GDT: BJs (4-9-2) @ Ducks (11-2-1)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wasnt the best game of the season, altho i wasnt expecting it after that road trip, i thought we might come out a lil slow .I thought hiller played amazing(and im glad, im still on the hiller train).

Getz has been a monster all year and was prob the best player on the ice other than hiller, perry looks like hes ready to get hot.

So far after 2 games i think i like having maroon/holland up more than etem/dsp/rakell... Maroon does well as a 4th liner, and holland is only going to get better with confidence.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
NHL changed their cover photo to this:
19817_10151265544667466_245450667_n.jpg

This is the 2nd time this season i can recall we are on their cover photo. The first was Fasth and he was there pretty damn long.

Nice to see. They`re making it up for not giving Stoll suspension :sarcasm:

BTW did you saw latest Dedication video with Souray? Pretty nice one:
http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=651&id=203210&cmpid=embed-share-video

Jul 22, 2012
I don't know if it's just me, but I think Penner is a better skater. Though not by a whole lot.

Yeah, I can see that. Maroon is really really slow :shakehead But his board play down low has definitely impressed me, and from what I'm hearing, he isn't afraid to fight a throw his body around.

We should try him with Getzlaf and Perry. He could really compliment their cycle game.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Yeah, I can see that. Maroon is really really slow :shakehead But his board play down low has definitely impressed me, and from what I'm hearing, he isn't afraid to fight a throw his body around.

We should try him with Getzlaf and Perry. He could really compliment their cycle game.

We've already played 5 wingers on that line already this season I believe (Palmieri, Ryan, Etem, Beleskey, Winnik) and no one has stuck, and I don't expect this to be the time that Beleskey does. I think Maroon will get a shot at some point or another.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I am actually rather pleased with the way the young 4th line plays together, they've played together on and off for a while between the AHL and now the NHL. I wouldn't move Maroon just yet. I am okay with Beleskey on the top line, I am okay with our 3rd line, and as I said I am okay with the 4th line. I just wonder how the 2nd line would look with Bobby at center and Bonino on the left wing.

Ducksgo*

Frankie's face is hilarious... he looks so happy. :laugh:

Yah he loves it here. I wonder if he inspires our players and boosts morale in the dressing room ike Marchant did back in 07 during our cup run. Franky just seems to motivate our guys for some reason. What an excellent player.

Duck Fan

Jul 28, 2002
Laguna Hills, CA
Visit site
Bill Mosienko had 3 goals himself in 21 seconds. That's just silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_records_(individual)

I remember that game. It's been a long time ago (I think maybe 50 years or so) and I watched it on television. (3 goals in 21 seconds-a record that will live in imfamy)Since I was living in New York at the time I believe the game was against the Rangers and he almost scored on the next faceoff.

If anyone has any insight on my recollection, please post it.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
i really cringed every time bonino selanne and winnik were out there. I hated that line and how bruce never puts them together again. Just seem like the spare parts line and everyone struggled.

I didn't much care for the Koivu/Ryan line either. Cogs was hustling as usual but overall seemed ineffective.

I really liked Holland, Palmieri, and Maroon. Maroon especially. He draw so much attention in the offensive zone.

As tempting as it is to throw him Getzlaf and Perry, I think I prefer 4 balanced lines and think we should give that line more ice time than putting belesky on it and taking it away.

Felt that was the best Getzlaf/Perry looked all season.

I can't believe how far Allen's game has come. I mean he's looked like a 3.5 million defenseman. Lovejoy has been pretty damn good too.

Sbisa still seems like the guy that is struggling the most to me as well... he played better but I'd really hesitate pulling Lovejoy over him.

I actually thought Hiller had very bad rebound control.. far worse that Fasth, but battled extremely hard. You could tell he wanted that game... probably owes Beach a steak dinner.

Tough night, they need some rest and hopefully can continue this amazing streak.

/Begin Dream lineup

1) Resign Getzlaf/Perry ASAP for $7.5 mil / season
2) Trade Sbisa and either Bonino or Holland for Oreilly at a decent contract (like 3.5 / season). Ice this lineup:

Belesky Getzlaf Perry
Ryan Oreilly Selanne
Cogs Koivu Winnik
Maroon Holland/Bonino Palmieri

Extra: Staubitz, DSP/Etem

Beauch Souray
Allen Fowler
Lydman Sbisa/Lovejoy

Extra: Sbisa/Lovejoy, Vaatanen/Lindholm

/End Dream lineup

Ad

Upcoming events