are drafting, they just replaced the first round pick they traded for Meier this year. Smart move by Fitzgerald.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He is gone!! Good riddance!!!!!

Even my GF and her friend knew how shit Mack was after their 2 first Devils game last season ever :laugh:
Do you need us to send you more bourbon, Twinkies, bullets, cowboy boots, pickup trucks, and fatty processed foods or can you get all that back in Finland now?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
CapFriendly says we have our 5th. They have 7 picks listed for us in total. With potentially more to come with Yegor and Graves, that leaves Fitz with lots of room to move around at the draft.
Forgot to list the 5th! Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It's just a fairly standard deal for a goalie with NHL experience. The Devils traded a 7th for Louis Domingue and Nate Schnarr (who was about equivalent to a 7th round pick) for Andrew Hammond.

They traded a conditional 7th for Domingue, and I don't think Nate Schnarr is worth a 7th round pick.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe he's a nice guy, I don't know.

Never had a problem with him as a person, just his inability to adequately play the position at the NHL level.

His February of 2020 was possibly the best calendar month of goaltending in Devils history or at least one of the best. Think he went 6-0-1 and was like a .965% or something and actually fooled some people into believing that Nas may not be a bad NHL head coach and may even have the interim tag lifted for all the winning (lol) after Hynes was fired lol. We very rarely got any wins that year for the longest time with any other goalie that wasn't him. I think we had one win in the 2019 part of the 2019-2020 season without Blackwood and it was Domingue against the historically bad Red Wings.

And his one loss that month I think came on leap day on February 29th and it was like a 2-1 OT loss to LA.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Maybe he's a nice guy, I don't know.

Never had a problem with him as a person, just his inability to adequately play the position at the NHL level.

His February of 2020 was possibly the best calendar month of goaltending in Devils history or at least one of the best. Think he went 6-0-1 and was like a .965% or something and actually fooled some people into believing that Nas may not be a bad NHL head coach and may even have the interim tag lifted for all the winning (lol) after Hynes was fired lol. We very rarely got any wins that year for the longest time with any other goalie that wasn't him. I think we had one win in the 2019 part of the 2019-2020 season without Blackwood and it was Domingue against the historically bad Red Wings.

And his one loss that month I think came on leap day on February 29th and it was like a 2-1 OT loss to LA.
They were tired of his antics, many in the origination were happy to see him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad