GDT: Blackhawks vs Coyotes - 6:00CT, NBCSCH - How About 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Fire the coach because Lehner isn't good at shootouts.

Question if Lehner is a #1 because he's not good at shootouts.

You can't make this **** up. :laugh:

We're 12-12-6

Without the signing of Lehner we're AT LEAST

8-16-6

And getting our ass whooped by a team whose best scorer is Schmaltz.

Coaching isn't a problem here, nothing to see, move on fellas.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Fire the coach because Lehner isn't good at shootouts.

Question if Lehner is a #1 because he's not good at shootouts.

You can't make this **** up. :laugh:
I doubt firing the coach would change anything. But what do they even do at this point? They’re giving up 40+ shots every game but it sounds like the org. thinks they’re a playoff team.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Actually there's more to it, IMO. Lehner is not a reflex goalie. His strength is playing the angles and when the player is allowed time he can change those angles in an instant. Crawford is the same type of netminder and to an extent has the same issues but has adapted better than Lehner.

Lehner has said his issue is that guys can slow down. He's fine on breakaways when guys can't take all the time in the world. The shootout is a different animal. Would love if it just went away. It's so stupid.

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Lehner:

"We had a decent first period, that's about it."

Lehner with a "Stupid Hot Take" ladies and gentleman. Then he talks about structure and how we don't stick to it.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Talk about putting in Crawford for shootouts is nonsensical. Not only would that be an incredibly easy way to get hurt, do you really think any goalie wants to come in cold for a shootout with the game on the line after sitting and doing nothing for 2 1/2 hours? It’s just as unfair to Crawford as it is to Lehner. He’s gotta slay the dragon at some point.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Hate to say it but JC cost us the game.

Not sending out Strome in OT on the PP is a fireable offense.

As is continually not getting his team to play 60 minutes and stapling Dach to the bench in the 3rd.

I’m not sure if other teams have done it, but any game that goes to SO with Lehner in net MUST have Crow come in for SO.

these are precious extra points that they are giving away. At least 3 or 4 so far this season

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We're 12-12-6

Without the signing of Lehner we're AT LEAST

8-16-6

And getting our ass whooped by a team whose best scorer is Schmaltz.

Coaching isn't a problem here, nothing to see, move on fellas.

I doubt firing the coach would change anything. But what do they even do at this point? They’re giving up 40+ shots every game but it sounds like the org. thinks they’re a playoff team.

:huh:

I was just repeating the stupidity that other people said above...

Those aren't my words...

And if anyone thinks either of those things, they have the brain function of a potato.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Bring in Crow next time for shoot outs. Lehner ducking sucks. Won’t matter. No hard feelings

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think "Fire JC" is a bad take at this point. For Colliton's sake too, lol.

Lehner has saved this team from being in the top draft spot, that's it. The roster just isn't nearly that bad even with it's issues.
Firing him for not putting Crow into shootouts cold is more than a bad take. It's arguably one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on here.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
At the end of the day, this outcome wasn’t unexpected.

Lehner was fantastic and the shootout isn’t real hockey.

The team still refuses to shoot the puck

2/3rds of the defense belong in the AHL, so it’s a minor miracle the game got to overtime in the first place.

it may not be real hockey but the points are real. And they matter.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Firing him for not putting Crow into shootouts cold is more than a bad take. It's arguably one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on here.

I just mean in general, but it'd be pretty funny to see Crow warming up before the shootout, lol

The Clean Up man. Unorthodox but a point is a point.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don't think "Fire JC" is a bad take at this point. For Colliton's sake too, lol.

Lehner has saved this team from being in the top draft spot, that's it. The roster just isn't nearly that bad even with it's issues.
The problem with the Fire JC takes is it doesn’t actually solve the multitude of problems the team has.

It’s like there’s a big fire in the other room, and to fix it you close door.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->