B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Thanks Aragon. I was hoping to make a list but had trouble.

imo lazar im 50/50 on if he'll start on the team or not

Prince and maybe Robinson will make the team out of camp. Greening might not make the team out of camp. Puempel usually has poor camps iirc. Not sure if he'll make it

Pas de problem ... not sure why you would say that Prince & Robinson will make it in Ottawa out of camp considering the number of players Ottawa has on one way contracts. I will grant you a couple of possible points, Lazar may start the yr in Bingo, I have stated that several times. Greening could get waived & start the yr in Bingo however, I'm not as sure about it. Hopefully, Condra is signed today by another team & not Ottawa therefore creating an open spot.

This is how I see the Ottawa 22 man roster shaping out but not necessarily with these lines. I expect that the Bingo players will get their opportunities this yr through injuries & certainly after the trade deadline. If Ottawa is out of contention then they could trade 2 or 3 players, but if they are still in contention they may not trade anyone but add a player & Phillips & maybe Neil could retire as Sens at the end of the season. IMO Neil will end up on another team one way or another after the deadline & not retire. Greening could be shipped out at the deadline if Ottawa retains some of his next yr's salary & I would guess that one or two other players could also get moved at some point after next yr making roster room for a number of prospects/Bingo players. It's after next yr when I think we will see a good number of changes.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar - if Lazar stays in Ottawa/if not, Chiasson replaces him
Chiasson - Z. Smith - Neil/Greening

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What are you talking about? That's a real solid signing for Bingo. The guy has played in the NHL as well. Wrong again aragorn.

What I meant by that was that BM said that Ottawa would probably not be very active on July 1. As it turns out they signed three players who are supposedly all bound for Bingo. Considering they had also signed some players for Bingo earlier plus the prospects who will start their first pro season it seems there is going to be a lot of players trying out for Bingo this yr. So much so that they could fill up two teams including Indiana. I did not mean it as a slur to Kostka , I know he played for the Leafs. I guess I should have been more precise instead of trying to be funny :laugh: or sarcastic :sarcasm: & here I thought god knows everything.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
What I meant by that was that BM said that Ottawa would probably not be very active on July 1. As it turns out they signed three players who are supposedly all bound for Bingo. Considering they had also signed some players for Bingo earlier plus the prospects who will start their first pro season it seems there is going to be a lot of players trying out for Bingo this yr. So much so that they could fill up two teams including Indiana. I did not mean it as a slur to Kostka , I know he played for the Leafs. I guess I should have been more precise instead of trying to be funny :laugh: or sarcastic :sarcasm: & here I thought god knows everything.

Ok. No problem. Missed the sarcasm.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone know if Dzingel and McCormick have ever played on the same line, whether in Bingo or Ohio State?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ok. No problem. Missed the sarcasm.

No worries mate.

Does anyone know if Dzingel and McCormick have ever played on the same line, whether in Bingo or Ohio State?

Yes, they supposedly played together at Ohio State, how often or for how long I have no idea. They also played together last yr during the rookie tournament along with Thompson that made for a pretty entertaining line & carried that forward with Bingo to start the yr. Not sure how long they stayed together after that.

In watching them at the development camp this yr, I think they would be great together since both have high speed motors that never quit. I would love to see some sort of goal scorer with them who also has high speed & playmaking abilities like Lindberg would be perfect with them. Then again the line of Dzingel, Paul & Lindberg were great last night at the scrimmage & they could stay together in Bingo next yr. Bingo will be fun to watch this yr, there will be a number of very interesting prospects & players with NHL potential.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Carter Camper signed by Washington ☺☻☺

July 1st 2015

Former Sen

Carter Camper signed by the Capitals (Hershey) to a 1 yr 2 way deal......

NHL rate $575K
AHL rate $175K

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Former Senator Cody Bass

July 4, 2015

Former Senator Cody Bass

The Nashville Predators, parent club of the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals, have signed free-agent forward Cody Bass to a one-year, two-way contract worth $575,000 at the NHL level and $125,000 at the AHL level.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Cody as he was part of the Binghamton team that won the Calder Cup in 2011

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
July 4, 2015

Former Senator Cody Bass

The Nashville Predators, parent club of the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals, have signed free-agent forward Cody Bass to a one-year, two-way contract worth $575,000 at the NHL level and $125,000 at the AHL level.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Cody as he was part of the Binghamton team that won the Calder Cup in 2011

I always thought he was going to develop into what Zack Smith is right now for us. Solid 4th line center that plays the PK and contributed 20-30ish points a season.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I always thought he was going to develop into what Zack Smith is right now for us. Solid 4th line center that plays the PK and contributed 20-30ish points a season.

Remember when Cody was up top with Ottawa and he hurt his shoulder...

I don't think he ever completely recovered from that injury and that is the reason he never made it back to the NHL.....

I could be wrong but that is what I think kept him from playing up top...............

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's so crazy to think that all it takes is one injury at the wrong time to derail an entire career

Dzuirzynski was doing pretty good with Ottawa in his first callup until he made the mistake of fighting McClaren who dropped him. I'm not sure but he may have gotten another game in Ottawa but that effectively seems to have ended his NHL career.

With the signing of Cole Schneider for $110K to play in Bingo, it seems that Bingo's budget has gone up quite a bit for this coming season. Not sure how many guys down there are going to earn over $100K this coming yr but it seems like a lot more than in previous ys. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
former Sen

A. Grant signed by Arizona Coyotes 1yr 2 way deal....
July 6 2015

A. Grant was signed as a free agent to a one-year, two-way contract with the Arizona Coyotes.......

NHL rate $600K
AHL rate $175K

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
What is the team going to look like this year, wondering if we can sign someone from the prospect tournament

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What is the team going to look like this year, wondering if we can sign someone from the prospect tournament

Bingo is full. Looks pretty strong on paper as, but it can be hard to predict how quickly rookies will adjust to playing pro.

Prince/Puempel - O'Dell - Schneider
Dzingel - Paul - Lindberg
Dziurzynski - McCormick - Robinson
Guptill - Dunn - Stortini
Ewanyk

ECHL: Alex Wideman, Daultan Leveille, Ryan Penny, Matt Zay

Claesson - Kostka
Harpur - Wikstrand
Sdao - Mullen
Lepine

ECHL: Troy Rutkowski

O'Connor
Driedger

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Puempel is the only guy who makes the Ottawa team out of training camp. Would like to see Tansey & Penny signed & join Bingo along with Jaros but I guess they already have too many defencemen signed. Too bad they re-signed Mullen, Tansey would have been a good addition to Bingo.

Prince - O'Dell - Schneider
McCormick - Dzingel - Robinson
Lindberg - Paul - Guptil
Dzuirzynski - Zay - Sortini/Ewanyk

ECHL: Alex Wideman LW, Daultan Leveille C, Vincent Dunn C, Lepine LD

Claesson - Wideman
Wikstrand - Kostka
Harpur - Mullen
Sdao - Rutkowski

O'Connor - Dreidger/???

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Penny is signed to an AHL deal.

I think Tansey can play another year of NCAA - if he was granted red-shirt exemption when he was injured he's eligible to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad