TSN: Blackhawks willing to take on bad contracts or facilitate 3 team trades at the deadline

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Even if that is the case, it limits Chicago to expiring or 1.5 year left deals. Really shrinks the universe of cap dump players.
1.5 years, Eriksson, Roussel, V Rask, Komarov.
.5 years, Cogliano, Comeau, Chsisson, Bonino, Bjugstad, Tatar, Rittier,

players that could be moved to make cap room for and an improvement or act as middleman.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
hawks arent taking marginal upgrade players talent wise with terrible contracts off other teams hands as a favor under the guise it helps chicago's roster without asking the other team to pony up big

don't sell us lucic or james neal is a better on ice player than Matthew highmore so we should take him off your hands for a low asking price where we give you a 6th round pick and it's a done deal. you want to move koskinen, neal, lucic, eriksson, it's gonna hurt. bowman needs to also incentivize his owner to cough up millions of dollars for players who might not play

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Maybe Edmonton can hide Neal's contract here.

Then there would be another rash (no pun intended) of equipment allergies hitting the Hawk's locker room, and half of the team goes on LTIR ....

Reactions: Pertti

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Then there would be another rash (no pun intended) of equipment allergies hitting the Hawk's locker room, and half of the team goes on LTIR ....
9c5dbc3c14aa2100-.gif

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Based on the Hawks GM’s statement Neals deal runs a year longer than he would like.
There could be some flexibility as it does end a year before Seabrook’s LTIR.
I’m guessing a high pick(s) would be involved in eating that much money for that much time but I’m not gonna pretend to know how much. Reality dictates that Chicago’s owner is not pretty much eating over 17 million in salary for a 2nd ... and probably not a 1st either.

Reactions: HawkeyTalkMan

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
1.5 years, Eriksson, Roussel, V Rask, Komarov.
.5 years, Cogliano, Comeau, Chsisson, Bonino, Bjugstad, Tatar, Rittier,

players that could be moved to make cap room for and an improvement or act as middleman.
Four guys. One on the Isle that just found cap space with the Lee injury. One off a wild team in a playoff chase.
It’s pretty slim picking. Doubt Vancouver is much of a buyer either. Their season is going nowhere and moving Erickson will be most expense of that list. That costs at least a first from Vancouver. As a non playoff team. I don’t see it n

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Based on the post, I'm assuming the Blackhawks want to act as a third team in a 3 way deal to retain salary, not actually get the player. Using Hall as an example, it would be something like:

Sabres Get: Something
Hawks get: Something and retain on Hall
3rd team gets: Hall

The Hawks are already retaining on two contracts (Saad, Maata) which I believe is the maximum allowed, therefore they would not be able to retain on any other deals until next year. Saad’s contract is over at the end of the current season.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The Hawks are already retaining on two contracts (Saad, Maata) which I believe is the maximum allowed, therefore they would not be able to retain on any other deals until next year. Saad’s contract is over at the end of the current season.
3 is max and Saads is up this year

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB

My post was intended to try and counter a lot of the offers where teams were just dumping players to the Hawks, which I didn't think was their intention.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Koskinen is actually pretty good when he's the back up. He's got a 2.45 GAA and .926 SV% since Smith came back.

I feel like he'd be a decent asset for the Blackhawks if the Oilers retained something like $1.5M. The Hawks can afford him with Lankinen on the cheap whereas the Oilers probably need to lose his contract if they want a #1 goalie.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Koskinen is actually pretty good when he's the back up. He's got a 2.45 GAA and .926 SV% since Smith came back.

I feel like he'd be a decent asset for the Blackhawks if the Oilers retained something like $1.5M. The Hawks can afford him with Lankinen on the cheap whereas the Oilers probably need to lose his contract if they want a #1 goalie.
Ok that’s fair. Then only send a 2nd round pick along with him and we’ll eat his salary and send you Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad