GDT: Blackhawks vs Coyotes - 6:00CT, NBCSCH - How About 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I much prefer a Kane line where someone is battling to set up Kane.
Instead we have Kane doing the battle to set up Strome, shift after shift.

So right on the money. Kane's C's gotta him the puck & get net front. Anisimov love him or hate him, had that part down.

Why I think Dach - green as he is still - would work better right now.
But the C gotta be able skate 200ft back too - lot to ask, of even a vet.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
A big factor in the party line's success was AA did the grinding behind & in front of the net.
It's nice that Kane is willing to play hard but the best hands on the team is busy on the boards because his centerman wants to be a soft rover.
That is not smart hockey.

Didn't see this before responding your previous Kane's center comment.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I just don’t see what people like about this kid.
I tried to set aside my feelings about him from last season, but he looks like the same guy

A mystery. Ice Hog highlights he looks more than ready. Gets up here and ... it just doesn't happen for the guy.
Maybe gotta bring his brother w/ him. I'm not kidding. Seems every goal Dylan nets, set up by Tyler. Not even exaggerating either.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wish that would have inspired the team to better play but instead Arizona scored on that power play and we lost. Great that Gilbert stuck up for a teammate like that but the Hawks margin for error is so thin that one goal against probably cost them a win. So tired of this team losing these last 3 years, nothing inspires them and even when they try to pump each other up it backfires.

It won’t be forgotten. Nobody in the organization is upset with Gilbert for what he did. Nobody.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Lehner got beat by a half move and a chip shot. Woof.

If you can't admit that both of those moves are filthy, you're completely blind. Garland scored the same way against Washington to win the SO. Takes skill and guts to pull off something cheeky like that with the game on the line.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you can't admit that both of those moves are filthy, you're completely blind. Garland scored the same way against Washington to win the SO. Takes skill and guts to pull off something cheeky like that with the game on the line.
Sorry, but why the hell is a Yotes fan here?!?

Reactions: hn777

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Arizona fast and relentless puck pursuit...Hawks slow...cannot handle the puck...intermittent 1 and dones...if they can get out of their own zone...Game is tied...but the score flatters the Hawks who look over-matched and incompetent...shots now 44-25...with 2 minutes to go. .. HAWKS trying survive last minute to get to the phoney games and 50/50 chance in not real hockey.

Lehner steals at least 1 point for the Hawks.. Yotes deserved a 2 point win.. so if there is justice Hawks will lose in the shoot-out ...If Hawks lucky enough to win in either of them there is no justice unless you say Lehner deserves the extra point for atleast his competence .

Comment DEL. Late night snark, tacky.

Last edited:

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Hawks were the better team at even strength (more scoring chances for and more even strength goals). Not their fault they couldn't get a whistle to save their ass.

Honestly man, the game wasn't even close in the 3rd period. You can complain about the refs all you want, but the Yotes dominated that 3rd. The hawks weren't the better team. Thinking so will only make you more upset.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Honestly man, the game wasn't even close in the 3rd period. You can complain about the refs all you want, but the Yotes dominated that 3rd. The hawks weren't the better team. Thinking so will only make you more upset.
Here's a tip for you, it's frowned upon to go into the opposing team's GDT, especially after a loss, and talk shit.

Hawks had more scoring chances and high danger chances at even strength tonight. The difference was refs who didn't bother calling numerous shit against Arizona, like boarding on DeBrincat, Chychrun's punch to Kane's head, and a blatant trip on DeBrincat in the final minute of the 2nd.

Your team only won because you happened to get enough powerplays that you were able to tie the game up and get it to a shootout, which Lehner struggles with (1 win out of his last 16). So congrats, I guess....

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
giphy (10).gif

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
How can you be that bad at the shoot out but be amazing during the game? Blows my mind

From a Swedish point of view and coming in peace. This is truly annoying, surprising and frustrating, unfortunately it's now an official thing putting unnecessary pressure on Lehner. If I understand it correctly he had a very good game though (except from the so)? Lehner's father having coached Lundqvist as well and he is good in so's I think.

Also all the quotes, interviews and comments from Lehner are truly entertaining but maybe he should keep his mouth shut sometimes and focus more on his game.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
... Colliton should be fired for his stupidity and for not getting and grit and passion out of his players. The Hawks need a hard nosed coach who will not take any crap off of any of the players. ...

Dude, you been under a rock for the past couple weeks?
#MeToo has come to hockey.
Colitton prolly template for the future - low key, "cerebral," looks cool in glasses.

And before anybuddy jumps down my throat, I don't even watch hockey fights. I understand 'em but don't watch 'em.
That said, Slap Shot is my Gone With The Wind (or whatever the modern day Greatest Movie Ever is ...)
Don't pay me no mind tho, I pay a shrink good money to explain myself to me. ;-)

Reactions: Styles

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint

Hawks had more scoring chances and high-danger scoring chances at even strength tonight against the best team in the Pacific, while missing two of their three LHDs.

I've said this several times here, but refs changed this game. I know that they won't always catch everything, but they missed a few blatant trips and slashes (the trip on Cat at the end of the 2nd was pretty damn apparent), missed Kane getting punched in the back of his head while he had possession, and didn't whistle Demers for boarding Cat in one of the worst parts of the rink to get hit from behind. Bush league.

Point taken. Wouldn't have believed it w/o the chart. Props.
Still, sure seemed like Yotes were living in the Hawks end all night.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Point taken. Wouldn't have believed it w/o the chart. Props.
Still, sure seemed like Yotes were living in the Hawks end all night.
They did, but at even strength, the shots they took were less likely to be good scoring chances, and they also had a million powerplays, which gave them more zone time.

Reactions: d rake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad