Speculation: Bishop vs. Lehner

source

Jul 13, 2008
Nothing pisses me off more than when people make assumptions on someone.

Although Bishop is a very friendly guy, Lehner is just as friendly but in his won quiet way. The fiery Lehner you see on the ice is the competitive Lehner that his father taught him to be at a young age. He wants to win, compete and uses his aggressiveness as a way to distract shooters knowing they're coming down on someone who won't be afraid to wack em down if they interfere with him.

Lehner has a winning mentality. He rebounds off bad goals, he hates losing. You win with those guys.

I've met and talked to Lehner, he is in no way a jerk whatsoever.
His teammates loved him in SOO and I've yet to hear anything back about him.

Hmmmm.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We don't know what was said on the ice. For all we know Lehner looked up to the Captain and said "***, jag av hade det!" (****, I should of had that!) And Alfie responded "Det var mitt fel, inte ditt. Oroa dig inte." (It was my fault, not yours. Do not worry.)

We just don't know.
I liked how you appropriately used only 3 "*" for the Swedish curse. (or maybe the forum software is multilingual?)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I liked how you appropriately used only 3 "*" for the Swedish curse. (or maybe the forum software is multilingual?)

I caught that on google translate. I did not realize that the curse word changes based on the context it is being used as. Learn something new everyday.

Milan the God*

I met Lehner once. Seemed like a really chill guy. That's all I have to say and I know it probably contributes nothing to the thread.

Bishop vs Lehner: Bishop is probably better right now, but has like 4-5 years on Lehner. Sens have been grooming Lehner to be the future netminder,

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I've also met Lehner. He just kept going on about how amazing Karlsson is.

He also said my shoes were sick.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

What is so hmmmm about it? It's been consistently said that Lehner is a hard competitor but no one has said anything ill of his attitude towards being a jerk etc... The father part you bolded was an article that came out about him and his father and 100 mph shots at the age of 15 etc...

I've also met Lehner so I of all people, and those that met him/know him, can chip in because the majority here don't know squat that's what separates an assumption between a fact.

EDIT: 2 posts above vouch for that.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Think I'm gonna trade Dan Boyle for BIG BAD BISHOP in my fantasy pool. Hopefully he gets traded before next season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Many goalies have played into their late 30s and early 40s. Anderson has had a relatively light workload up until a year or two ago. I think he can go at least until his late 30s at a high level.

Last edited by a moderator:

source

Jul 13, 2008
What is so hmmmm about it? It's been consistently said that Lehner is a hard competitor but no one has said anything ill of his attitude towards being a jerk etc... The father part you bolded was an article that came out about him and his father and 100 mph shots at the age of 15 etc...

I've also met Lehner so I of all people, and those that met him/know him, can chip in because the majority here don't know squat that's what separates an assumption between a fact.

EDIT: 2 posts above vouch for that.

What separates your encounter with him on the street from his interactions with teammates on a daily basis?

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
ITT: People acting like they know what goes on in the locker room based on what they see on TV.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What separates your encounter with him on the street from his interactions with teammates on a daily basis?

I'm not saying I know him as well as his teammates, I'm saying people are calling him a jerk when they haven't even met him and are basing their opinions off pure assumptions with no evidence.

On the other hand, everyone who has met him or knows anything about him, have never heard of this personality problem that people keep bringing up. You don't need to be a psychologist to know the difference.I did not met him once, I've met him 3-4 times as well as over at a club in Sweden with a bunch of his friends. Real quiet and really nice guy, this was a couple years ago too back when he isn't the better professional he is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
ITT: People acting like they know what goes on in the locker room based on what they see on TV.

Thank you. If a guy who is writer is caught ripping up his book because he is frustrated by his incoherent ideas, is all of a sudden an aggressive and ill-tempered person according to this thread.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Lehner is almost at the same level as Bishop and like what 4 years younger. Bishop was better in the shoot out thats about it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I still think Bishop is the better goalie at the moment, and based on merit deserves NHL starts over Lehner, but you'd be a fool not to think that Lehner will be better at 26 than Bishop is at 26.

Bishop is the obvious piece to move, here. The writing is on the wall.

It's a shame that we couldn't have made a trade like this, a 2nd for a guy like Ben Bishop, during the Darth Gerber / Brian Elliott era...

BlazingRoy

Cacaw
Dec 8, 2010
bishop is the obvious piece to move

haaaaaaaaa

Lehner is ready now to be a backup at least if not NHL starter I don't wanna see him in the AHL for another year guys like him seem to perform better in the NHL anyways. If I was him and I was in the AHL for another full year after I'd go insane

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
haaaaaaaaa

Lehner is ready now to be a backup at least if not NHL starter I don't wanna see him in the AHL for another year guys like him seem to perform better in the NHL anyways. If I was him and I was in the AHL for another full year after I'd go insane

Does "haaaaaaaaa" mean "yes, I agree"?

We seem to be on the same page, but "haaaaaaaaa" is kind of throwing me for a loop.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How come? The only time the two went head to head was in the AHL and Lehner was the more dominant goalie.

I just think Bishop looks more confident handling NHL traffic at the moment. Bish is a bit calmer out there, and Lehner can be a roller-coaster ride.

Like I said before though, Lehner is the better goalie long-term. He has the skill to be twice the goalie Bishop is at 26. You'd be silly to keep Bishop only because he looks a fraction better than Lehner does despite Bish having 5 more developmental years under his belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00