GDT: Blackhawks @ Jets - BellMTS Place Nov 29, 7PM on TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ugh now I am really worried.

The way that Buff was goofy after that collision and out now? We don't know how bad those symptoms are - probably pretty bad to keep the big guy out.

We need to pray it's not a long term recovery (and of course for Buff's long term well being).

Funny thing, though - injuries like this sometimes end up being the tonic a team needs to turn things around. Maybe they rally around it, play a simpler, smarter defensive game, and Helle wakes the f up?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Ugh now I am really worried.

The way that Buff was goofy after that collision and out now? We don't know how bad those symptoms are - probably pretty bad to keep the big guy out.

We need to pray it's not a long term recovery (and of course for Buff's long term well being).

Funny thing, though - injuries like this sometimes end up being the tonic a team needs to turn things around. Maybe they rally around it, play a simpler, smarter defensive game, and Helle wakes the f up?

The WFP did make mention that Buff was suffering from the flu also, so it might be more related to that than the hit he took.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
AM skate:

Player audio: Schilling, Niku and Scheifele

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Joe Morrow/Dustin Byfuglien. Status of Byfuglien. Pairing of Niku and Schilling. On Schilling’s experience. What are the benefits to Niku being around the team? What has he noticed about the Hawks since the coaching change? On not seeing coach Q on the Hawks bench. What has he thought of Ehlers play defensively since he joined the top line? How would he assess the team’s overall defensively game this season? Would he consider using Morrissey and Trouba as “mentors” for the new guys in the lineup?

Fun fact: This would be Cam Schilling's first regular season NHL game since he played for Caps on March 11, 2015.

To listen click here.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Buff should not have been allowed back on the ice after that hit. Imagine if he took another hit that night.

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This should be a good test for "Can't get worse than Morrow/Myers". Imagine if the Schilling/Niku pairing looks good. Schilling has always looked decent whenever I have watched him in preseason or in the AHL but that's a far cry from the NHL.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know...the mention of the flu by Mo yesterday sounded totally like ass-covering to me. He had been asked about the fact that Buff was allowed back in the game after the hit but then held out of practice yesterday and Mo's response was "well it was just a precaution...oh and he has the flu too so theres that." I'm not really buying it.

Reactions: Board Bard

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Myers-Chiarot is going to be worse than Myers-Morrow.

Niku-Schilling will be lucky to get 10 minutes of ice time.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't know...the mention of the flu by Mo yesterday sounded totally like ass-covering to me. He had been asked about the fact that Buff was allowed back in the game after the hit but then held out of practice yesterday and Mo's response was "well it was just a precaution...oh and he has the flu too so theres that." I'm not really buying it.

Buff (and Trouba for that matter) missed practice before the Pens game so I would not be surprised if there's a flu going around as well.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
The flu happens when you have a houseful of kids.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Oh boy...sounds like Buff has delayed onset of a concussion. Same as Johnny Football earlier this season.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
My reaction to hearing Niku was in the lineup and then learning that Buff is out and now Myers/Chiarot is our 2nd pairing:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31 and Gm0ney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad