GDT: Blackhawks @ Hurricanes 6:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH/NHL-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Agreed. Especially when the concussion could be partly to blame for his terrible play the last few games.

He has played terribly since about the 4th game of the season. Wasn't it said that he got it in the last few games? What about all those games between?

I feel for the guy having a concussion. It sucks. It's not funny. But I also know why tongue-in-cheek comments are being made about it, and it's because Strome is charmin soft.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He has played terribly since about the 4th game of the season. Wasn't it said that he got it in the last few games? What about all those games between?

I feel for the guy having a concussion. It sucks. It's not funny. But I also know why tongue-in-cheek comments are being made about it, and it's because Strome is charmin soft.

I don’t know if that’s fair. Charmin has some durability to it.

Strome is more like that 1-ply public bathroom stuff.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

He hasnt played great, but i thought his last handful of games were his worst. It wasnt meant to be me saying its the reason he sucks, just that his last few games could have been affected by it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I know like several games back suddenly thr Strome hate train began and I was a bit taken back. I maybe missed or only spot saw a game or 2 but suddenly the Strome trying defensively and at least engaging was suddenly gone and it felt odd to me.

I have zero faith in the NHL and how long a guys been playing though a concussion. Unless a hit shows something that clearly looks like that caused it last game, I wouldn't think it came thenm. And this team with the seem medical staff hasn't been often great there.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It kind of sucks but I would venture the notion that a lot of players keep playing not knowing that they may be experiencing an accumulative effect of many small concussions that eventually begin to show as symptoms .. but leading up to that there is that building lack of ability and or lack of fire to combat. Strome is a softer player sure but my guess is given where he is in protocol that he is perhaps one of these players. It sure is possible and I would rather give a player the benefit of the doubt given they are professionals and love the game.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

f***ing ten ply

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Dallas allowed 52 shots tonight. Guys. Are we in the playoff hunt for real? Like Dallas is rusty and can't afford to play poorly.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You mean the stuff that feels like sandpaper...to bad strome does not have any of that sandpaper to his game.

flip him at the deadline for whatever you can get

Yes, but also the kind where your finger easily pops through.

Kind of like how Strome’s size seems imposing at first, but then you realize he’s just very flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad