Post-Game Talk: BLACKHAWKS 0-4 Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
bahaha

I spent last night watching Dallas play.

The Mavericks, as they were in Toronto.

I guess Canadians don't get it either.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
bahaha

I spent last night watching Dallas play.

The Mavericks, as they were in Toronto.

I guess Canadians don't get it either.

Impossible. We were told Canadians take their hockey seriously.

#casualfan

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Well documented by whom? It's so easy to judge a team by watching them play. This is the NHL. They are giving there all, just sometimes it's impossible for players to give 100 percent with the ridiculously long schedule. When Bickell admitted that in an interview, for example, it was no surprise to me. It's honest and it's obvious.

It was no surprise because Bickell is a lazy ass who is notorious for phoning it in 90% of the time.

Church of Toews*

So if I own a PS4 which is not an x box I'm not a casual fan right?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I only have a wii. I guess that makes me something even worse.

Wow this thread. lol

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think more than an American / Canadian thing here it's an age thing. The younger generation was pretty much raised with xbox's and the like and are pretty apt at multi-focusing.
Guys like you and I Bobby are a little more old school … all good.
Have a great Christmas all!

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Exactly. So why are people acting like this game is predictive of anything in the playoffs?

It was obviously unreasonable to expect this team to gel right away but can you please give them the benefit of the whole season before setting a cap at their potential? Just from what we've seen so far I think guys like Garbutt, Danaut and even Scuderi can fill in PK roles like Frolik and Smith did. Meanwhile, guys like Shaw and Kruger can continue to be "rollable" like they always have and their new linemates can keep up with them...if you give them time. A championship organization knows how to use the entire season to build the best possible roster heading into the playoffs. Any team that thinks they're set after 36 games is in for a big letdown in spring.

Bottom line suggestion for fans: learn to enjoy the growing process this season. It's ugly at times but they cal them growing pains for a reason. If you can't take 46 games of gelling then find a hobby and wait for the postseason. But to act like every inter-division or road loss is a sign of doom to come four months from now is just foolishness.

Agree....great post T. This season has not been ugly, Kane and Crow are at their best form,,,,Hawks are near the top in the standings.... there will be more moves by Stan before deadline, he knows with players such as Keith, Kane, Toews, Hoss, Seabs & Crow do you just waste a season? hell no! especially when a Cup can possibly be won yet again.

Edit: forget that this team was crap after Jan. 1st last season until po's.....look what happened after that.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And if this team is crap again after Jan 1st with a January swoon the Cup half-full guys will be see told ya so by the Cup half-empty guys..We cannot afford that turn of tge year swoon again in January this time ir we will find it very hard to make the playoffs this time around d..We cannot afford Toews showing for only 5 of every 35 games played pace and mailing in 30 of every 35..that simply will not do.

ALSO the grind excuse applies to all teams ...not just our guys. .but it seems to affect our guys more than other teams such that most of them seem less eberle tic on the road. ..I guess conserving g energy fir tge home games..Some teams reverse that..but a lot if tge less lazy teams seem to compete hard way more often than we do both home and away..dies not mean they have more points than us...perhaps so.e aspect like goaltending or worse special ial teams mitigated wins fir them but tge eyeball tests shows they at least try and try all together a lot more than we do because our eyeballs do not lie to us..we know when we slack ...plays hard just 1 period if 3 periids like this loss to Dallas. .do not All show for the same game (team on mission vs. just some playing with purpose) ...and finally we know when certain key "stars" for us are not playing their "A" game and when a too often absence of that best form deserves a criticism of lazy slacker..yes we know when these things gs our. .we can see it ..So ease do not give tgh grind excuse for team 9r individual stinky play..There are far more causes for lousy play than the grind ...issues if Want and Purpose...issues of talent regression ...If we allow the grind excuse ,it covers every team for about 20% of games ..but that never excuses the other 80% of games where some teams still find purpise and other teams like us cannot seem to find Try hard for 3 periods in these games..So overall not accept g tge grind excuse for most slacker games or 1/3 period only games..there IS a big problem with this team which has bought in to tge Country Club Q attitude of do just enough to get into playoffs then flip tge switch to full bore..Except we know that sooner or later the switch will not go on This Time ..And so if this season is the time it fails to flip on ..then tge fans will have been gypped by less than a Try Hard regular season ...Instead getting g way too much meh efforts. ..plus they will get no playoff reward for enduring the watching of too muck crap and slack all season before that.. Not all players and not all stars are refusing to exert often enough to provide the entertainment level suggested by their pay LE El. .some are even exceeding expectation ..but those players..especially some stars who are nailing it in too often ...they are allegedly going to flip their switches on I ayoffs..They had better do that because they owe us fans for crapoy regular season output ...And so if they also fail to show "A" form in playoffs we cannot give them the grind excuse benefit but will call them out for exactly what they have done..which is be lazy slackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad