Post-Game Talk: Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kreider was floating around all night. Yeah he scored the PP goal but there were multiple
times that he just sat there and waited for the puck to roll to him. Is he hurt or just that lazy ? Might be time to start resting some guys
I'm sure benching the bottom 6 and just alternating the top 2 lines for the entire last 12 minutes of the 3rd didn't help their floating around/laziness

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Miffed right now. Kreider can completely be a beast and body everyone off if he really wants it, but he chooses to play a lazy finesse game with Zibanejad. And Lavy just wants to keep them together. f*** off.

Why do you think Panarin's line was shut down? Because there's just one line to focus on.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Loss is completely on Laviolette for benching the bottom 6 with 12 min left in the 3rd and continuously rolling out an exhausted Mika/Kreider/Kakko who could barely skate by the end of it. Lethargic & pathetic, the bottom 6 would've injected far more energy and the top guys would be more effective in their minutes because of the rest. Horribly coached game.

Shocking you don't bring up your boy at all.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

"Hang"? Not getting blown out is not "hanging" with Florida. Rangers got locked down completely in the 3rd. Only thing we hung was ourselves with that bad goal.

It felt like it was a matter of time before we lost after a decent 1st period

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Kreider is the biggest p***y on this team. Its sad. All that wasted size and strength. He was terrible tonight. Everyone is hitting and that tissue box is coasting by opposing players. Even Panarin is throwing his weight around. Kreider is getting cross checked at the end of the 1st by Tkachuk and he is f***ing smiling instead of pushing back. He just waits for everything to come to him. Feet not moving. Fumbles pucks with the goalie pulled.

Puss.

Kreider was floating around all night. Yeah he scored the PP goal but there were multiple
times that he just sat there and waited for the puck to roll to him. Is he hurt or just that lazy ? Might be time to start resting some guys
I'm tired of watching him hugging guys instead of blasting them. WTF is that?

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
We get one from our first line, and Igor stops the shot 9/10 HF board guys can stop we win that.

I was more impressed by Dallas (even though we beat them).

We defeated our selves that game.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Loss is completely on Laviolette for benching the bottom 6 with 12 min left in the 3rd and continuously rolling out an exhausted Mika/Kreider/Kakko who could barely skate by the end of it. Lethargic & pathetic, the bottom 6 would've injected far more energy and the top guys would be more effective in their minutes because of the rest. Horribly coached game.

Can certainly make that case, but I'm guessing Lavi wanted to see if that line can be leaned on to produce at crucial moments. Well, he got his answer tonight.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Wasn't an overly exciting game but I thought we did pretty well against a very good team. We were there or thereabouts all game, but Bob gave them the saves we needed (or we missed the net). IMO that game would go into OT more often than not.

Panarin seemed really off which had an effect on that line. The 4th line checked well all game but I can understand why they were benched after the go-ahead goal in the 3rd (although you probably could have rotated Edstrom with the Mika line). CK and Mika are still not moving the needle 5v5. Kakko may never score again.

Miller continues to be excellent when he doesn't have to think and just his athletic traits, and a liability when he has time to make hockey plays. Fox is trying to do too much (having to overcome Lindgren?) and Lindgren doesn't appear to be doing much at all. Trouba started out ok and reverted to form very quickly

Shesty was really good except for one absolute howler that turned out to be the difference

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
the 3rd line played the whole game. He benched the 4th line

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

"Hang"? Not getting blown out is not "hanging" with Florida. Rangers got locked down completely in the 3rd. Only thing we hung was ourselves with that bad goal.

"Slim gap"? What is this homer shit.

Yes they hung with them. The worst goal of all time is the only reason it didn't go into OT. The 3rd period sucked but you make it sound like they got outshot 20-0.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Is Wennberg good enough to provide secondary scoring behind the Funny Italian Bread line? He needs to be with Zib here. I said it a while back we should get Monohan when he was available, guy is on a tear!

Reactions: egelband

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He's been doing that for a while lately.

He did have that 2 goal game against Tampa a month ago, but outside of that, not too impressed with him.

Yes, there are the other culprits but that's stating the obvious, beating a dead horse.
I hear you. Vesey is a non issue. For what he brings, I'd take 9 of him with a best in class first line.

Reactions: Unpredictable1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad