Confirmed with Link: Blackwood to SJ for 2023 6th Rd Pick

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I think your odds are low actually. It’s less likely than that.
Exactly. Just because someone previously won the powerball doesn't make an individual powerball ticket valuable.

Fine that the Devils got an asset back, but the Fitzmagic memes acting like he pulled a heist should be kept in the drawer.

Reactions: Bosskarelli

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hope he can get his career back on track. Just glad we are moving on from him and got another draft pick. Hopefully it's for 2023 because we are losing alot of players this year it seems. Fitzgerald is cleaning house on certain underwhelming players.

Reactions: My3Sons

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Bratt's odds of becoming a star in his draft year were 4%, so it was about 4 times more than 1 in 100.

Regardless, it's like winning the lottery or a 50/50 raffle and then thinking your odds are higher of winning every subsequent time just because it magically hit once.

Reactions: My3Sons

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Exactly. Just because someone previously won the powerball doesn't make an individual powerball ticket valuable.

Fine that the Devils got an asset back, but the Fitzmagic memes acting like he pulled a heist should be kept in the drawer.
i think you’re taking this way too seriously. everyone is aware that late round picks are lotto tickets, but we’re having fun with the fact that we got rid of someone no one liked and touting our recent late round drafting prowess

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Getting a 6th for a guy who wasn't going to get QO'd is solid business regardless.
It's just a fairly standard deal for a goalie with NHL experience. The Devils traded a 7th for Louis Domingue and Nate Schnarr (who was about equivalent to a 7th round pick) for Andrew Hammond.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
giphy.gif

Really the one reason I came into this thread.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's just a fairly standard deal for a goalie with NHL experience. The Devils traded a 7th for Louis Domingue and Nate Schnarr (who was about equivalent to a 7th round pick) for Andrew Hammond.
The options available to NJ were 1) No QO and get nothing, or 2) get a 6th back.

Fitz did the latter. It's not some amazing trade, just smart business.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Bratt's odds of becoming a star in his draft year were 4%, so it was about 4 times more than 1 in 100.

Regardless, it's like winning the lottery or a 50/50 raffle and then thinking your odds are higher of winning every subsequent time just because it magically hit once.
Except we weren’t talking about the odds of Bratt meeting Bader’s star threshold lol. Bratt has been producing well over that threshold the last couple seasons. So even if you want to rely on a model like such for the odds Bratt has surpassed that 57 point per season threshold used and therefore had a much less than 4% chance of being what he is now.

Also the discussion was less about Bratt specifically and more about 6th round picks. You have a much less than 1 in 100 chance of getting a Bratt level player from a 6th round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwo2

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Getting anything for Blackwood is a win. He clearly wasn’t in the plans for next season, and didn’t have much value around the league.

I’m just glad Fitz didn’t draw this out by qualifying him and then trying to trade him. Clean break, it’s better this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad