Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Cat Scratch Fever.
Meh.
Lost to the number 1 team.
Panarin is bound to have a bad game.
Igor has been money so he gets a pass.
Score be dammed; Braden Schneider has got to challenge Brandon Montour. Man Up! Let the chips fall were they may.

Trouba has to gap up. Backing in and surrendering your zone is a terrible strategy.

Jacob Trouba do you feel shame?​

Call up Scanlin.Sit Trouba for a couple of games.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Steve talking about the winning goal but Trouba takes a lot of blame based on the replay. It was a 2 on 3. Edstrom was back and had a guy covered. We all have been yapping about this all season. There is absolutely no reason for Trouba to be backing up vs a 4th line guy when the guy has nobody to pass to. Get in the guy's face, you clown.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I don’t understand how in a game of this caliber, a potential ECF matchup, where EVERYONE is getting dragged into the fight, EVERYONE, and then a guy who is supposed to be a leader goes and just lets Tkachuk crosscheck him in the back while down on the ice at the end of the 1st and does NOTHING. I mean my god man if that doesn’t get you pissed off, mean, and nasty, nothing will. You are pathetic at that point. A soft p***y. Thats so unacceptable.
His linemate has worn off on him, unfortunately. But you know what, even Mika blasted Cousins into the boards in the 2nd period.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Sometimes there is nobody to blame guys. Florida is really good, on a heater, and hasn't allowed more than 2 goals in like the last 10 games. The Rangers played well and a fluke goal by a 4th liner was the winner. I won't blame Trouba or Shesty on that one. I thought it was a good game.
Ya for sure, but if we're serious about competing with them we need to plug some big holes and get more from what we got.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Yes they hung with them. The worst goal of all time is the only reason it didn't go into OT. The 3rd period sucked but you make it sound like they got outshot 20-0.
It was 12-6. Rangers had 1 HD chance with Kakko missing the net wide left. Aside from that missed shot, there wasn't anything. Even Lavi, right now in the presser, is saying that.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
What a crappy way to lose. Trade Igor before friday for a back of pucks and a case of BioFuel

giphy.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Of all time? :laugh:

Given the circumstances that was one of the worst goals ever. Lundqvist had a moment like that against Montreal in a 0-0 game but we weren't competing with Montreal for the Presidents' trophy.

I like you but the fact that you never ever blame guys that you like. Your credibility is like negative. One time you can blame this scrub for losing one of the countless games he lost for us.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah Zibanejad obviously has been bad this year but we can't really attribute Kreider's lack of effort to Zib.

Dude is out there losing 1v1 battles like he's 5'4" and 110 lbs on the regular. When he's getting bodied by the likes of Montour thats a problem.

Great patience on his PP goal but outside of that and a turnover he created in the 1st, what else did he do today that was positive? I saw a guy who just looked like he was trying to get his shifts in and couldn't wait for the game to be over. I'm sure thats not the case but what ever the f*** is going on with him this year needs to be addressed.

Good place to start would be to split up him and Zibanejad.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Florida is good but they can easily be taken out before the ECF. Bob was very good for them tonight, their defense is not very at defending.

Laviolette blaming the no-call against Brodz right before the Lomberg goal. He’s not wrong. Even game until McCauley swallowed the whistles late.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is a team that's gonna have to get favorable match ups, bad opposition goaltending, luck, and squeak out a few OTs and game 7s to have a chance and maybe we play a McDavid/Draisaitl-less Oilers for the finals.

Ned Braden

Feb 2, 2018
Want to get in on this before most of the attacks on players that wear a letter on their jersey for a first place team.

All we learned of any importance tonight is the Rangers are evenly matched with Florida. Igor let in a bad one, and that will mean the Rangers play four out of seven games in Miami as opposed to New York if they meet Florida in the conference finals.

Only the first sentence above actually matters. There will be new players this week, and they will likely make this very good Rangers team better.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Given the circumstances that was one of the worst goals ever. Lundqvist had a moment like that against Montreal in a 0-0 game but we weren't competing with Montreal for the Presidents' trophy.

I like you but the fact that you never ever blame guys that you like. Your credibility is like negative. One time you can blame this scrub for losing one of the countless games he lost for us.

dude guys have given up goals from the other side of center ice in this league, a few of them have come in the playoffs.

Sorokin gave up a series clinching goal on a shot that came from basically below the goal line last year.

The goal was fried goat ass, but this was hardly the worst goal of all time or even close to it even given the circumstances.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Kreider was floating around all night. Yeah he scored the PP goal but there were multiple
times that he just sat there and waited for the puck to roll to him. Is he hurt or just that lazy ? Might be time to start resting some guys
His playing style during his early career has probably taken a toll on his body.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It was 12-6. Rangers had 1 HD chance with Kakko missing the net wide left. Aside from that missed shot, there wasn't anything. Even Lavi, right now in the presser, is saying that.

They played 3 periods. Florida shut them down when they gained a lead they never should have had. For all intents and purposes this was a 2-2 game. Your take of it not being close is preposterous. We just had our goalie lose the game for us.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Sometimes there is nobody to blame guys. Florida is really good, on a heater, and hasn't allowed more than 2 goals in like the last 10 games. The Rangers played well and a fluke goal by a 4th liner was the winner. I won't blame Trouba or Shesty on that one. I thought it was a good game.

Yup. I wouldn't blame Trouba or Igor at all. Maybe if our own guys can actually put the puck on goal instead of the ump-teenth shot wide while right in front of the goalie, we might get those kinds of bounces too.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Lavi needs to stop shortening the bench so early and stop f***ing around with the lines during the game. It's a d zone draw with 7 minutes left in the first. Just put the next f***ing line out there you asshole. Stop trying to be clever.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
There was at least one more, someone (Panarin?) setup a really good deflection in front that Bob gloved

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Florida is good but they can easily be taken out before the ECF. Bob was very good for them tonight, their defense is not very at defending.

Laviolette blaming the no-call against Brodz right before the Lomberg goal. He’s not wrong. Even game until McCauley swallowed the whistles late.
Honestly I thought Brodz took a dive. Trouba needed to step into Lomberg & get his TPS report.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I thought the game was completely even until the bad goal which could have been blown dead for a blatant fla penalty . Fla then went into shut down mode and melted the game. We had a couple big time chances at the end to tie it but tough to do when the puck is on kakkos stick.

Totally even game between two of the best teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad