Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks @ Flames - Therapy For Glencross, STAT

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
They gave every thing they had. Respectfully, I don't know what game you were watching.

Im not talking about their game im talking about a specific moment, cmon man I know they gave it all they had.. We seem to be the only team that gives up leads with 10 seconds left in a period christ its been 2-3 times already, you're gona tell me Im delusional here?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Phew...still frustrated that we lost. Have to say though, the Flames played great they should give themselves a pat on the back and take this as a lesson as to how they should play. Kipper....sigh.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Im not talking about their game im talking about a specific moment, cmon man I know they gave it all they had.. We seem to be the only team that gives up leads with 10 seconds left in a period christ its been 2-3 times already, you're gona tell me Im delusional here?

That's just how it goes sometimes, at the end of the day I gotta look at the whole game and the whole effort and say I'm not as pissed off about this one as some of you guys seem to be.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Calgary has literally outplayed their opponents for 70% of this season yet sit with a 1-3-2 record. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Every glaring mistake we make ends up in the back of the net. We have no margin for error whatsoever.
It's just Flames hockey. There is no explanation to be had. Just accept it.

I have a hard time finding it in me to feel bad about this game apart from the obvious, immediate frustration. It was incredibly entertaining and I don't think anyone could ask much more from their team. I just wish we'd play like this more often, and we'd be contending for the President's instead of MacKinnon.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Phew...still frustrated that we lost. Have to say though, the Flames played great they should give themselves a pat on the back and take this as a lesson as to how they should play. Kipper....sigh.

Yea I can't even be that mad we worked the Hawks, I mean we out shoot them 73 (with 26 blocked shots), to 35 shots (16 blocked) Kipper wasn't great but the team was amazing. If we play like this normally we will win.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
F@CK OFF everything

It's just one game. Why you heff to be mad?

The hockey gods weren't kind to the Flames. Or to good ol' number 20.
At least we got a point. If we're going to lose to top 3 team, I'm happy to get away with a point.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I have a lot less anger than I thought that I would.

It was a great game, the Flames dominated the Hawks for nearly a full 60 minutes.

If four posts go in instead of out (or Glencross doesn't have the most unlucky game of his career) we're celebrating.

Pretty much my thought, hard pill to swallow but if the Flames play like that all year they will lock down a playoff spot without question.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
That's just how it goes sometimes, at the end of the day I gotta look at the whole game and the whole effort and say I'm not as pissed off about this one as some of you guys seem to be.

We have every reason to be pissed. This team could easily have a record over .500, They keep losing it late in the game, thats what makes it so frustrating. To watch your team do everything in its will to win and still lose, its disgusting. Id rather get blown out then lose like this, that way I don't get my hopes up for what has been a let down everytime.

We limited arguably the best team in the Western conference to 19 shot... 19 SHOTS, and we can't even get the W? thats what pisses me off. Sure lets just go ahead and say we played good. If we keep it up were gona be dangerous, no were not, we cant ****ing finish.. Getting "close" to winning is not gona push this team into the playoffs.

Sorry for my rant im just really discouraged right now :banghead:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Pretty much my thought, hard pill to swallow but if the Flames play like that all year they will lock down a playoff spot without question.

Agreed. If they can play like this tonight, and if Kipper and our D can play a bit better, they will make the Playoffs.

Here's hoping.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Shots on goal per game - 33.8 (2nd Most in the league)
Shots on goal against per game - 25.0 (2nd least in the league)

Yet we sit 2nd last in the league in points? Shoot me now.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We have every reason to be pissed. This team could easily have a record over .500, They keep losing it late in the game, thats what makes it so frustrating. To watch your team do everything in its will to win and still lose, its disgusting. Id rather get blown out then lose like this, that way I don't get my hopes up for what has been a let down everytime.

We limited arguably the best team in the Western conference to 19 shot... 19 SHOTS, and we can't even get the W? thats what pisses me off. Sure lets just go ahead and say we played good. If we keep it up were gona be dangerous, no were not, we cant ****ing finish.. Getting "close" to winning is not gona push this team into the playoffs.

Sorry for my rant im just really discouraged right now :banghead:

Are you discouraged with the result or the effort? If its the result then its understandable but if they play like that they will win more often then they lose. If its the effort then I have no idea what you were expecting.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Are you discouraged with the result or the effort? If its the result then its understandable but if they play like that they will win more often then they lose. If its the effort then I have no idea what you were expecting.

This was their best effort of the season by far, Im pissed with this horrendus start to the season overall. We better be a good away team because we played already 20% of our home games and came out with just 4 points. Theres only 48 games, if this team is serious about making the playoffs its gona take alot more then just a good effort. We need some W's and we need them now.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
This Flames team is absolutely the most offensively creative one in years. I agree that if they keep playing like this the goals will come (and the wins will come when Kipper gets his act together).

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
The team has generally played hard all year. I'm questioning they're ability, not their heart. If this group can go out and put a decent effort every night, I'll be happy even if they lose.

I thought every Flames player was excellent tonight. Even Butler and Cammy played well.

Sep 13, 2009
Shots on goal per game - 33.8 (2nd Most in the league)
Shots on goal against per game - 25.0 (2nd least in the league)

Yet we sit 2nd last in the league in points? Shoot me now.

This means two things:

#1. The Flames are firing blanks. And,
#2. Kipper's playing like poo.

PS. We're not 2nd last in the league in points, we're tied for last! :thumbd:

Sep 13, 2009
Stat of the night (from P.J. Stock): The Flames had 7 hits all game! :eek:

Maybe if we threw some bodychecks we could wear the other team down. Pathetic.

At least we had our first fight tonight! :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad