B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I dunno if anyone cares but I moved to Columbus for work. I plan to have all streaming of Binghamton this season unless the cable provider out here shuts me down. Might also pick up a 3rd machine to do Lake Erie as well but not sure.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I dunno if anyone cares but I moved to Columbus for work. I plan to have all streaming of Binghamton this season unless the cable provider out here shuts me down. Might also pick up a 3rd machine to do Lake Erie as well but not sure.

don't know if anyone cares???!?!?!? come on man.
say hi to your pal foligno.
Good luck to you main. will be watching and chatting if you can still do the streams. let us know what columbus is like.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Enjoy Columbus ... you're still the MAIN man ... say hi to Nick & get him back to Ottawa.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

Good luck man! Could have been worse, could have ended up in Buffalo and had to watch Lehner again.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Good luck man! Could have been worse, could have ended up in Buffalo and had to watch Lehner again.

I'll be watching Ottawa through and through, just for CBJ visits it'll be in-person. And as for Lehner - I knew in my heart of hearts Murray would do the right thing. I'm glad he's gone and the Sens can focus on getting a cup now.

:laugh:

Funny on many levels, good luck to Main in Columbus, you must really like Foligno :sarcasm:

Just a matter of happenstance, but I'll happy to see him flourish as he's been doing already.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Awesome - wish you nothing but success down there and will send you a note if my work has me in Columbus as well - would be great to catch a game together.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
His teammates call him Baby Boro, which should give you an idea as to what kind of a player he is. IMO watching him at development camps & in Bingo games I see him as a tough stocky defensive checking forward with limited offensive upside. Coming from college you wouldn't think he was going to be that tough or such a good fighter but as it turns out he is. Not sure if he will ever be Chris Neil tough, but tough enough for a middle weight. I'm also not sure if we will ever see him in Ottawa but along with his college buddy Dzingel, they make a very interesting forward combination.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Any chance, with a good camp, that Chlapik makes Bingo this year? Our only four C's that I count are O'Dell, Dzingel, Dunn and Ewanyk. That's pretty bad. Maybe Paul or Guptill play C?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Any chance, with a good camp, that Chlapik makes Bingo this year? Our only four C's that I count are O'Dell, Dzingel, Dunn and Ewanyk. That's pretty bad. Maybe Paul or Guptill play C?

"Goombah":

Filip Chlapik is too young to play in Binghamton next season......

In fact he has 2 yrs left in juniors until he would be old enough to play in Binghamton...

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
He is an import so he is eligible to play right out of the draft. At least that's what it says here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/127189/2015-nhl-draft-ottawa-senators-draft-review/2/

"Goonbah":

Chlapik was drafted after he played a yr in the QMJHL he was not drafted out of Europe.

He was drafted after he played a yr in the QMJHL so he is bound by the CHL rules..............

So 2 more yrs of juniors till he would be old enough to play in Binghamton........

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Zeke have you ever heard of this expression "blue-haired" to reference an elder woman? I've never seen an elder woman dye her hair ever in my life and now, since I'm asking so many clarification questions, I'm being called into question if I'm actually that dumb or just trolling.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1749855&page=26

"MainDotC":

I have never to the best of my memory have heard blue-haired in ref to an elderly lady.....

I looked it up and it said some older women do this to get rid of the yellow look of their hair......

"A blue rinse is a dilute hair dye used to reduce the yellowed appearance of grey or white hair, typically associated with older women.[1][2] In a manner similar to laundry bluing, the blue rinse can make yellow-white hair appear blue-white.[citation needed]

The blue rinse gained popularity after Jean Harlow's appearance in the 1930 film, Hell's Angels.[1][2] Queen Elizabeth also contributed to the popularity of the blue rinse in the 1940s.[1][2]

In the United Kingdom, the phrase "blue rinse brigade" is a pejorative term used to describe elderly middle-class women of a conservative political persuasion. This group is often characterised as forming the backbone of local branches of the Conservative Party.[2][3]"

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Here is the rule on drafted players

"Goombah":

AHL Age and Eligibility Rules
Since this question seems to come up over and over again:

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

College players and European players (provided they are drafted out of Europe--even if they later play in the CHL) are not covered by this agreement. They only have to abide by the AHL's age requirement, which is that a player has to turn 18 by September 15 of any given season to be eligible to play. While you won't see many 18-year olds in the AHL, some European players have played at that age (e.g. Niklas Bergfors)

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Zeke have you ever heard of this expression "blue-haired" to reference an elder woman? I've never seen an elder woman dye her hair ever in my life and now, since I'm asking so many clarification questions, I'm being called into question if I'm actually that dumb or just trolling.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1749855&page=26

Hilarious. I have certainly heard that expression before...many times in fact.

Maybe it is a Canadian thing?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
No it's a British thing.

slocombe247x165.jpg

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's no longer an elderly woman thing, I see young girls walking around today with blue hair, green hair & all kinds of wild colours running through their hair. The receptionist at the physio has purple hair. Was that a Prince or Hendrix song? I remember now, neither, Hendrix was Purple Haze & Prince was Purple Rain, I believe. And for some of you younger readers Barney was a Purple Dinosauer.

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
Women used to use a blue rinse in their hair to help cover gray. Especially effective in women with dark hair and not a lot of gray. Gave a subtle blue tinge to their hair. The more gray, the more blue. Popular in the days when women would got to the beauty parlor every week for a wash and set. :)

Not used so much anymore since hair dye is so much more prevalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->