GDT: BJs (4-9-2) @ Ducks (11-2-1)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
CBJ deserved at least a point but Hiller stole all points for Ducks. I really don't like Lovejoy getting PP time... his shot is so weak.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's what it is? We are winning with it. Youth will always dominate the old. And I'm sorry Lydman but your spot has been replaced by Lindholm or Vats. Enough said I'm. Sick of your minus on my team

Lydman hasn't been good but Lindholm hasn't proven himself and Vatanen failed to prove himself this year.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Hopefully Staubitz/Beleskey/Maroon drops the gloves with Stoll and kicks the crap out of that piece of ****

That does absolutely nothing to their lineup. Going after doughy, kopitar, or maybe even bumping quick hard while driving the net, would better serve what needs to be done. Stoll is a shifty pos, and most of their fans would rather he was replaced. Think of what it would be like for him to witness his teammates feeling the payback of his actions on Fowler. LP3 needs to be brought up, and as the game enters it's final 5 minutes a message needs to be sent.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
CBJ deserved at least a point but Hiller stole all points for Ducks. I really don't like Lovejoy getting PP time... his shot is so weak.

it seemed like on that 2nd PP unit its all about deflecting pucks. lovejoy's shot is pretty perfect for forwards to deflect pucks lol

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That does absolutely nothing to their lineup. Going after doughy, kopitar, or maybe even bumping quick hard while driving the net, would better serve what needs to be done. Stoll is a shifty pos, and most of their fans would rather he was replaced. Think of what it would be like for him to witness his teammates feeling the payback of his actions on Fowler. LP3 needs to be brought up, and as the game enters it's final 5 minutes a message needs to be sent.

Yeah, too many people don't understand why you want a goon/enforcer. Yes, it's nice that they can go pound the crap out of someone who takes liberties with our players. But the real deterrent effect is when you have someone who is ready, willing and able to hit, cheap shot and otherwise damage THEIR skill players. Start causing their skill players some pain and they call of their goons. That's why Parros was worthless. Go watch some video of Semenko.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yeah, too many people don't understand why you want a goon/enforcer. Yes, it's nice that they can go pound the crap out of someone who takes liberties with our players. But the real deterrent effect is when you have someone who is ready, willing and able to hit, cheap shot and otherwise damage THEIR skill players. Start causing their skill players some pain and they call of their goons. That's why Parros was worthless. Go watch some video of Semenko.

This can not be stressed enough. Parros was simply a prop on the ice for the most part and especially during his most recent years.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009

The way he looks this year, I think we'd rather keep Doughty on the ice:sarcasm:

But yeah, what you and DVM said is pretty accurate, that was the biggest problem with Parros. Its almost as if he only fought for the sake of fighting, but never did what an enforcer actually should do. Thats actually one thing I liked when we had JFJ, he had that kamikazee attitude that hed go **** someone up and not care about it. Id like Staubitz or someone to take a run at Kopitar though.

Oct 18, 2011
Just curious...of all people to trade...why Lovejoy? He probably doesnt have too much value, and is playing better hockey than Lydman, Sbisa (maybe Allen too). He's cheap, and is a VERY good #7 defenseman to have. As he's showing, he can be a reliable 3rd pairing guy when injuries occur
I meant Lydman was being made expendable by Lovejoy, but preference is to keep both, unless Hampus or Sami come back and play so well they can't be benched. but preference is to keep the depth

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I meant Lydman was being made expendable by Lovejoy, but preference is to keep both, unless Hampus or Sami come back and play so well they can't be benched. but preference is to keep the depth

ya i like this depth right now. with our jam packed schedule. we're gonna have to rotate out some d-men and its good cause we know all 7 of them can play

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
lol wow. what an ugly win indeed. keeps getting uglier and uglier haha. have a good break ducks. you guys better come out refreshed and REALLY fire on all 4 cylinders..

BB needs to do somethin about that 2nd line. reunite the 3rd, put Ryan back at C maybe and just put some dude there on the LW lol

Fire on all 4 cylinders, I thought Americans prefered 8? ;-)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Finally found the ''Light the lamp'' song. That discussion was happening before, sorry if it is already figured out, but looks like that is thee local band ''Jeremiah Red''.

There isn`t even studio version of this song on youtube, but the band actually looks pretty good.

Random fact: everyone played at least 10 minutes, i think it`s a first time in the season and first time in a loong looong time something like that happens. Good to see that everyone can play.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Ducks didn't play inspired hockey tonight (few standouts like Getzy, Hiller, and Maroon, but otherwise...). Still got the W though! Good to see Hiller put in such a strong performance.

12-2-1...wow.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Looks like Bobby won`t pass a puck to Holland for some time :laugh:

@PeterHolland13 : @b_ryan9 left his credit card at the restaurant tonight and yours truly has it. I'll start the bidding at 100

@b_ryan9 : @PeterHolland13 haha, well played taking it to twitter Peter! No more breakaway passes though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
@PeterHolland13 "@RGEEZY: @PeterHolland13 @b_ryan9 how much rogaine can you buy getzy with that card?" dont no but maxed out if @NickBonino got in on that

Boner is not amused.
@NickBonino @PeterHolland13 @rgeezy @b_ryan9 Wow

I love Holland. He always has some funny tweets:laugh:

Yeah he's a funny dude. And the kid can play. Room to improve, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. But man, those tweets are gonna make him a prank target on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad