Confirmed with Link: Blackwood to SJ for 2023 6th Rd Pick

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
he's an RFA, isn't he? i'm assuming they'll qualify and use, so i figured maybe we'd get more. but injuries and his QO make it understandable

AHL depth would've been cool in addition to the 6th, i mean god damn we gave em a nice mukhamadullin
They shouldn't qualify Blackwood.

As a comp, look at Samsonov. Not qualified and signed for $1.8 last year. If that was the market, I don't see how anyone signs Blackwood at $3.4.

But, GMs are weird, so who knows?

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Good job by fitz to turn two players(Blackwood and severson) who are walking to free agency into a 3rd and 6th

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Devils weren’t going to qualify Blackwood so getting anything back was good.

A 6th round pick is worth so little that this is a decent enough gamble by SJ to see if they can reset Blackwood’s career.
Exactly. A 6th round pick is essentially useless. Everyone loves to point to Bratt, but many years you could have all 32 6th round picks and still not get an NHLer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This feels like getting rid of a massive headache and feeling good again.
I thought you'd be a little more annoyed they dumped him on the Sharks lol...just like when we fired Pete and he popped right back up at San Jose you nearly combusted then :)

Well just saw your post in the other thread...I get it.

Last edited:

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
you-crazy-son-of-a-bitch.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Somebody do a wellness check on @Bleedred. After all those posts telling us Blackwood was really a .920 goalie and that he was bouncing back, I'm worried he may be so depressed with this trade he's a danger to himself and others. Didn't Bleed advocate for a full 8 year extension for Blackwood at whatever AAV it took to make sure NJ kept him?

OK, I think that will be it until Blackwood does something noteworthy next season. Or, if Bleed responds with low hanging fruit I reserve the right to amuse myself.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought you'd be a little more annoyed they dumped him on the Sharks lol...just like when we fired Pete and he popped right back up at San Jose you nearly combusted then :)

Well just saw your post in the other thread...I get it.
The worst was when they signed a very old and bad Zubrus a couple of months after the season started, where we bought him out but had him on the cap for the entire year because of the 35+ rule that existed back then.

And Pete had him playing with Joe Pavelski for a couple of weeks lol.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
In all actual seriousness, it's a shame he flamed out in the manner that he did here. There was that brief stretch where he really seemed like he could become something. He was a small bright spot when he came in as a rookie during those final bad years.

It's ironic that after he got COVID the first time and was out for that stretch of time, he never came close to replicating that performance for a prolonged period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad