GDT: Blackhawks @ Jets - BellMTS Place Nov 29, 7PM on TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm not very pleased with Maurice's comments on the 4th line yesterday. Basically "here's your 4 minutes per game, going in cold every shift, if you're not scoring I'm not playing you more".

How many goals would anyone on the team get with that sort of ice time?

It's like your parents telling you that you can't go in the water until you learn how to swim :)

The 4th line doesn't look like a liability to me, and it would sure help us to not be exhausted in the 3rd period where we are losing games.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Thanks all for the kind words, had tons of fun creating this thread. The Jets need to play a full 60 minutes or else we will see a lot more games like the one against Pittsburgh. Our 3rd periods have been so inconsistent and it seems we sit back to much and let the other team control the play in the 3rd. There needs to be more urgency especially in the neutral zone, we need to be relentless on the fore check. Helley needs to show up, I understand goalies go through ebbs and flows but right now he has looked awful. He needs to get his confidence back as I believe he is a top tier goalie in this league and not a one year wonder, once we start playing a full 60 minutes I think we will start looking like we did last season where if we had a lead it was a guaranteed win. Go Jets Go!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks all for the kind words, had tons of fun creating this thread. The Jets need to play a full 60 minutes or else we will see a lot more games like the one against Pittsburgh.

Yes, this is bang on. Whoever plays, Helle boy or Croissant, let them exude some serious puck tracking power.

No more third period shyte shows, please.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Very important game for the season or atleast feels that way. The leaders need to show up.

Can't wait to see how the Hawks look in the Dylan Strome era.

Lose this one, esp to a Hawks team in disarray, panic will start to set in... atleast among the fans.

Many fans already seem to be panicked. Have you read the last few PGTs?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It's not often that Central division has weaker teams. Can't miss this opportunity. This is one of those ones you should win

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not panicking yet, but I'm not very pleased right now either. I don't think the team looks as good as it should. I need to see a win tonight, but I also need to see some success against better teams before I'm going to feel like the ship is on any sort of steady course...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Let me guess Hellysuck gets the start?

Give Niku a game to see whether he is better than half the current Jets D like some (most) on HFBoards Jets believe!

Reactions: Tanembaria

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
With Copp injured does that mean that Appleton gets to play?

also this is the BEST GDT I have seen by far! :)
I would love to see a 4th line of Petan/Roslovic/Appleton. They were very successful on the Moose, and I think would do very well matched up against other 4th lines.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This could be a long night with a Chariot Myers second pairing.

Poor Niku that he is playing with Schilling.

Any idea what the forward lines look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad