Confirmed with Link: Bitten and Pezzetta signs their 3-year ELC

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I totally dislike Bergevin and can't wait til he's canned, cause the ideology he brings is severely outdated...

BUT

I can't dislike kids that are part of the organization, even if I wanted someone else picked instead of him at the time.

Bitten didn't have a huge progression, production-wise, but his pinball style will endear everybody, and Pezzetta, damn he was dumb as an ox last season, but, shit, he did a 180 this season, and nobody can deny that.

Only thing I can do in their case, is to hope for the best.

NOW, if only Bergevin and co could actually be fired, and someone else with a vision that includes skill be hired instead, at least kids like Pezzetta would have a defined goal in the organization, to surround skilled guys and protect them, they wouldn't be seen as 'main pieces'...

But, damn, we need to sign Evans ASAP.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Eh, I'm just not getting worked up over this. I'm not going to bash an organization showing loyalty to a prospect who works hard to improve when the team doesn't need the contract limit space.

Then what about Bradley who was more skilled and was an investment of a higher pick and is actually a C.

He will bust too. But why was their loyalty to the plug?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Then what about Bradley who was more skilled and was an investment of a higher pick and is actually a C.

Yea, I'm not sure why they didn't sign Bradley. I was really hoping they would have signed him.

I remember last year, I compared his numbers to Tyler Johnson. Tyler went undrafted, but played 4 years in the WHL. At the time I looked at their numbers, Bradley was in his third year of Junior with Medicine Hat Tigers.

TJ vs. MB
Year 1: 35 pts in 69 games (0.51 PPG) vs. 40 pts in 71 games (0.56 PPG)
Year 2: 61 pts in 62 games (0.98 PPG) vs. 51 pts in 68 games (0.75 PPG)
Year 3: 71 pts in 64 games (1.11 PPG) vs. 77 pts in 70 games (1.1 PPG)

Tyler had better PPG average, but Bradley was putting up comparable numbers. I think he was more than worth an ELC.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm glad they signed Bitten, figured it would happen at some point. Pezzetta I thought they might wait and see how he does in the playoffs first, but oh well not going to lose any sleep over it. I do think he'll be better then Waked, interested to see how he does in Laval unless he's in the ECHL.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
really happy we signed Bitten. Watched him enough to have a good feeling about the pick at the time. great speed, good hands, good potential ... north-south type of player... wish him the best.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I like you am disgusted by some of the behaviour of some of our posters. You have family's celebrating tonight, moms crying, uncles and cousins that are so proud and then you have comments like the ones we're appauled by......incredible

The fact remains...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I don't know? This FO constantly baffles with its inconsistencies. I just don't think its worth getting worked up about.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like you am disgusted by some of the behaviour of some of our posters. You have family's celebrating tonight, moms crying, uncles and cousins that are so proud and then you have comments like the ones we're appauled by......incredible

The hate and frustration for Bergevin is real man. It's so real that this hate and frustration is pointed towards players and other fans.

Reactions: jaffy27

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
People are complaining about Bradley? Really?

Pezzetta has made great gains in his play this year. That kind of development year deserves a contract. He also already plays a pro type game & should add toughness & center depth to Laval next year.

I fully expected MB to sign both Bitten & Pezzetta this year because both bring something. Bitten: speed & drive. Pezzetta: size, drive & toughness.

We'll see how they do next year. We need players for Laval & we have a ton of contract room. No brainer to sign them.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Pezzetta has made great gains in his play this year. That kind of development year deserves a contract. He also already plays a pro type game & should add toughness & center depth to Laval next year.

I fully expected MB to sign both Bitten & Pezzetta this year because both bring something. Bitten: speed & drive. Pezzetta: size, drive & toughness.

We'll see how they do next year. We need players for Laval & we have a ton of contract room. No brainer to sign them.
Sure but how much of it has to do with him being a big 19 year old outmuscling kids? Jack Nevins stats (albeit him being an overager) weren't that far off. Or Stefan Fournier.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I really liked what I saw from Pezzetta, seems like a real warrior out there, I won't pencil him out of NHL yet as he is quite fast and very aggressive, which would be welcomed on a 4th line. Almost a PPG so there is some talent in that kid too.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sure but how much of it has to do with him being a big 19 year old outmuscling kids? Jack Nevins stats (albeit him being an overager) weren't that far off. Or Stefan Fournier.

He's not that big in relation to the rest of the OHL. I mean Kevin Bahl is 6'6 & Curtis Douglas is 6'8, so maybe that's a fair question when talking about them, but Pezzetta is 6'1, maybe 6'2, a good size, but hardly an oversized player for that to be a factor. Besides, Pezzetta is a kid too! He's only 19 (turns 20 Tuesday).

Fournier's issue was his awful skating. That isn't a problem for Pezzetta. Besides there were a ton of people on here who thought we should give Fournier a contract & were thrilled when we did. Cause he was "worth a shot".

Ditto Pezzetta. He's earned his contract this year. Last year, I was a huge critic of that pick & of him as a player. Didn't like it or him at all, but he's earned his shot.

He's had a strong year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Nobody COMPLAINS about Bradley. The question is...why was Pezzetta signed and not him? A Bradley who was a C something we desperately need. A guy who was more than PGG when we decided not to sign him? Not that Bradley will become a Hall of FAmer. Nothing like that...just....why was one signed and not the other one. But it's pretty simple why....TRUCULENCE and CHARACTER. Okay. Again fine with the Pezzetta even if I hate with passion the thought process behind it. But 3 years of seeing a kid fight instead of having to signed a David Broll.

In the end, that signing might be a response to the AHL rules for the number of vets you have to use in a game. Now, you have a young plugger fighter that you won't have to use a vet space and maybe, just maybe, use those vet spaces to better use.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Signing Bitten was obvious (I can't remember a better CHL player that we refused to sign, and we signed some that were definitely not as good as him, like Grégoire).

Signing Pezzetta is consequent with drafting him. I mean... if you draft him, and you don't sign him with the season he's having (on his 19 YO season), then why exactly draft him in the first place? He's probably exactly where the team realistically would've expected him to be.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nobody COMPLAINS about Bradley. The question is...why was Pezzetta signed and not him? A Bradley who was a C something we desperately need. A guy who was more than PGG when we decided not to sign him? Not that Bradley will become a Hall of FAmer. Nothing like that...just....why was one signed and not the other one. But it's pretty simple why....TRUCULENCE and CHARACTER. Okay. Again fine with the Pezzetta even if I hate with passion the thought process behind it. But 3 years of seeing a kid fight instead of having to signed a David Broll.

In the end, that signing might be a response to the AHL rules for the number of vets you have to use in a game. Now, you have a young plugger fighter that you won't have to use a vet space and maybe, just maybe, use those vet spaces to better use.

Don't know why they didn't sign Bradley especially considering we're crying out for centers. He doesn't really bring anything though. What exactly is Bradley's game? Outside of he's been able to put up points alongside talented teammates?

I remember hearing a scout say once that a player has to "bring" something if you draft him, skating, hands, smarts, size, toughness, something that defines him & his game. Bradley doesn't have any of that. He's a good junior player, but doesn't stand out in any particular way.

Bitten & Pezzetta both have something to there game, which is why they were probably signed & Bradley wasn't.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can't wait when Ikonen plays in the AHL and is sidled with Pezzetta on his line. Harken back to the Hagel/Broll days

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Well, I'm looking to a follow-up to your Kabana/Romanian story. I'll be waiting, then. :)

Getting back to the thread topic, would it be fair to say that in order of let's say potential for an NHL career, would you guys have them ranked as Evans, Bitten and then Pezzetta, in order?
A funny thought just occurred to me. What if Pezzetta was the only one of the three to make it to the NHL. And stick as 3rd liner. I think WTK would blow a casket and the fire department would have to scrap his remains from the walls and ceiling. Jesus, his eruption might even eclipse the Halifax Explosion during the war.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Bradley? Really? Has any other team picked him up? Maybe they told Bradley in the off season to work on parts of his game and he didn't so they figured he wasn't serious. Maybe they did the same thing with The Pezz and he showed improvement. I dislike MB but not everything he does is idiotic. Why don't you give it another year and see how it pans out.

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bradley? Really? Has any other team picked him up? Maybe they told Bradley in the off season to work on parts of his game and he didn't so they figured he wasn't serious. Maybe they did the same thing with The Pezz and he showed improvement. I dislike MB but not everything he does is idiotic. Why don't you give it another year and see how it pans out.

I doubt any other team was going to draft Pezzetta, let alone sign him to an ELC following this season.. he's an AHL contract guy.

I don't need another year to see how it pans out. The guy was a waste of a pick, he's a waste of a contract slot.. and the only reason he's signed is this organization is still committed to having "strong" "physical" players with "character" and character is apparently the ability to get suspended throwing dirty hits.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
For what it's worth Pezzata looked good at the rookie camp. Thought he was an invite and figured we might sign him. Problem is that with so much talent coming into the league, you can find this type of player on waivers easily At least we drafted him with a 6th rounder instead of reaching into in 3rd round...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad