Post-Game Talk: BLACKHAWKS 0-4 Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
They do need some roster tweaks and I am assuming those discussions are always ongoing. I was listening to someone on nhl radio and they said though the Hawks have some holes, they are like this most every year in not taking RS too seriously. 2013 was an aberration due to the start they had. I think when March hits we will see what we will have going forward most likely. And then we can go back on the ledge.....or step back depending how you see the changes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The recurring problems with this team are the inconsistent efforts ....rarely play well all 3 prods in a game,playing only 1/3 of games well most times....maybe a few 2/3 of games well a few times ...but only very rarely putting in the full 60 effort ...also the too wide variation of home play vs..road play performance...the not all our best being our best in the same game issue...tgh not all hands on deck for the mission issue ...the problems of line #1.. the inability to go on long winning streaks...
I think your best players have to be your best players most of the time to win consistently..For a lot of the games we did get such starring from Kane ...for some of tge games we got that from Keith and CC ... UT for too few games have we got that from Toews and Hossa..The fact that in no game I think did we get all 4 of these key guys giving g us "A" performance at tge same time..that is a problem..your core best must be your best often and all.in the same games often enough such that you have a chance to be elite...otherwise you are just back with the pack or worse ...flour during in meh mess way too often to believe you can win when it counts.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I guess I'm just at the point....

We won 3 cups in 6 years.

I mean, worst case scenario... what? They miss the playoffs?

I can live with that.

There are fans of teams that haven't won a cup in their lifetime, or the lifetime of the team. We've had 3 cups in 6 years. This team is etched in history.

Would it be great if everything went perfectly and we won 2, 3, 4, 5 in a row? Sure!

But I told myself last year that if they went 3 for 6, then I would be able to handle whatever rough patches that came up this year.

And frankly, none of the rough patches have been THAT rough.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I can live with that.

There are fans of teams that haven't won a cup in their lifetime, or the lifetime of the team. We've had 3 cups in 6 years. This team is etched in history.

Would it be great if everything went perfectly and we won 2, 3, 4, 5 in a row? Sure!

But I told myself last year that if they went 3 for 6, then I would be able to handle whatever rough patches that came up this year.

Even though they are not playing great they are still in the playoffs. This team is still work in progress. You are talking your self away from the ledge when you shouldn't be there in the first place. Every time it rains do you build an ark?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

I can live with that.

This is exactly how I feel. Its a hard salary cap, contracts come up. Guys from cup winning teams get
paid, salary dumps must be made. I am not hearing many people say "don't worry, the Hawks will flip the switch come playoff time". I think a lot of us realize this team currently has a lot of flaws. Yes, it may not be our year. Unfortunately many people think because we may not be good enough we should all be spewing doom and gloom, moaning about Bowman and every other player on the team. People are so spoiled its ridiculous. How many teams struggle year after year and can't make the playoffs?

I am taking the approach this may not be a cup winning team but at the same time will see how it goes. If the vets step it up, if the youngsters grow up, and if the newly created cap space from the Kruger injury gets us a key piece then maybe they can make another run. If not, oh well. How many teams have won 3 cups in 6 years?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I can live with that.

Agree totally. At this point I just don't have it in me to get worked up about a December loss when we're firmly holding a playoff spot. I don't know whether the doom and gloom is myopic or artificial, but it's hard to take seriously.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My friend called me up and asked if I watching the game. I told him,"Nope. I'm playing Xbox." He said, "Well, it's a big game." I told him there are no big games in December.

I used to watch every game until they started winning. I can understand why the team takes nights off. Regular season is even boring for the fans.

For casual fans perhaps. Enjoy your xbox.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I watch every game but usually don't pay close attention. They don't turn it on until April, that's when I'll pay close attention.

It's fun to look at all the people standing on the edge of the cliff. I guess the hawks haven't won 3 cups this decade.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So much crying over one shutout. **** happens. Does it suck? Yeah, but let's not pretend that the defending champs didn't get shutout and outplayed on multiple occasions last year. And the cup winning team before that (LA) were shutout a few times during that season (once by Raanta).

Considering the huge bullseye on our backs and a decent group of new players, we've done very well for ourselves. We probably need another decent dman (I'd settle for Gustafsson) and I'm still not sold on Teuvo playing out of position, but we're doing just fine ATM.

I'm frustrated by the loss (especially seeing as how they don't play again til Sunday), but this team isn't falling apart, just their fans.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
You mention how canadians take their hockey seriously, yet label someone as a casual fan. A casual fan is just someone not from canada I guess?

Honestly, not bashing canadians but there are many other important things to follow other than your city's hockey team (in december).

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Color me as not surprised. Canadians take their hockey seriously. Folks that would rather play their xbox during the RS then watch the team they supposedly support are casual fans. Sounds like you may be one of them. To each his own.

Yep, definitely a casual fan. If only I was born on a farm in Alberta, then I'd appreciate hockey for what it really is.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Man, I truly have read it all now. Wow.

Complete and utter nonsense on numerous levels, not to mention insulting.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Man, I truly have read it all now. Wow.

The majority of this team is Canadian and it's well documented what the regular season means to them as a team, overall.

Guess they're just casual fans of the game, too. But wait, they're Canadian....how could that be?? *gasp*

Well documented by whom? It's so easy to judge a team by watching them play. This is the NHL. They are giving there all, just sometimes it's impossible for players to give 100 percent with the ridiculously long schedule. When Bickell admitted that in an interview, for example, it was no surprise to me. It's honest and it's obvious.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Well documented by whom? It's so easy to judge a team by watching them play. This is the NHL. They are giving there all, just sometimes it's impossible for players to give 100 percent with the ridiculously long schedule. When Bickell admitted that in an interview, for example, it was no surprise to me. It's honest and it's obvious.

Anything you can read anywhere. Mark Lazarus had a long story about it. Richards eluded to it. It's talked about all of the time. They don't mail anything but they also don't wring their hands over every loss, and certainly aren't losing any sleep over their Christmas break about a loss to Dallas in December.

But what do I know? I don't give my 100% all every game of the season as a fan and I'm not Canadian so my casual nature doesn't allow for me to properly comment.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I mean, it didn't even take a sentence to contradict yourself.

PrairieDayz

Mar 22, 2015
Dallas
I saw a team that gave up after the Sharp goal. Down 2-0 and they get 3 shots for the entire period and allow 3 goals in that period. The effort in the 3rd was pathetic.

Dittos BH....the 3P was painful to watch with many of the red sweatered faithful disgusted....Sharp,in his post gamer, was the consummate pro...in a matter of fact way he said that playing his buddies on the opposite side was funky more or less and if the Stars are going to advance to and in post season play, they'll have to go through Chicago who they face several more times this year...Sharp has regenerated his game in Dallas as he and Johnny O are considered senior pros in the Stars' locker room...too bad the blasted cap prevented both to continue and retire with the Hawks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad