GDT: Blackhawks (20-13-4) @ Coyotes (17-15-3) 8 pm CT FSAZ,CSNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Bickell blows ... he isnt any better than before he was sent down ... he learns nothing from a benching, sitting in the pres box, placed on waivers, sent to RFD

:rant:

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Impressed with Gus ... he looked calm and handled the puck well

he should never have been sent down

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Agree with the positive Gus comments. He was all over the ice and played very confident. Playing his game without thinking. I think everyone was pining for him since he was sent back to Rockford.

Bickell.....man was he absolutely terrible.

TT looked pretty good as well. He and 24 looked pretty good together.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
I didn't se the whole game but I saw some of the replay.

Boy, that Boedker would look good in a Hawks uni, wouldn't he?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Also good point on TT. He seems to be coming around, been playing very well lately. Now we just needs Toews to start figuring it out. He just seems to be pressing and trying to do too much.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Boy, that Boedker would look good in a Hawks uni, wouldn't he?

Couple of posters here have mentioned him in the past. Guy is a very good player. Pretty much an older, tad lesser version of Saad. Would absolutely love to see him on the Hawks.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Agree with the positive Gus comments. He was all over the ice and played very confident. Playing his game without thinking. I think everyone was pining for him since he was sent back to Rockford.

Bickell.....man was he absolutely terrible.

TT looked pretty good as well. He and 24 looked pretty good together.

and if Q would only put another decent player with Danault and TT we may just have a good line...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Other than Crow struggling I thought we played a solid game. Bickell needs to go and I would give Morin then McNeill a chance to play with 24-86 (I would rather had 86 with 19-81 but I understand evening out lines). Both player can score and go to the net. TT could make Morin look really good with his ability to pass and Morin's ability to snipe. Plus they can add that physical factor Q wants.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
and if Q would only put another decent player with Danault and TT we may just have a good line...
We may have a third line forming boys and girls. Come playoff time...

_____ - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
_____ - Danault - Teravainen
Desjardins/Rasmussen - Kruger - Shaw

Depending on how the kids develop (Hartman, Dano, etc.) maybe one of them gets added on a line. Bickell won't get it done. Hopefully Stan addresses the LW situation at
the deadline. Would love a veteran LW on the Danault line as I think Danault can fill the Vermette role adequately enough. I'd actually like Hossa and Teuvo flipped so Hossa can play the Sharp role as a veteran winger with skill on the third line, but that might be splitting hairs. (I like Q trusting TT more at the end of games though with Toews)

You can tell Q absolutely loves Danault though. I haven't seen him trust a young player this quickly since Saad. Kid is already PKing 4-5 games in averaging over 12 minutes of ice time.

Last edited:

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
This team is so much better with him on it.

This.

Gus defends in a way that is NOT like Scud and Rozy. He goes to guys. It's like he is at center ice and takes away time and space. He has a GREAT gap, wow.

+3 again, he moves the puck, moves himself. He is uber-agressive in the o-zone but can get back. He makes good reads. I need to see him and how he is in front of the net, expect not great, but really either are any of our D in that regard.

he is just going to get better too. That is the really good part.

Can skate, GREAT vision, good in all zones. What's not to like. I need to figure that out.

On the flip side, wow was Ras BAD. I mean he was Bicks bad and that is saying something. Awful. We will see if he has a get out of jail free card from Q for some good games.

Last edited:

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
So with Gus up what happens to Scud? waived? or spare?

spare. And with some time off, that will help him. So really you get Gus and drop Runbad and have Scud as your spare. I would much rather have Scud as spare than Runbad, for sure.

What is Gus's cap hit v Runbad, we save that much more money. I need to look that up, every little bit helps. I would assume Gus is less than .95, and if so we are banking a little each day going forward. i hate all the moron media, "hawks save .95M in salary". Umm no. We save Runbad-Gus IF Gus is less than Runbad. Haven't looked that up yet.

Gus is .667 we added and dropped .95. So full year is .283. we have 55% of season to go. We save $155,000 is Gus stays the rest of the year and Runbad never comes back. So there ya go. Gus has a GREAT contract. WOW, and we get it next year as well.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
spare. And with some time off, that will help him. So really you get Gus and drop Runbad and have Scud as your spare. I would much rather have Scud as spare than Runbad, for sure.

What is Gus's cap hit v Runbad, we save that much more money. I need to look that up, every little bit helps. I would assume Gus is less than .95, and if so we are banking a little each day going forward. i hate all the moron media, "hawks save .95M in salary". Umm no. We save Runbad-Gus IF Gus is less than Runbad. Haven't looked that up yet.

Gus has been really good so far. What a brutal signing by Stan....

Scud will have his use come playoff time. He can still play in a limited role and knows how to win in the playoffs.

2-4
7-57
52-32/47

These are pairings we can win with (I would flip 57-4).

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
We may have a third line forming boys and girls. Come playoff time...

_____ - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
_____ - Danault - Teravainen
Desjardins/Rasmussen - Kruger - Shaw

Depending on how the kids develop (Hartman, Dano, etc.) maybe one of them gets added on a line. Bickell won't get it done. Hopefully Stan addresses the LW situation at
the deadline. Would love a veteran LW on the Danault line as I think Danault can fill the Vermette role adequately enough. I'd actually like Hossa and Teuvo flipped so Hossa can play the Sharp role as a veteran winger with skill on the third line, but that might be splitting hairs. (I like Q trusting TT more at the end of games though with Toews)

You can tell Q absolutely loves Danault though. I haven't seen him trust a young player this quickly since Saad. Kid is already PKing 4-5 games in averaging over 12 minutes of ice time.

Great post.

Keep Hossa on 1st line and let TT trend playing against lesser competition for now (this year). We MUSTTTTTTTTTT add a GOOD LW at the deadline. That would go soo far. Sadly, we need 2 of them. A top 6 LW and a top 9 LW is what we need at the deadline to roll 4 lines. That should NOT cost too much.

Agree on Danault. He seems awesome, but so did Rasmusson.

People knock Kruger but he never has epic fail games. Q is wayyyyyyy more interested in a players floor, how high or low, than a player ceiling. 16's floor is WAYYYY above all these guys. Fans on HF are seeing that 16's ceiling has come wayyyyy down from previous years. If 24 can keep this up, yes 3C. 16 4C. But, can 24 play 3C and score some. He is doing well in the 16 roll. When we ask more, will it be there.

Let's see how long it lasts, 70 sucked like Bicks sucked. They were not NHL worthy last night.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Gus has been really good so far. What a brutal signing by Stan....

Scud will have his use come playoff time. He can still play in a limited role and knows how to win in the playoffs.

2-4
7-57
52-32/47

These are pairings we can win with (I would flip 57-4).

you forgot to add :sarcasm:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But it looks like I am still the only poster here ripping g on Toews and Hossa...Shaw on.line #1 was fine ...but neither Toews not Hossa hustled to get to pucks..neither created scoring chances...all season I have criticized Toews for lazy cruising mail it in effort...Hossa at least tried most games...not past night ..but even when he tries he cannot generate offense ...so tge combo of Toews and Hossa is killing anyone playing LW with them not the other way around...Futile is the best word to describe the contributions Toews and Hossa are giving us...You 2ant everyone contributing and at the least giving their best...not the crap we saw last night from Toews and Hossa. .

So absolutely ...rip Bickell..he deserves it..but because of their big star status ...Toews and Hossa deserve even more ripping for the gatbage they have given so far this season. ..utter garbage.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I wouldn't say what Toews has given us is garbage. He's made some nice plays for the team, and it's not like he's going completely pointless and goalless. He's been alright. Just hasn't played up to that 10.5 million dollar standard yet. I can see that. If you're gonna get paid that much, I do get people criticizing him for his rather meh play. Like I said, he hasn't been as bad as some people claim, but he definitely hasn't been the same Toews as we are used to. Still hope he turns it on at some point.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But it looks like I am still the only poster here ripping g on Toews and Hossa...Shaw on.line #1 was fine ...but neither Toews not Hossa hustled to get to pucks..neither created scoring chances...all season I have criticized Toews for lazy cruising mail it in effort...Hossa at least tried most games...not past night ..but even when he tries he cannot generate offense ...so tge combo of Toews and Hossa is killing anyone playing LW with them not the other way around...Futile is the best word to describe the contributions Toews and Hossa are giving us...You 2ant everyone contributing and at the least giving their best...not the crap we saw last night from Toews and Hossa. .

So absolutely ...rip Bickell..he deserves it..but because of their big star status ...Toews and Hossa deserve even more ripping for the gatbage they have given so far this season. ..utter garbage.

Bold portion is not actually true. They put in effort. They back checked hard and fought in both the corners/the net. Did you watch the game or are you basically making **** up now?

HF50 you are posting mostly bs at this point. Toews has not been great but you talk like he is a 4th line player. His hands have been his biggest issue for his lack of scoring not his effort.

Also again try to write in sentences and use spell check. You put more effort into making **** up than you do actually typing it. How you get a "2" instead of a "c" is beyond me...unless you are typing this all out on an original flip phone.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010

Yeah well the posts aren't that great, they say the same thing. Who wants to join a person that makes sloppy posts and some things in them are nuts so.

First, Hossa is FINE. Read that again, Hossa is fine. Has he lost some finish, yes. Is he good at ice hockey. Yes. Ok, now 50 read it again.

Now, 19. I always worried about his "skill level". Production doesn't come "naturally". So I wonder if his recent pt totals are higher than normal, and so we see regression. I agree it needs to be better. a LOT better. 50 pts is a joke for him. Over 60 I wouldn't worry as much, but I hear ya.

But i see effort. I don't see 10.5M but a buddy told me the last guy you have to worry about is 19. So ok. I am not worried, but I can see how we could be. If we lose in the first round and Toews has 2 pts in 6 games, yeah I will join you. Until then, give us specific examples of crap play or you waste your time posting imo.

Start reading his plays and tells us what is so bad. And don't give us plus minus. Also, I asked you a simple direct question in anohter post and never saw your reply. It's hard to agree with something yelling the same thing all the time without new info and ideas.

I do give you twice in the game on the back-check he stopped skating hard. He pulled it back from "all ahead full" to "all ahead standard". That is not like him, I agree.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

He he. Touche!

I would like to think that someone from Rockford comes up eventually as that position on the 3rd line is a black hole currently.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Bold portion is not actually true. They put in effort. They back checked hard and fought in both the corners/the net. Did you watch the game or are you basically making **** up now?

HF50 you are posting mostly bs at this point. Toews has not been great but you talk like he is a 4th line player. His hands have been his biggest issue for his lack of scoring not his effort.

Also again try to write in sentences and use spell check. You put more effort into making **** up than you do actually typing it. How you get a "2" instead of a "c" is beyond me...unless you are typing this all out on an original flip phone.
I didn't see this or I wouldn't have posted mine.

Yeah I would say Toews is BETTER than HF's posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad