B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The season was in the toilet and the team had a plan to call up a number of guys for short stints to get a look for the future. Prince got his and then Puempel came up, that was the point where we went on the streak and Cameron went with the old 'don't change a winning line up' philosophy. Puempel stayed due to that and Cameron also really really liked him. He was breaking into the top 6 right when he and Milo go injured.

Guys like Schneider, Claesson and Wideman were all supposed.to get call ups as well but didn't since we pushed for the playoffs. Puempel got a bit lucky but he also earned that extended loom with his play.

Well, that's good to hear if that was the case. It didn't seem like Prince deserved to be sent down, then you have Puempel get a long look, so I thought Cameron prefered him. Which...will make for an interesting scenario if true.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The season was in the toilet and the team had a plan to call up a number of guys for short stints to get a look for the future. Prince got his and then Puempel came up, that was the point where we went on the streak and Cameron went with the old 'don't change a winning line up' philosophy. Puempel stayed due to that and Cameron also really really liked him. He was breaking into the top 6 right when he and Milo go injured.

Guys like Schneider, Claesson and Wideman were all supposed.to get call ups as well but didn't since we pushed for the playoffs. Puempel got a bit lucky but he also earned that extended loom with his play.

thats my impression too

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Chris Carlisle...............

CHRIS CARLISLE SIGNS TWO-WAY CONTRACT WITH THE BINGHAMTON SENATORS
Jul 09, 2015 - 16:32 EDT

Former Generals defenceman, Chris Carlisle, has signed a one year two-way contract with the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Carlisle spent all four season of his OHL career with the Generals after being drafted by Oshawa in 2010, 284th overall. He developed into a leading defenceman for the club with his strong defensive skills and his ability to make offensive plays. He recorded 90 points (17 goals, 73 assists) in 226 regular season games, and 10 points in 38 playoff games as a General

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
CHRIS CARLISLE SIGNS TWO-WAY CONTRACT WITH THE BINGHAMTON SENATORS
Jul 09, 2015 - 16:32 EDT

Former Generals defenceman, Chris Carlisle, has signed a one year two-way contract with the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Carlisle spent all four season of his OHL career with the Generals after being drafted by Oshawa in 2010, 284th overall. He developed into a leading defenceman for the club with his strong defensive skills and his ability to make offensive plays. He recorded 90 points (17 goals, 73 assists) in 226 regular season games, and 10 points in 38 playoff games as a General

With Wikstrand staying over, Binghamton is getting crowded now on the Dside.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With Wikstrand staying over, Binghamton is getting crowded now on the Dside.

Potentially, I count 9 defencemen, I imagine at least one of them could end up in the ECHL if not more. Is there any more than these guys?

Claesson - Wideman - (if Widmean doesn't stay in Ottawa after TC)
Wikstrand - Kostka - (if Wikstrand stays in NA)
Harpur - Mullen
Sdao - Rutkowski
Carlisle - Lepine - (makes ten, thanks Ouroboros)

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Gui Lepine as well. That makes 10 defensemen under contract, but it seems to me like Wideman will be in Ottawa.

Carlisle and Rutkowski are pretty much for Evansville exclusively.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Just my opinion I think Ottawa will go again with 8 blueliners again this season so add Wideman to the list for up top......

For Binghamton I see
Claesson
Sdao
Mullen
Kostka
Wikstrand
Harpur
Lepine

That is 7 in no particular order...

IF Binghamton carries 8 then add Rutkowski or somebody else they sign out of camp in September will be in Binghamton..................

If they do then Rutkowski & Carlisle would go to Evansville................

In fact does anybody know anything about C Carlisle I have no idea about him....................

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is their going to be any way to watch one or two Bingo games this season? Will someone be streaming?

I am interested in see how some of the Sens prospects play and also how O'Connor plays.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Gui Lepine as well. That makes 10 defensemen under contract, but it seems to me like Wideman will be in Ottawa.

Carlisle and Rutkowski are pretty much for Evansville exclusively.

I'm not so sure that Ottawa will carry 8 defencemen unless Phillips is on the IR to start the season. It should be interesting to watch which prospects make Ottawa & which don't out of training camp. My own guess is that Puempel is the only prospect to make the team & Wideman starts the yr in Bingo unless Phillips is hurt to start the yr. I assume we will know right off the bat if Philllips attends training camp or not, if he will be on IR or not. Personally, I think not, we'll see.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'm not so sure that Ottawa will carry 8 defencemen unless Phillips is on the IR to start the season. It should be interesting to watch which prospects make Ottawa & which don't out of training camp. My own guess is that Puempel is the only prospect to make the team & Wideman starts the yr in Bingo unless Phillips is hurt to start the yr. I assume we will know right off the bat if Philllips attends training camp or not, if he will be on IR or not. Personally, I think not, we'll see.

I hope they give Wideman the chance to play - if he earns it out of Camp. He should occupy Gryba's spot as 3RD at the least. They may try to Pageau him and send him down at the start, but I'd think he'd be scooped up by another team if they did.

Even with "just" Claesson, Wikstrand, Harpur, Sdao, Mullen, Kostka, Lepine, that's a pretty good depth right there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope they give Wideman the chance to play - if he earns it out of Camp. He should occupy Gryba's spot as 3RD at the least. They may try to Pageau him and send him down at the start, but I'd think he'd be scooped up by another team if they did.

Even with "just" Claesson, Wikstrand, Harpur, Sdao, Mullen, Kostka, Lepine, that's a pretty good depth right there.

I'm not so sure that anyone would pick Wideman off of waivers considering how much he is going to make in the AHL. Also consider that no one picked Hoffman off of waivers when he was sent down a couple of yrs ago & at the end of training camp is when every team is sending down a number of very good players to the AHL. Those 7 you mentioned aren't bad but Wideman would certainly add to that defence & maybe push the team into the playoffs & potentially create another championship team in Bingo. Something their fans would dearly love.

I would also mention that at the end of training camp (if not way before) almost every team have their rosters set, their team established & their budgets in place for the coming season. Every team has very good players who are probably NHL ready, as Ottawa does, but don't have the room on their rosters at this point. It would also surprise me if Ottawa carries more than 7 defencemen as it will if Bingo carries more than 7 defencemen on their roster. I expect at least two D if not three defencemen to be sent to Evansville at the end of Bingo's training camp. Nice to see so much good defensive depth for the organization though. Same for the forwards.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
You could be right Aragorn on both teams carrying 7 blueliners.........

I see Ottawa going with 8 myself as they tend to go through them, perhaps with 8 they can find 6 that would improve the D up top. I have a few question marks on PW and Cowen Ect.........

Being honest who knows IF Wideman can play and be productive up in Ottawa..... I hope he does but can not say for sure till he gets there..................

Also with Evansville being 825 miles away I can see Binghamton going with 8 D also just makes life easier for call ups to Ottawa and injuries down here...................

Hope all is well with you & your family Aragorn enjoy the summer.....

As for how many D-men Ottawa and Binghamton keep we will have to wait till October on that........................

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You could be right Aragorn on both teams carrying 7 blueliners.........

I see Ottawa going with 8 myself as they tend to go through them, perhaps with 8 they can find 6 that would improve the D up top. I have a few question marks on PW and Cowen Ect.........

Being honest who knows IF Wideman can play and be productive up in Ottawa..... I hope he does but can not say for sure till he gets there..................

Also with Evansville being 825 miles away I can see Binghamton going with 8 D also just makes like easier for call ups to Ottawa and injuries down here...................

Hope all is well with you & your family Aragorn enjoy the summer.....

As for how many D-men Ottawa and Binghamton keep we will have to wait till October on that........................

Thanks Zeke, you have a wonderful summer as well & stay healthy my friend.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
the only candidates I see are
Buddy
Schneider
Dzuir
Claesson
and Mullen

Im gonna guess

C: Claesson
A: Dzuir
A: Schneider

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
the only candidates I see are
Buddy
Schneider
Dzuir
Claesson
and Mullen

Im gonna guess

C: Claesson
A: Dzuir
A: Schneider

Pretty good guess. It also makes me wonder if Claesson does become Captain of the team as he was at last yr's rookie tournament what the organization thinks of him & has planned for him. Does he have top 4 NHL potential or bottom two? IMO he could challenge both Cowen & Wiercioch for that 2nd pairing left side job in Ottawa next yr at some point.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton Senators Announce Five New Signings

The Binghamton Senators earlier today announced the signings of a goaltender, two forwards and two defensemen. All five are likely earmarked to play for the Evansville IceMen of the ECHL with two players set to make their pro debuts.

Binghamton Senators Announce Five New Signings.

Goalie and fan favorite
Scott Greenham

Forwards Ryan Penny, & Danny Hobbs.....

D-men Nick Tuzzolino, & Chris Carlisle.....

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So if the B-Sens re-signed Greenham, what does that mean for the Bingo crease?
Driedger spends another year in the ECHL? Will Bingo carry 3 goalies all year?

I can't imagine O'C not starting the year in the AHL...

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
So if the B-Sens re-signed Greenham, what does that mean for the Bingo crease?
Driedger spends another year in the ECHL? Will Bingo carry 3 goalies all year?

I can't imagine O'C not starting the year in the AHL...

"Bonk":

Well there is no real choice Greenham will go to Evansville as both Chris Driedger, & Matt O"Connor are on NHL 2 way contracts. Even last season Greenham had to go to Evansville.

Driedger was sent to Evansville to start the season last yr because he had such an awful camp. The brass were not happy with him at all, that he was playing so piss poor that they sent him to Evansville.......

Last yr Greenham was the best goalie Binghamton had then again we saw a much diff Hammond, than you did up top.....

Last edited:

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
I'm not so sure that anyone would pick Wideman off of waivers considering how much he is going to make in the AHL. Also consider that no one picked Hoffman off of waivers when he was sent down a couple of yrs ago & at the end of training camp is when every team is sending down a number of very good players to the AHL. Those 7 you mentioned aren't bad but Wideman would certainly add to that defence & maybe push the team into the playoffs & potentially create another championship team in Bingo. Something their fans would dearly love.

I would also mention that at the end of training camp (if not way before) almost every team have their rosters set, their team established & their budgets in place for the coming season. Every team has very good players who are probably NHL ready, as Ottawa does, but don't have the room on their rosters at this point. It would also surprise me if Ottawa carries more than 7 defencemen as it will if Bingo carries more than 7 defencemen on their roster. I expect at least two D if not three defencemen to be sent to Evansville at the end of Bingo's training camp. Nice to see so much good defensive depth for the organization though. Same for the forwards.

If you claim someone on waivers, they must play in the NHL. The only way the AHL money will be paid is if it with Bingo.

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
FWIW, we're being told down here in Eville that Greenham is marked to come down. Also being told that Tuzzolino and Alex Wideman are marked for here and a possibility of Matt Zay.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If you claim someone on waivers, they must play in the NHL. The only way the AHL money will be paid is if it with Bingo.

You can still get them down into the AHL, it's just that they still have to clear waivers (and the original team gets first right of refusal).

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
FWIW, we're being told down here in Eville that Greenham is marked to come down. Also being told that Tuzzolino and Alex Wideman are marked for here and a possibility of Matt Zay.

Thanks for the insight!

Great to hear from you down there and your local knowledge. Keep it coming as it helps form opinion on Bingo and Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad