GDT: Blackhawks @ Hurricanes 6:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH/NHL-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Can we use the rest of this thread to talk about who would have played better than CdH? I'll start:

Kirby Dach, with his wrist folded like an accordion, on D (miss you)
Connor Murphy no matter how broken he is right now
Doug Glatt
(Moose) Elmer Vasko's corpse.:arr:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Of course but don't pretend otherwise.

Who has pretended otherwise? The core point of this season has been to let guys like Boqvist and Mitchell develop (which means not freaking out over their mistakes).

The team being somewhat competitive is just a bonus.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Who has pretended otherwise? The core point of this season has been to let guys like Boqvist and Mitchell develop (which means not freaking out over their mistakes).

The team being somewhat competitive is just a bonus.

Minor quibble: Hawks are massively more competitive than everyone thought they'd be.

Anyone carping over this season (so far), is a lunatic. Not talking about errors or individual plays, but overall results.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I am going to give Boqvist a lot more time, but also gonna be honest- he is not wowing me anywhere near the level of Hughes or Makar. Maybe not exactly fair but he isn't in the same atmosphere of those two right now...plenty of time to get there though...so he will need patience.
He’s not wowing me anywhere near the level of Beaudin or Mitchell.

Reactions: Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Minor quibble: Hawks are massively more competitive than everyone thought they'd be.

Anyone carping over this season (so far), is a lunatic. Not talking about errors or individual plays, but overall results.

Sure, they definitely are so far. That doesn't change the fact that it's still about developing certain guys though.

Bobby is implying that people are claiming the young guys are finished products or something.

Seems like he's just mad people call out the veterans' mistakes, but don't drag the guys who are developing.

That's really the only point I was making.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I am going to give Boqvist a lot more time, but also gonna be honest- he is not wowing me anywhere near the level of Hughes or Makar. Maybe not exactly fair but he isn't in the same atmosphere of those two right now...plenty of time to get there though...so he will need patience.

This is an incredibly high bar. Boqvist hasn't blown the doors off yet, who knows if he ever does. It's not really fair to compare him to those two. Both have shown HOF level talent as defensemen in just their second seasons. Yes, Hughes has to work on his D game. But these two are phenoms.

Personally I think Boqvist ends up as another Klingberg. If that's the case, I'll take it.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Carlsson has been rock solid since he's been up here. Wtf are you talking about? Just because he isn't flashy doesn't mean he is bad.

Yes, I love me some Carlsson. I actually get annoyed thinking he might be the one drawing the short stick when Murphy comes back. He's not flashy, but he does a lot of good things for you that stop the other teams developing momentum.

Smtg we should take notice of with him and Mitchell. For all the flash Beaudin and Boqvist generate from posters... They're also the ones making mistakes more often. Mitchell and Carlsson on other hand are the ones who get played more consistently with bigger minutes. You just don't see glaring oopsies from them. Especially Mitchell, he's a rookie but he sure was damn fast in getting top level minutes. He's so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad