Confirmed with Link: Bitten and Pezzetta signs their 3-year ELC

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
I know that the smart HF Boards posters will all say yes, as they should. But will all three get offers? It would be a waste to draft them and then they don't sign but it's happened before.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Blain, Boucher, Broll, Ebbing, Leef, Petti, and Veilleux are all on AHL contracts or on a PTO. Laval could use the depth so I could see both Evans and Bitten getting contracts. Pezzetta is unlikely. I think it depends on how much success the Habs have in signing some undrafted prospects.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I say they have a skills competition and whoever wins, gets a contract. If that doesn't work, maybe a street fight for a contract.

Reactions: dinodebino

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I know that the smart HF Boards posters will all say yes, as they should. But will all three get offers? It would be a waste to draft them and then they don't sign but it's happened before.

Right now, yes, mostly because there is no reason to not QO them. Habs currently have 43 pro contract and this number will drop to 28 in July. So they have plenty of room and no tough decision to take.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Do any of them deserve a contract?

Evans is among the top NCAA players. If we don't sign him someone else will.

Blain, Boucher, Broll, Ebbing, Leef, Petti, and Veilleux are all on AHL contracts or on a PTO. Laval could use the depth so I could see both Evans and Bitten getting contracts. Pezzetta is unlikely. I think it depends on how much success the Habs have in signing some undrafted prospects.

Pezzeta scored 28 points in his draft year. Two years later he is close to a PPG pace (49 points in 56 points).

If this improvement isn't enough to earn him a contract it would mean the Habs didn't intend to sign him in the first place.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Evans and Bitten should for sure, Pezzetta probably won't ever make the NHL but maybe he'll help Laval?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
For sure, Evans is a top NCAA player, not saying it will translate but his progression since draft was constant.

Bitten may not have that much of a progression, points wise, but, his pinball style will get him a contract, wonder about his durability but well...

And Pezzetta, from zero to hero :laugh: ok I'm kidding, but still had a nice progression, from 'Andrew Conboy crazy' to actually useful, versatile and tough point getter, so why not ?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Before this year I would say no to Pezzetta but he has taken a jump, so yes.

Bitten production wise has disappointed but he has speed , smarts and 2 way play Habs like. I say yes.

Evans plays centre and has done fine. Yes.

Where is Montreal with his comments?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Boucher is on fire on top of that. He has 7 points (3G, 4A) in the last 4 games. He is really fast and is a good skater. Should he keep this up, I can see them offer him an NHL contract. He'll still be in Laval next year, but the possibility to call him up to Montreal could become a possibility.

Aside from that, Bitten is a Gallagher/Byron hybrid. Very fast, has a good mix of playmaking and shooting abilities. I can see him take a year or two in Laval. But I see him playing the NHL.

Same goes for Evans. He has tools that will make him an NHL'er. He will need some time in the minors to work on those tools. But I think he has what it takes to be a Bottom-6 center.

I can see them signing Pezzetta, as well. He's been having a good year. But I would think they'll wait to see what he does during the OHL playoffs. He can also be a good depth player, even if only for Laval. Might as well have your own draft picks there then always bringing in free agents.

Reactions: Agalloch

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't see any reason to NOT sign Bitten or Evans.
Pezzetta? Well, if they didn't exepect him to be exactly where he is at this point, they wouldn't have drafted him in the first place, so I think he gets an offer.

Reactions: Habs76

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Evans will at least get a look in the NHL at some point, so hope the Habs sign him. Bitten with his speed and effort should be an NHLer at some point so I don't see why they wouldn't sign him. Pezzetta I would wait and see how he does in the playoffs, if it goes well f*** it, sign him and see what he can do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure why all 3 wouldn't. Geez, are we that deep in prospects? Even Pezzetta who I'm not a fan of and surely think that once that contract is up, he'll be let go....but do we have any choices? Sign all 3. And sign extra UFA from NCAA and elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00