GDT: Blackhawks @ Hurricanes 6:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH/NHL-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Carolina dominated, nothing else needs said. Hawks have been playing better than expected and were due for an ass whooping.

Regroup for CBJ and DET before TB stretches us out again.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Quinn Hughes has 20 points and is a -12 in 20 games. That is very hard to do.

I've seen Boqvist creating offense the last two games. It's not his fault he was stuck with D partners that were having a bad game the first two periods.

One thing he has to do is shoot more and I think that will come in time.

You're glossing over his mistakes by blaming others but that's ok. There is plenty of blame to go around especially when Hawks try to play shinny against Carolina. Cept for maybe Zadora/de Haan did they throw a single body check in this game? I've seen womens hockey with more contact.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
They have to get de Haan out of the lineup and go back to 12 F/6D.

Beginning to wonder if Beaudin might get a night off for Kalynuk.
Why not give Lucas Carlsson the night off? I've been following the transactions, and I concluded no moves would be made until they lost. Well, here the Hawks are with a frustrating loss they were tied in going into the third. Isn't this when a team "shakes things up" or "makes a change"?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You're glossing over his mistakes by blaming others but that's ok. There is plenty of blame to go around especially when Hawks try to play shinny against Carolina. Cept for maybe Zadora/de Haan did they throw a single body check in this game? I've seen womens hockey with more contact.
He's a 20 year old defenseman learning his craft at the NHL level. Of course there will be mistakes.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Why not give Lucas Carlsson the night off? I've been following the transactions, and I concluded no moves would be made until they lost. Well, here the Hawks are with a frustrating loss they were tied in going into the third. Isn't this when a team "shakes things up" or "makes a change"?
I forgot Carlsson was playing. I'd rather them play Kalynuk than him. I don't understand how they could possibly have been 1/4 of the way through the season and not play Kalynuk yet, unless they just don't think he's worthy of playing.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

Then the JC detractors would be all over him calling it a "panic" move, with or without more inevitable losses down the road.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Well if De Haan wasn't turning the puck over every time the puck touched his stick, they could play with the puck, instead of having to chase it and get it back. But I digress.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Then the JC detractors would be all over him calling it a "panic" move, with or without more inevitable losses down the road.

No, but seeing 22 skate on the first PP unit sure would raise eyebrows.... and pulling a Q by pulling the goalie with over 3 minutes to play in reg time would also qualify as a panic/dumb move.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Maybe it is the color green I dunno...Those Stars alt jerseys were putrid, the Canes ones tonight brutal, and these Canucks jerseys right now are God awful..they might be the worst of the bunch - holy hell..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I looked at the Florida blowout -2 over Detroit tonight just to see how sloppy Detroit was incomparison to us tonight..

They "only" had 10 giveaways...Hawks had 17 GV agaivat Carolina...

In comparison Florida had just 1 giveaway alk game..just ONE.

We were beyond sloppy.. It bordered on incompetence handkibgvthevpuck under pressure.. The GV stat doesn't even include Faiked Clears which probably wss 4 or 5 times the hive-aways we put up .

It was putrid..it was not acceptable for any NHL team to put up 17 giveaways.

I do not think you can blame the Hawks for lack of effort or for lack of focus...ratger tgey just looked like they did not belong on the sane ice as the Canes who made a statement..Hawks just "couldn't" ...I do not think you can blame youth inexperience...

More experience does not win puck battles,races to loose pucks and retrieving possession od such loose pucks... Ratger there is an ability gap .

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
ummmmm.....Hughes was picked 1 spot ahead of Boqvist...Makar went 4th overall. Let's not make excuses here- those two kids were selected right at the spot as Boqvist-simple as that. I agree with the rest though, they are different types but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be seeing more out of Boqvist right now and that is starting to worry me some. I will be patient and not doubt this kid but he is well below those 2 right now..

going to hold out hope that boqvist issue is his strength and conditioning has to hit another level to take the next step...he lacks the explosive skating that quinn has to win races and boqvist finds himself in more battles he struggles to win because hes not strong enough atm...makar is on a different level from both of them, still wish dim jim would've picked bouchard so we could've landed quinn, but you're right that it would be nice to see boqvist play more like an 8th overall pick in his second year, hawks ran a bhtv earlier in season that made it sound like basically boqvist never trained properly until he turned pro

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Re #27
I expected him to take time to learn how to be an NHL defenseman so my comments aren't reakted to his overall play. I will give him time on that aspect. My comments are are from just watching him specifically.

I don't see any jump, when he has open ice I don't see him skate through it with the puck, make a play and follow the rush. Maybe I am missing it.

Re #74

His turnover that led to a penalty was mentioned. Some said he was double teamed others thought he gave the puck away. IIRC he was chased from behind the net toward the corner. Another Cane was in the corner, 74 tried to get cute and pivot back-forgetting the guy behind him- and put the puck in his feet. Didn't work.

Should have just chipped it up on the glass, but he tried to do too much. A mistake. A mistake I can live with, he will learn.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->