B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Women used to use a blue rinse in their hair to help cover gray. Especially effective in women with dark hair and not a lot of gray. Gave a subtle blue tinge to their hair. The more gray, the more blue. Popular in the days when women would got to the beauty parlor every week for a wash and set. :)

Not used so much anymore since hair dye is so much more prevalent.

I think the next time I seal my driveway I will just dunk my wife's head into the pail & save us a couple of bucks. :laugh: I hope she didn't hear that. :shakehead

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I had a skating coach who was well into her 60s that had purple hair (and skates, and coat, and gloves, and lipstick and considered coloured contacts when that became a thing...)

But anyway, back to B-Sens talk, not B-Hair talk!

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
$1

08-06-2015
Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena to be given $1.15 million for improvements

Still, some lawmakers said they are gathering requests from the community on projects in need in their districts; the state aid would be to reimburse local governments for work already done.

The funds for the arena fall into that category. They will cover the scoreboard and video system installed last year, along with in-progress upgrades to exercise equipment and locker rooms for the Binghamton Senators and visitors, according to a statement from Broome County.

Via the Press Sun-Bulletin........

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
is that a college team?

Carleton is one of the Universities in Ottawa. My guess is Bingo will have a bunch of guys slated for Evansville in the lineup, and even still its probably safe to bet the spread on Bingo.

Should be a fun outing non the less.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
is that a college team?

Carleton University has had the best basketball team in the country for the last decade winning I believe 7 national championships out of 10. Every summer they have invited several tier 1 NCAA schools to play exhibition games & they took Syracuse to double overtime before losing a nail biter, they have beaten Wisconsin who just won the NCAA National Championship & other top NCAA schools. There hockey team on the other hand I have no idea about .... :D

shooter11

May 14, 2003
Visit site
Carleton hockey team has been a top team in the OUA the last 3 seasons. They made nationals 2 yrs ago and lost to UQTR last yr in a best of 3 series as the winner would have gone to nationals.

The team had 3 NHL draft picks on the team last yr Durocher, Billinsgley and Killeen only Killeen signed though and he spent 3 yrs in the minors before returning to finish school.

Over 50 players have played CIS and made the NHL. Most famous active player would be Joel Ward.
They usual lose by a few goals to NCAA top teams and beat the bottom div 1 teams.

I don't think the game will be a blowout at all as mentioned I assume Bingo will use a few ECHL players and it will be a decent game

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Carleton University has had the best basketball team in the country for the last decade winning I believe 7 national championships out of 10. Every summer they have invited several tier 1 NCAA schools to play exhibition games & they took Syracuse to double overtime before losing a nail biter, they have beaten Wisconsin who just won the NCAA National Championship & other top NCAA schools. There hockey team on the other hand I have no idea about .... :D

11 of the last 13 but who's counting.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Watched the movie "The Rewrite" the other night. It's about Hugh Grant having to move to Binghamton for a job. I was disappointed to not hear a mention of the Sens :(

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Watched the movie "The Rewrite" the other night. It's about Hugh Grant having to move to Binghamton for a job. I was disappointed to not hear a mention of the Sens :(

I watched it simply because it was filmed partly in Binghamton. Yuck, what a terrible waste of a movie.

The director went to Binghamton University which is why it was chosen. There are quite a few scenes from downtown and the airport, but most of the college campus is not BU, it's some place in Cali.

It would have been cool if they had a scene where we went to a hockey game, but i think the director has been removed from Bingo culture for too long to realize how big it is in the city.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Here is a potential lineup for Bingo's Training Camp, have I forgotten anyone? I think that Greening & Lazar could potentially end up in Bingo this yr at some point & that a few Bingo players could end up in Ottawa during the yr. I assume the bottom 4 or 5 forwards & the bottom 3 defencemen & 1 goalie could find themselves in Evansville (ECHL) to start the yr or at some point.

Prince - O'Dell - Schnieder -
Puempel - Lazar - Robinson - was a good line at last yr's rookie tournament
Dzingel - Paul - Lindberg - was a good line at this yr's development camp
Guptil - Dzuirzynski - Stortini - a bit of an enforcer line
Wideman - Zay - Penny
Ewanyk - Leveille - Hobbs

Claesson - Mullen
Wikstrand - Koskta
Harpur - Rutkowski
Sdao - Lepine
Carlisle - Tuzzolino

O'Connor - Dreidger/Greenham

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Here is a potential lineup for Bingo's Training Camp, have I forgotten anyone? I think that Greening & Lazar could potentially end up in Bingo this yr at some point & that a few Bingo players could end up in Ottawa during the yr. I assume the bottom 4 or 5 forwards & the bottom 3 defencemen & 1 goalie could find themselves in Evansville (ECHL) to start the yr or at some point.

Prince - O'Dell - Schnieder -
Puempel - Lazar - Robinson - was a good line at last yr's rookie tournament
Dzingel - Paul - Lindberg - was a good line at this yr's development camp
Guptil - Dzuirzynski - Stortini - a bit of an enforcer line
Wideman - Zay - Penny
Ewanyk - Leveille - Hobbs

Claesson - Mullen
Wikstrand - Koskta
Harpur - Rutkowski
Sdao - Lepine
Carlisle - Tuzzolino

O'Connor - Dreidger/Greenham

"Aragorn":

You forgot Max McCormick

Now Max McCormick - Dzuirzynski - Stortini - a bit of an enforcer line a bit better of an enforcer line now.........

Shane Prince will not get to Binghamton T. Murray and 12+ other teams will claim him on waivers

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
"Aragorn":

You forgot Max McCormick

Now Max McCormick - Dzuirzynski - Stortini - a bit of an enforcer line a bit better of an enforcer line now.........

Shane Prince will not get to Binghamton T. Murray and 12+ other teams will claim him on waivers

I'd imagine 1 of those guys will be in the bigs, 4 will be released for 13 forwards (+1 if Greening is sent down). Claesson will probably get some games too from the look of things.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
"Aragorn":

You forgot Max McCormick

Thanks Zeke, I did forget " Baby Boro". We'll see if Prince is placed on waivers or not, they certainly can't keep everyone up in Ottawa. I also imagine that if he is sent down to Bingo it will be around the same time that every team is sending down players & each team should have a couple of NHL ready players that could be taken off waivers. Hoffman was placed on waivers too & no one took him but then again Tim does know the Ottawa prospects better than anyone. Should be interesting to watch what happens. Have a great weekend Zeke.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Thanks Zeke, I did forget " Baby Boro". We'll see if Prince is placed on waivers or not, they certainly can't keep everyone up in Ottawa. I also imagine that if he is sent down to Bingo it will be around the same time that every team is sending down players & each team should have a couple of NHL ready players that could be taken off waivers. Hoffman was placed on waivers too & no one took him but then again Tim does know the Ottawa prospects better than anyone. Should be interesting to watch what happens. Have a great weekend Zeke.

"Aragorn":

Yes I wish Ottawa could carry more players up top but the rules say 23 max........

As we well know contracts and waivers rule period so not easy to make those choices.........

With Shane Prince the Sens have invested time and $$$ developing him would be a shame to lose him to Tim...... It is a no brainer for Tim or others to claim him on waivers for free as he is a Rochester area native..................

They could always send Greening down not fond of the idea of 1 way players being sent down but could happen...... They could send Lazar down to develop as a center not saying they will do that but it is an option..... Myself it would be a good idea to send him down to play top line minutes at center with 2 good linemates for 40-50 games then call him up, but who knows what they will do........

I just hope they find a way to keep Shane up top..........

Well it is almost September the dog days of hockey are slowly coming to an end, hope all is well Aragorn..............

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
2015-2016 schedule breakdown

Home Schedule Breakdown:

Albany 4
Toronto 3
Utica 4
Lehigh Valley 4
Springfield 1
WB/S 3
Rochester 5
St. Johns 4
Hartford 1
Syracuse 4
Hershey 4

Notes:

There are only 4 weeks of the season which we don't have a home game.
There are 4 Wednesday games
There is 1 Sunday game
There are 8 Friday/Saturday weekends, none until Jan. 8/9.
Day before thanksgiving
New Years Eve
Day after Xmas
No Halloween game

Another broke down the schedule I am just repeating it here for HF....

The Binghamton game in Ottawa............

Sat 2/13/16
5:00 PM Syracuse (Canadian Tire Centre- Ottawa, ON)

I have no idea why they are playing Syracuse up in Ottawa does not make sense as Syracuse is the farm team of Tampa Bay??????????

It should be Toronto as it was last year no idea why they are not playing the Marlies again in Ottawa this season?????????

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
"Aragorn":

Yes I wish Ottawa could carry more players up top but the rules say 23 max........

As we well know contracts and waivers rule period so not easy to make those choices.........

With Shane Prince the Sens have invested time and $$$ developing him would be a shame to lose him to Tim...... It is a no brainer for Tim or others to claim him on waivers for free as he is a Rochester area native..................

They could always send Greening down not fond of the idea of 1 way players being sent down but could happen...... They could send Lazar down to develop as a center not saying they will do that but it is an option..... Myself it would be a good idea to send him down to play top line minutes at center with 2 good linemates for 40-50 games then call him up, but who knows what they will do........

I just hope they find a way to keep Shane up top..........

Well it is almost September the dog days of hockey are slowly coming to an end, hope all is well Aragorn..............

The window to ship Prince to Buffalo was closed after the Lehner deal.

He'll be in Binghamton next season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The window to ship Prince to Buffalo was closed after the Lehner deal.

He'll be in Binghamton next season.

I kind of agree with you & thought Prince would have been part of any deal with Buffalo especially when we got a 1st rd pick back. But since that didn't happen taking Prince off waivers (if he is not waiver exempt) would also make sense since it would cost TM nothing in terms of assets, however it would also force Buffalo to place Prince on their NHL roster which would cause other problems. Buffalo may not have the roster space for Prince so unless they felt he could beat out whoever is in the roster position they think Prince could play in it may not be in their best interest to select Prince off waivers.

It's something to consider whether Prince would be a better option for any team considering taking him off waivers whether he is a better player than what they already have. The other question then is, if we lose Prince off waivers do we go after any of Buffalo's players that they have placed on waivers? With all the players around the league going on waivers around the same time at the beginning of the yr I sometimes wonder if there is some kind of unwritten rule to allow players to go through at that time of the yr. It does happen occasionally that players are taken off the waiver wire at the beginning of the season but not often.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
I kind of agree with you & thought Prince would have been part of any deal with Buffalo especially when we got a 1st rd pick back. But since that didn't happen taking Prince off waivers (if he is not waiver exempt) would also make sense since it would cost TM nothing in terms of assets, however it would also force Buffalo to place Prince on their NHL roster which would cause other problems. Buffalo may not have the roster space for Prince so unless they felt he could beat out whoever is in the roster position they think Prince could play in it may not be in their best interest to select Prince off waivers.

It's something to consider whether Prince would be a better option for any team considering taking him off waivers whether he is a better player than what they already have. The other question then is, if we lose Prince off waivers do we go after any of Buffalo's players that they have placed on waivers? With all the players around the league going on waivers around the same time at the beginning of the yr I sometimes wonder if there is some kind of unwritten rule to allow players to go through at that time of the yr. It does happen occasionally that players are taken off the waiver wire at the beginning of the season but not often.
If prince goes on waivers and gets claimed it means whoever is in Ottawa beat him out or they just had too many 1 way contracts. If Buffalo claims him because they think he's a better player then the guy they subsequently put on waivers, why would the Sens claim an inferior player to the one they lost and be forced to play him in the NHL? They would just keep prince and place somebody else on waivers in that scenario. And if they had no room for him because of contracts how would they have room for the inferior player from Buffalo? In other words, the answer to your other question is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->