GDT: Blackhawks vs Penguins 7:00 PM (CT) NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Though I'm pretty sure it was noted how Toews never played vs Crosby until the winter classic game and since in matchups because they both missed a game or so

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Sorry, I'm not falling for it. Crow still had to save 40 (many difficult) shots. Our offense is okay. Our defense sucks beyond description. 1 game does not change my mind.

That said, good win.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sorry, I'm not falling for it. Crow still had to save 40 (many difficult) shots. Our offense is okay. Our defense sucks beyond description. 1 game does not change my mind.

That said, good win.
No one here is saying we're making a playoff run. But it was a fun game and a couple kids looked good. We'll take any win we can get at this point.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m really hoping Dahlstrom can stick with the big club. If he can, the Hawks have a logjam at D. It’ll st the very least force Manning out of the lineup.

Manning and Seabrook played the least amount of minutes. Hopefully JC has come to his senses. Need to get Seabs off the powerplay next. And no I don’t care if he scored a goal on it today.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
wow !! i missed the 3rd period and it sounder like a great period. now this is the Bhawks i envision all yr long.

the mistakes where really minor ones, it look as the WHOLE team decided to come out and play. really no miss assignments that i saw in the first 2 periods. looked as 3 lines got all the scoring done.

excellent win !!!! :dm::grinch: :yo: :cheers: :clap:

Reactions: AmericanDream

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I never understood how a player should get a minus when their team pulls the goalie...you don't get a minus on a power play goal against, but with no goalie in net you get a minus...makes no sense to me...

Malkin a -4 by the way....puke...

Looks good on Malkin as I dislike him (Shrek looking MotherF@#&*er lol). Funny that the Pens are having goalie injuries problems, blame Malkin for taking Crawford out for over half a season (Karma).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kane out for 5-10 games won’t hurt, this team is loaded... with tankers. That will bring us closer to first overall odds.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’ve been thinking about it, wanted to see what the turnout ends up being. I’ve already met the main people a few times, would go if there are some new people. Maybe we’ve got something here, lol.

Kaner's Bald Spot is a new person coming. Couple others maybe, too. Then the usuals.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
man i love when toews plays like he did last night. so fun to watch. perlini showed some of that speed we had heard about. get dahlstrom some more minutes. overall good win and love toews stacking a few points in the process.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The DeBrincat-Strome-Kane line was on the ice 5v5 for about 17:30 last night according to Natural Stat Trick.

They had an 83% offensive zone shift start rate, and a 71% offensive zone faceoff rate. Their Corsi hovered around 45-47%.

This line seems like a work in progress, but is starting to look better than they did the first time they were put together.

I think Colliton should let this line continue to build chemistry. Strome is playing like the type of center you want with Kane in the offensive zone, and hopefully his defense continues to improve to cover for Kane.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
if we had a bottom 6 that could chip in points on the regular we would be able to compete. toews kane debrincat etc will get theirs

edit.....hell maybe strome too!

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The Saad-Toews-Kahun line was together at 5v5 for about 14 minutes last night. Their Corsi hovered around 48% and they gave up five high danger chances while creating one. They scored one goal, and allowed zero.

They had a 40% offensive zone start rate, and a 33% offensive zone faceoff rate.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Colliton sheltered the f*** out of Manning-Seabrook.

About 10:30 together at 5v5 and and 86% offensive zone faceoff start rate. Even with that, the pairing allowed two goals and three high danger chances while creating zero.

Contrast that with Dahlstrom-Murphy. 16:10 together at 5v5 and a 17% offensive zone faceoff rate. Two high danger chances allowed, two created. No goals allowed.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Colliton sheltered the **** out of Manning-Seabrook.

About 10:30 together at 5v5 and and 86% offensive zone faceoff start rate. Even with that, the pairing allowed two goals and three high danger chances while creating zero.

Contrast that with Dahlstrom-Murphy. 16:10 together at 5v5 and a 17% offensive zone faceoff rate. Two high danger chances allowed, two created. No goals allowed.
So this basically confirms what we all already know, i.e. Manning and Seabrook are hot garbage.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Glad I was wrong.

Debrincat's goal? Me-ow!

And WTF is it with Seabrook scoring own goals while playing against the Pens? I swear Crawford had that look of, "Again!?"

Good result, but baby steps, this was 1 win out of a ton of losses and our D is still a trainwreck.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Glad I was wrong.

Debrincat's goal? Me-ow!

And WTF is it with Seabrook scoring own goals while playing against the Pens? I swear Crawford had that look of, "Again!?"

Good result, but baby steps, this was 1 win out of a ton of losses and our D is still a trainwreck.

At least it was only a 6 chassis train derailment. Instead of the usual 100 chassis freight train derailment. :laugh:

Reactions: LordKOTL

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Haven't seen the game yet but this is good to hear. What did he do to stand out finally?

Thought he used his speed and size well. Low bar to be his best game as a Hawk because he hasn’t been good but you can see the tools (shot, speed given size) to be a good bottom 6 player that could move up the lineup. He’s not good enough to take shifts off though and he needs to simplify and do it consistently to be effective every night and stay in the lineup. I want him to be what Martinsen is but with more skill. Be aggressive on the forecheck, use his size to bang some bodies and win battles and get to the paint. If he does that then no reason he cant be a 15/15 guy at minumum.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Thought he used his speed and size well. Low bar to be his best game as a Hawk because he hasn’t been good but you can see the tools (shot, speed given size) to be a good bottom 6 player that could move up the lineup. He’s not good enough to take shifts off though and he needs to simplify and do it consistently to be effective every night and stay in the lineup. I want him to be what Martinsen is but with more skill. Be aggressive on the forecheck, use his size to bang some bodies and win battles and get to the paint. If he does that then no reason he cant be a 15/15 guy at minumum.
:cheers: in other words back to the basics .....

you are soooo right.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad