GDT: Blackhawks (20-13-4) @ Coyotes (17-15-3) 8 pm CT FSAZ,CSNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Bold portion is not actually true. They put in effort. They back checked hard and fought in both the corners/the net. Did you watch the game or are you basically making **** up now?

HF50 you are posting mostly bs at this point. Toews has not been great but you talk like he is a 4th line player. His hands have been his biggest issue for his lack of scoring not his effort.

Also again try to write in sentences and use spell check. You put more effort into making **** up than you do actually typing it. How you get a "2" instead of a "c" is beyond me...unless you are typing this all out on an original flip phone.

spare. And with some time off, that will help him. So really you get Gus and drop Runbad and have Scud as your spare. I would much rather have Scud as spare than Runbad, for sure.

What is Gus's cap hit v Runbad, we save that much more money. I need to look that up, every little bit helps. I would assume Gus is less than .95, and if so we are banking a little each day going forward. i hate all the moron media, "hawks save .95M in salary". Umm no. We save Runbad-Gus IF Gus is less than Runbad. Haven't looked that up yet.

Gus is .667 we added and dropped .95. So full year is .283. we have 55% of season to go. We save $155,000 is Gus stays the rest of the year and Runbad never comes back. So there ya go. Gus has a GREAT contract. WOW, and we get it next year as well.

Wanted to add this edit and get away from the HF non-sense. Gus has a great contract, as I added in that edit. We don't save much, but we save.
This tells me when you negotiate these contracts, like for 88 and 19, wow 10.5 is a huge difference from 10.1 etc. That would be .8M free money.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hossa doesn't hit 500 goals this season at his current pace.

Who would have predicted that?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hossa doesn't hit 500 goals this season at his current pace.

Who would have predicted that?

He needs 9 goals....I am willing to bet he hits 500 goals.

Did you know that Corey Crawford was on pace to lose 82 games at the start of the year and that Kane was on pace to score 164 points after 3 games?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Did you know that Corey Crawford was on pace to lose 82 games at the start of the year and that Kane was on pace to score 164 points after 3 games?

while I get your point, how does a 1 and 3 game pace compare to a 38 game pace haha

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well, the matter of fact is that the second half of the year can be completely different from the first half. I'm not so sure with Hossa. I'm sure he'll get those goals, but I don't think his scoring will pick up dramatically. That's been a process we seem to be seeing. Luckily he's still fantastic at a lot of other things that it's not the end of the world. Hopefully, for Toews though, we start to see the old him the second part of this year.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Well, the matter of fact is that the second half of the year can be completely different from the first half. I'm not so sure with Hossa. I'm sure he'll get those goals, but I don't think his scoring will pick up dramatically. That's been a process we seem to be seeing. Luckily he's still fantastic at a lot of other things that it's not the end of the world. Hopefully, for Toews though, we start to see the old him the second part of this year.

Ideally, Toews picks it up and helps increase Hossa's output.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Oh come on man, the sample sizes you're comparing are separated by a factor of 10.

I'm not attacking Hossa, I'm just saying I bet most of us figured we'd be celebrating #500 by now.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I wouldn't say what Toews has given us is garbage. He's made some nice plays for the team, and it's not like he's going completely pointless and goalless. He's been alright. Just hasn't played up to that 10.5 million dollar standard yet. I can see that. If you're gonna get paid that much, I do get people criticizing him for his rather meh play. Like I said, he hasn't been as bad as some people claim, but he definitely hasn't been the same Toews as we are used to. Still hope he turns it on at some point.
I would in general agree on Toews and Hossa. Neither have been downright Arkhipov horrible, but IMHO neither are playing to their cap standard (Toews not even to his old cap standard IMHO).

I do think they hit their stride this season and pull out of their funk--the question is *when*. Still, with their output contrasted to pedigree and cap, I don't think they should *need* a LW more than Shaw, T², or Bickell to be higher offensively than they are. They should be able to make their own O.

Onto the game. Dr. Craw was Schizo--great at time, WTF? bad at times. Glad the decided to show up. Wondering when we lost our discipline and became the Blues--too many dumb penalties.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
while I get your point, how does a 1 and 3 game pace compare to a 38 game pace haha

Oh come on man, the sample sizes you're comparing are separated by a factor of 10.

I'm not attacking Hossa, I'm just saying I bet most of us figured we'd be celebrating #500 by now.

I tried to pick such ridiculous sample sizes that you would see that I was busting your balls. I guess I did not go small enough. You picked a weird time to bring it up.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
:biglaugh: at Jaeger complaining about small sample sizes when his argument with regard to Tikhonov depends entirely on the smallest of sample sizes

My argument for what? That Tikhonov belongs on this roster ahead of sub-AHL caliber players like Mashinter?

11 games is as small as 1 or 3?

Ok then.

The Tikhonov sample size wasn't huge, that's true.

It's roughly the same as the Mashinter sample size though. And based on that comparable body of work, anybody that argues Mashinter has a more worthy place on the roster than Tikhonov would best be served watching another sport. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
My argument for what? That Tikhonov belongs on this roster ahead of sub-AHL caliber players like Mashinter?

Ok then.

It's roughly the same as the Mashinter sample size though. And based on that comparable body of work, anybody that argues Mashinter has a more worthy place on the roster than Tikhonov would best be served watching another sport. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, going by the NUMBERS,
Mash has a goal... Tik didn't

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

Ok then.

Both sample sizes are too small making the confidence intervals far too wide to make any conclusions. :shakehead

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mashinter makes almost 600k less, and does nothing, just like Tikhonov. I fail to see the problem. Especially when Mash rarely plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad