GDT: BJs (4-9-2) @ Ducks (11-2-1)

Corey Perry*

WHO?
Columbus Beej @ The Anaheim Ducks
WHEN?
Tonight, 7 PM PST, Very Early morning Scandinavia time. (aka Party time)
WHERE?
The Honda Center, Anaheim, CA, 92806

Ducks contenders?
HF- Nah dude, no depth, everyone's old, no name goalie, and it's jus cuz they are carried by RPG! Ducks will fade, 8th seed at best!!1!

Let's show 'em... Lets Go Ducks!!
:ducks2

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Hope the boys don't get complacent tonight. Hiller is starting btw.

(I have a bad feeling about this game...just so typical losing to the worst team in the league after a terrific road trip)

Ducksgo*

If Hiller gives up 2 goals I want Fasth in. Its a race between us and Chicago for first in western conference.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm afraid of a slow, unmotivated performance in front of Hiller. First game back home after the most successful road trip in team history against a bad team which just lost two in a row, with the Ducks being a team everyone will be gunning for. Hopefully BB can get them motivated. Then the masses will be blaming Hiller instead of the team.

Go Ducks!

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
If Hiller gives up 2 goals I want Fasth in. Its a race between us and Chicago for first in western conference.

lol seriously? goalies usually have around a 2.1x GAA and that'd be considered really good (over a full season as a starter obvs). pulled after giving up 2 goals? only if they're soft as ****

Don't have a good feeling about tonight either. the boys are probably still super tired. first game after an incredibly successful roadtrip. I'm predicting that we take the entire first period off again. Play well in the second and have nothing left for the third.

Blue jackets 4-1 is my guess

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The Blue Jackets are without Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Atkinson for tonight. As a result, the forward lines appear to be an absolute joke.

Umberger-Brassard-Dorsett
Prospal-Drazenovich-Letestu
Calvert-Collins-Foligno
Gillies-MacKenzie-Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Drazenovich is an AHL call up with about 5 games of NHL experience to his name. Collins is making his NHL debut tonight.

It will take a special kind of bad from the Ducks and Hiller tonight to lose to the CBJ.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
The Blue Jackets are without Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Atkinson for tonight. As a result, the forward lines appear to be an absolute joke.

Calvert-Collins-Foligno
Gillies-MacKenzie-Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Drazenovich is an AHL call up with about 5 games of NHL experience to his name. Collins is making his NHL debut tonight.

It will take a special kind of bad from the Ducks and Hiller tonight to lose to the CBJ.

dang. taking a look at that forward lineup.. it'll really be a shame if we don't get 2 points tonight..

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Last season many of the top goaltenders sat at 2.3ish goals against average, or higher. You're being unrealistic demanding Hiller give up less than that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Calvert-Collins-Foligno
Gillies-MacKenzie-Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Ouch, that's pretty brutal.

Makes you wonder if Staubitz makes his was back into the lineup though.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You know, if we didn't have Hiller back in for his first game, I might say this would be an opportunity to play Lindholm.

Ducksgo*

Last season many of the top goaltenders sat at 2.3ish goals against average, or higher. You're being unrealistic demanding Hiller give up less than that.

Unrealistic? Fasth has been dominating games with no more than two goals allowed. If Hiller lets in two goals within two periods I want him out and Fasth. I want this number 1 western conference spot.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

So you wanted Fasth benched on the road trip? He gave up 2+ in each of the last 4 games. 3+ once. Columbus averages 2.2 goals per game. EVERY team in the league except for Nashville averages OVER 2 goals per game (for reference purposes, fasts gave up more than their average a few days ago).

Have some realistic expectations.

Edit - 3+ once. Need some caffeine.

Ducksgo*

So you wanted Fasth benched on the road trip? He gave up 2+ in each of the last 4 games. 3+ twice. Columbus averages 2.2 goals per game. EVERY team in the league except for Nashville averages OVER 2 goals per game (for reference purposes, fasts gave up more than their average a few days ago).

Have some realistic expectations.

Wings and Nashville no more than two goals were allowed. And we are dominating while Hiller has been out

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Unrealistic? Fasth has been dominating games with no more than two goals allowed. If Hiller lets in two goals within two periods I want him out and Fasth. I want this number 1 western conference spot.

:facepalm: You hold Fasth to different standards apparently.

Fasth has allowed 2 goals or more in the last four games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Call his ass up BM and send down Allen or Lydman please.

Both would immediately be lost to waivers. Not happening.

He won't be activated until there's a roster position available when JDD goes down, which won't happen until Hiller proves he's healthy.

It's also possible they're not sure he's good enough for NHL play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad