Blackhawks refused to report sex abuse of players to the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
He probably wanted to get his recollection of events out there since he's sort of one of the main characters in this whole thing.

Right. Because he doesn't have confidence that they will unless he goes to the media.

Why does it even matter if he doesn't have confidence in the investigation?

Witnesses who don't have confidence in investigations don't feel compelled to cooperate. Why cooperate with a faulty investigation, while risking having one's own character impugned?

Releasing it to the media is a third way - a way that allows him to cooperate, while getting ahead of any attacks on his character.

If those of you really want what you say you want (investigation done systematically,and not played out in the media), you should absolutely prefer the league, or someone truly independent, conducted the investigation as opposed a having it played out in the media because the organization's former employees do not trust it, or the law firm that is representing a client they do not trust. But there's the rub.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I once again go back to asking why, if these people thought more should have been done, they didn't do it themselves? It seems to me all of these individuals were satisfied with Aldrich being fired at the time....

Okay, I'm going to shut up now, because y'all are demonstrating my point far better than I could. Ciao!

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Right. Because he doesn't have confidence that they will unless he goes to the media.

Witnesses who don't have confidence in investigations don't feel compelled to cooperate. Why cooperate with a faulty investigation, while risking having one's own character impugned?

Releasing it to the media is a third way - a way that allows him to cooperate, while getting ahead of any attacks on his character.

If those of you really want what you say you want (investigation done systematically,and not played out in the media), you should absolutely prefer the league, or someone truly independent, conducted the investigation as opposed a having it played out in the media because the organization's former employees do not trust it, or the law firm that is representing a client they do not trust. But there's the rub.

I mean, what are we talking about here?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Okay, I'm going to shut up now, because y'all are demonstrating my point far better than I could. Ciao!

Your point sucks. So...

well-bye-bye.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

In months of investigations and the time that has passed since this came out, not a single person has attacked the character of Vincent. It's just going to randomly happen now? Even though Vincent has been at the forefront of this since day one?

I trust this law firm far more than I trust the league to do it...

The Hawks brought on a fully independent law firm, completely separate from their own lawyers. One which has a stellar, respected, untarnished record, which includes the lead investigator being a former Assistant US Attorney, and that's not independent enough? And those lawyers, who likely make millions of dollars working for said firm, will risk all that, including their licenses to practice law, and their reputations within their profession, by covering up something for the Hawks? Do you think before you type? :facepalm:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
In months of investigations and the time that has passed since this came out, not a single person has attacked the character of Vincent. It's just going to randomly happen now?

The Hawks brought on a fully independent law firm, completely separate from their own lawyers. One which has a stellar, respected, untarnished record, which includes the lead investigator being a former Assistant US Attorney, and that's not independent enough? And those lawyers, who likely make millions of dollars working for said firm, will risk all that, including their licenses to practice law, on covering up something for the Hawks? Do you think before you type? :facepalm:

Everything is a conspiracy nowadays. Stupidity runs rampant.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Am I the one who finds it kind of creepy that the 14 year was described as having a fairly successful nhl career. There’s only a handful of nhl successful 25-26 year old players who played in Chicago at that time and most of us could probably name them. It just seems like an unnecessary addition to Vincent’s story and half seems like a doxxing

Reactions: Brightwing

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
In months of investigations and the time that has passed since this came out, not a single person has attacked the character of Vincent. It's just going to randomly happen now? Even though Vincent has been at the forefront of this since day one?

The Hawks brought on a fully independent law firm, completely separate from their own lawyers. One which has a stellar, respected, untarnished record, which includes the lead investigator being a former Assistant US Attorney, and that's not independent enough? And those lawyers, who likely make millions of dollars working for said firm, will risk all that, including their licenses to practice law, and their reputations within their profession, by covering up something for the Hawks? Do you think before you type? :facepalm:
Umm… no, they really don’t.

They are a big law firm. They have a reputation for drawing out cases for years.

They just recently started a branch that specializes in sexual assault cases/ investigation.

They are the lawyers you want if you are looking to get paid. Everything else, not so much.

Im sure you didn’t know this.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Umm… no, they really don’t.

They are a big law firm. They have a reputation for drawing out cases for years.

They just recently started a branch that specializes in sexual assault cases/ investigation.

They are the lawyers you want if you are looking to get paid. Everything else, not so much.

Im sure you didn’t know this.

Lol. They're lawyers you want if you're looking to get paid... when the Hawks have no monetary gains to be made in all this, huh? They're a highly respected firm across the country, not just in Chicago... but I'm sure you didn't know this.

Jenner & Block LLP | Company Profile | Vault.com

Jenner & Block LLP - The Inside View

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Lol. They're lawyers you want if you're looking to get paid... when the Hawks have no monetary gains to be made in all this, huh? They're a highly respected firm across the country, not just in Chicago... but I'm sure you didn't know this.

Jenner & Block LLP | Company Profile | Vault.com

Jenner & Block LLP - The Inside View
You obviously don’t know how J&B got their reputation.

Where did I say the Hawks were trying to get paid from this?

Im sure you are just in over your head over this situation

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As usual people on mains are using "Hawks provided reference" again ignoring the reporting of Strang and fact no shred of evidence has been brought forward to support claim of 2nd lawsuit

Its rather apparent people have already made up minds based on accusations and dont care how this plays out in court/investigation

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Am I the one who finds it kind of creepy that the 14 year was described as having a fairly successful nhl career. There’s only a handful of nhl successful 25-26 year old players who played in Chicago at that time and most of us could probably name them. It just seems like an unnecessary addition to Vincent’s story and half seems like a doxxing

I agree. And on this very board people doxxed the interns who worked for Aldrich's company linking to their player profiles and people seemed to have no trouble with that.

All the writer had to do is say there was a 14 year old boy staying with him. The detail about him being an NHL player is entirely unwarranted.

Reactions: Pez68 and sharkhawk

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Why don't you enlighten us? Lol.

As usual, you bring nothing of relevance to a discussion.
So…

You don’t know a thing about the law firm, yet want to say how they’re “stellar”?

You posted links, but didn’t google them?

and I’m the one who doesn’t bring relevance to this discussion?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Do you know what “doxxing” means?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So…

You don’t know a thing about the law firm, yet want to say how they’re “stellar”?

You posted links, but didn’t google them?

and I’m the one who doesn’t bring relevance to this discussion?

And you still haven't offered up anything of worth. Of course you wouldn't. Lol.

I've googled and read on them plenty. Everything I've read pretty much heaps high praise on them as a firm. They're considered one of the best litigation firms in the country. They are one of the best pro-bono and social advocate firms in the country.

Care to find something that doesn't speak well of them, and post it for all of us to read? Or will you just continue to be a useless bullshitter, that never offers anything to a discussion, except for maybe some high school level snark?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
And you still haven't offered up anything of worth. Of course you wouldn't. Lol.

I've googled and read on them plenty. Everything I've read pretty much heaps high praise on them. Care to find something that doesn't, and post it for all of us to read? Or will you just continue to be a useless bullshitter, that never offers anything to a discussion, except for maybe some high school level snark?
The Olympic gymnastics team for starters…

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Identifying people on the internet. It seems to me that the player is almost doxxed by identifying them as a nhl player
Posting personal identifying information online.

Nothing written by Westhead identifys anybody. I don’t see a name, address, credit card info, etc in the story.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Olympic gymnastics team for starters…

And? They represent USA Gymnastics, which filed bankruptcy. The firm is hired by a client to do a job. What exactly are they doing? That bankruptcy, FILED BY THE CLIENT, is what put a stay on all the lawsuits brought against USA Gymnastics. That's on USA Gymnastics, not on the law firm that was hired by them to handle a bankruptcy... Did you know USA Gymnastics has racked up like $15 million in legal fees with like 8 different firms, with regards to their bankruptcy and litigation related to lawsuits filed against the NGB? I guess you know all this, though? Since you seem to know everything, but somehow never actually provide anything of any worth to any discussion. You just like to pretend you do. Just like you pretend you're some gaming pro, and a social media influencer. One who goes against EVERYTHING it means to actually be those things, by refusing to ever offer up any of his streaming info to actually prove it. :laugh: Seems to me that YOU might be in a little over your head here. You should doggy paddle back to the shallow end, sport.

This speaks to the dogshit, scumbag organization that USA Gymnastics is, but what does that have to do with a law firm that was hired to do a job? Care to explain? Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad